The Informant

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 30

The Informant: Kim Jisoo

-----xoxo-----

 

Still in 1929... 

Jisoo  walked in the entrance of the coven and went through the halls that leads to the council chamber and her office where mother most likely to spend her days, sorting some papers she's alone or having a meeting with the councils.

As Jisoo got in the council chamber. She visualized the two of the Grand Masters of NC outside the door. She went towards them and as they saw Jisoo they give her curtsey.

"Lord Seungri," Jisoo give them a quick curtsy. "Lord Seunghyun."

"What bring you here at council's chamber. My lady?" Lord Seungri asked her.

"Where's is my mother?" Jisoo asked back.

"Her Majesty, is having a meeting with the council right now." Lord Seunghyun replied.  His deep voice never failed to make Jisoo jumped. Unlike the other Grandmaster, Seunghyun is most reserve and quiet one. That's why, when he spoke the people around him either get scared or surprised by his deep voice.

"Oh,  I see." Jisoo said.

"Would you like me to inform her that you're here?" Lord Seungri asked her.

"No," Jisoo shook her head. "I'll wait for her at the office." Jisoo bid her goodbye to them and proceed to her mother's office.

Jisoo has made a decision to make her own investigation regarding with Jaejoong's real plan.  He never granted a clear answer to the question she'd asked and hasn't even given her a clear details about his plan even though she agreed to shield him. And she has no idea why, perhaps because she's still her mother's child and her father not fully trusted her because of that.

As she waited for Dara, Jisoo checked out the bookshelves contained collections of books.  Because of the enormous collections of book that Dara possesses, her office can be mistaken as a library. She hardly read, but she has a quite fond of books. Jisoo wandered farther into the office. The office soared upward two stories, then, Jisoo checked out the books on the second story. A few minutes later,  Jisoo heard the door opened and from the second Jisoo saw Dara entered the room with Jiyong and Chaerin Behind her.

"Are you certain about that?" Jisoo heard Jiyong asked Dara.

"Yes, I am." Dara said.

What are they talking about?  Jisoo thought. Instead of declaring her presence Jisoo choose to hide her presence using the trick that Aurie taught to her  and listen to their conversation. She doesn't know if it's going to work, but so far they didn't show any indication that they notice Jisoo at all. Did it really work?  Aurie told her,  that once you mastered this trick, even if it is, a vampire, a werewolf or even her fellow witches this trick works and only a person with an excellent ability  of sense cannot be tricked by this.

"I felt that something was going on inside the secret chamber so I went  there to check it out and when I get there,  I saw the dagger lit up." Dara said.

Jisoo eyebrows furrowed in puzzlement, as she heard the unfamiliar tone of her voice. She heard the panic in her mother's voice.  Jisoo believed this must be serious to cause her panics.

"It  lit up for a few minutes and then settles down and never lit up again. And it's only reacting like that if the bloodlass are nearby." Dara continued.

"So, they didn't kill them all. I mean it was obvious that they will hide the most precious thing they have, " Chaerin said, amused.

"I believe, she's alive," Dara declared. "And we need to find her before the rogue,"

"But  there's a possibility that the rogue might have her." Chaerin said.

"No, he doesn't have her and I believe he's not cognizant that the bloodless is still alive." Jiyong said,  positively.

"Jiyong is right. That's why we need to find her first before the rogue does." Dara said.

Rogue?  What rogue?  Jisoo thought.

"We sure have a heap of people to find. The fact that we still have no lead the where about of the cold blooded murderer, is a big headache enough." Chaerin said. "But I can believe that idiot messed up." Chaerin laughed.

"Finding the rogue vampire is still one of our priorities but," Dara said to Jiyong. "But I also want you to look after this case, Jiyong. Finding the Bloodlass will our prime priority now."  she said to Jiyong.

Jiyong nodded. "I understand. I'll organize a unit right away."

"No, " Dara said. "Not a unit, it's too risky. Perhaps one or two warriors are enough."

"If we do that, we would be able to have enough---"

"Less people are much better, Jiyong." Dara said, cutting off Jiyong. "We have to move behind the shadow to avoid any threat that can ruin everything we've worked for. And I think, it's much safer if you choose someone outside the NC unit." Dara said.

"Are you saying to choose a trainee?" Chaerin asked.

"Yes." Then Dara turned, she gazed to Jiyong. "And I believe you know someone who can handle this job."

 "You still don't trust your own warrior." Jiyong stated.

"I trust them." Dara said. "I'm simply trying to be cautious. The rogue is still out there and even though we already got rid of his minions. But I believe, he still have someone  inside the coven. And I don't want to make the same  mistake  again."

"Very well." Jiyong said. Just then they heard a knock on the door. The door opened and Changmin entered the room. When Jisoo saw him, she shrank further away. Afraid that Changmin might sense her.

"I'm sorry. Am I interrupting something?" Changmin asked.

"No," Dara shook her head. " You're not."

Changmin nodded. "All right, then. The carriage will be here soon. Are we still going?"

"Oh, yes. I nearly forgot."  Dara exclaimed. "I'll be there in a minute. Just wait for me at the carriage."

Changmin nodded, then Changmin looked up and met Jisoo's eyes.  Jisoo gasped, stare wide eyes towards Changmin and her heart thumping against her chest and shivers skittering over her skin. Changmin intense stared makes her want to shrank further away or better yet disappear.

Did he sense her presence?  What she should do now?

Changmin looked away and he gazed back to Dara. "I'll wait for you outside." By that, he leaves the room.

"Let's finish this, tomorrow." Dara said, she bids her goodbye, but then, she looked up and her eyes stayed for a second to where Jisoo was hiding before she went out of the room. Chaerin followed her, leaving Jiyong inside the room.

"Whoever you are. You better show yourself right now!" Jiyong ordered.

!  Jisoo swore. "It's just me, Lord Jiyong." Jisoo announced as finally show herself.

"Jisoo?" Jiyong said, surprised. "How did you---"

"It's not important how did I hide myself." Jisoo said cutting him off. "But I wanted to know more about the thing you were talking with my mother."

Jiyong brows furrowed. "I don't think you need to know anything more about it. You've already heard a lot."

"What is the bloodlass and who is this rogue you've been talking about?" Jisoo asked,  ignoring Jiyong's words.

"No one." Jiyong said.

"Why are you looking for her. Is she a witch as well. Are you going to kill her just like what you did to her kind?" Jisoo asked again. She need to know because if she was a witch too, then they  might be talking about Aurie since Aurie is only sole survivor against the attack.

Jiyong hasn't said anything and just stared at her, hard.

"I need to know. Please." Jisoo begged.

"Why?" Jiyong finally asked.

"Because," Jisoo hesitated. " The trick that I have used a while ago was taught by my friend, she gave a book and I learned witchcraft through that book. " Jisoo finally had the courage to say. Jisoo thought of keeping Aurie'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter