Burning Emotions

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 17

Burning Emotions

-----@@@-----

 

 

Nayeon stood outside the Twice club waiting for Momo and her friends. It was quarter to eight and she has been awaiting for them to about a half an hour. Nayeon took out her phone in her purse and sent a message to Momo.

Speaking of friends, Nayeon was worried and sick for Jennie and Jisoo. Both of them had been missing classes for a week and they're not answering their phones. It's like those two would suddenly disappear without saying anything to her  specially Jennie she hates missing her classes. What's up with those two?

"Hey, Nayeon!"

Nayeon looked up to see Momo has finally arrived with their friends Sana and Mina and some girl she doesn't recognize. Maybe one of the girl's friends.

"Hey," Nayeon nodded and say hi to them.

It was Friday until they decided to take hit on one of the hottest nightclubs. Nayeon had stayed away from the party for long enough and she wanted to get a break because her head was a messed right now with school, Jisoo and Jennie sudden disappearance.

"What's your poison?" Nayeon asked them with excitement. Her friends called out their drinks and Nayeon made her way to the bar  as soon she finished getting what the girls wanted to drink.

She waited patiently at the bar, subtly roaming her eyes to the dance floor and moving her head to the music until the bartender caught her eyes and smile to her.

"Hey, beautiful. What can I get for you?"  The bartender said to her with a flirtatious grin.

"I need a two margaritas, a on the beach, lemon drop martini and a bourbon."

"Coming right up." The Bartender with a tray of her order drinks and Nayeon smiled to to him.

"Thanks." Nayeon said with a grin and took her wallet to pay their drinks.

"Whiskey Sour. And put this beautiful and y lady her drinks on my tab." a manly voice said right beside her.

Nayeon raised her eyes and turned to say that she can pay for her own drinks, but froze as eyes fell on the owner of that voice. He's attractive...no scratch that... Hot, smoking hot.

"Hi, I'm Kris. What's your name?" He's smiling to her. He had a nice smile too, and Nayeon thought that he's even hotter when he smiled.

Oh Nayeon, you score a jackpot this time!

" Nayeon."

"Well,  Nayeon. My friends and I would you join us at our table. They're over there." Kris pointed their table lists.

Nayeon glanced over to Kris table. All guys and not to mention hottie young men. They appear to be harmless and decent enough. Why not come and join them?  There's no harm in having a little fun. The more the merrier, right?

Nayeon smile and nodded. "Of course. I let my friends know, we're be there at your table in minutes."

Kris beam a smile to her. "Great! So, see you."

Nayeon giggled and nodded once more. " See you."

As they reached towards Kris' table, his friends smiled and said hi to them. Welcoming them in the group like they know each other for long.

Momo and Mina raced towards the DJ to sign up for song they wanted to play. One guy's name, Tao invited Sana for a dance. And Sana's friends were invited by Kris friends on the dance floor, leaving Nayeon alone with Kris and his other friend. She stared at Kris as he laughed with his friend.

Nayeon suddenly felt coldness all over her like something dreadful is going to happen. She didn't know why exactly feel that way. Her instincts say that she needs to leave before it happen. Nayeon rubbed her arms and stood up to leave, but Kris caught her hand.

"Where are you going?"

"Oh, my, uh...um... I was going outside for some air. I'll be back, I promise."

"Here, do a shot with me." Kris handed her a glass filled with dark blue liquid. Nayeon seems doesn't remember ordering that drink.

"Don't worry, it's just a drink, I order for you." Kris smiled, sensing her hesitation. "I can tell something's bothering you so I though you need something a bit, well relaxing drink for you."

Really? He noticed it, but how?

"Come on. It will make you feel better." Kris insisted.

Nayeon took it and sniffed. It's sweet and she don't smell any alcohol at all. 

"What is this?"

"I ordered the bartender to make a little bit of girly drinks." Kris took his glass and swirled it. "Cheers." He clinked his glass to Nayeon and throw back a shot.

"What the hell." Nayeon downed her drink and shuddered as the liquid went down to . For a sweeter drink it sure doesn't taste sweet at all.

"You okay?" Kris said with a sweet grin.

"What was that?" Nayeon clutched to . She suddenly felt dizzy and her vision was beginning to get blurry.

"I'm so sorry, my sweet girl. I have no choice but to do this." Kris shrugged leaned back to the lounge.

"Why?" Nayeon managed to mutter out the word.

"I don't want to involve a civilian, but you're our only chance to find her." Kris shrugged and turned to the guy next to him.

"Luhan,  tell Leo to get the car ready. We are done here."

"I don't understand. What do want from me?" Nayeon forced her vision to focus on Kris.

"We don't want anything from you. We just need you to get your friend." Kris tucked her hair behind her ear and wiped the tears that rolled down from her cheeks.

Friend? What the hell is this guy talking about? 

"He's here, Kris." Luhan informed him.

"Good, Call the others immediately. We're leaving." Kris kissed the top of Nayeon's head and lowered his lips to her ear. "Nice meeting you again, Nayeon."


-----@@@-----

 

"You're not weak, Lisa. Jaejoong is just beyond your capacity." Jennie heard Jiyong voice said.

Jennie stood outside in the study room of Lisa's house. Lord Jiyong came to visit and to check Mino and Lisa condition. He was glad to know that both of them were fine. Jiyong called Lisa for a private meeting. She didn't intend to eavesdrop to their conversation,  she was bringing them some tea and accidentally heard them talking.

"That's still the same, sir." Lisa laughed, only there's no humor behind it.

"But ere's something that could possibly defeat Sabertooth."

"What is it?"

"The Red Poison."

"But  I thought it's only purpose is to defeat the Blood Lass."

"You're underestimating the red poison, Lisa. Red poison is more than just a weapon. It also posses a power that could defeat Jaejoong and the Sabertooth."

"What are trying to say, sir?" Lisa asked,

"I want you to be the bearer of it."

Jennie gasped sharply. He wants Lisa to be Scared Dagger bearer.

But the next thing that happen was makes Jennie even more surprised.  Jiyong was now standing in front of her.

She back away from him and swallowed. He caught her.

"What do you think you're doing, Miss Kim?" Jiyong asked, putting up an eyebrow.

"I, um..." Jennie panicked and rocked her brain for an excuse, but she can't think of anything suddenly she thought of why she was there in the first place.

Jennie lifted the tray in front of him and flashed him her hopefully best innocent smile. "Tea, Sir?"

Jiyong lips curled up a little. "You want to join us, Miss Kim?"

Jennie eyes widened and she quickly shook her head." No.  I'm only here to serve your tea, sir."  Jennie turned to look for an exit.

Jiyong opened the door wider just as Lisa stood up from her chair and met Jennie's gaze.

"Jennie?"

Jennie smiled briefly to her before she turned back to Jiyong. "Can I come in, so I could serve your tea, sir."

"Of course." Jiyong stepped out of the way and let Jennie inside.

"Thank you, Jennie." Lisa said to her.

Jennie flashed a smile at Lisa. "You're welcome." She said before pouring a fresh cup of tea to both cups.

"I take my leave now." Jennie bowed to Jiyong and opened the door into the hallway,  leaving Jiyong and Lisa.

Lisa stared at Jiyong as his gazed stayed at the closing door as if he was trying to figure out something.

"Have you noticed any changes with Jennie?" Jiyong suddenly asked her.

Lisa frowned, she knew what was Jiyong was asking. She knows that everyone was worried and anxious for the past few weeks,  after all they only have two weeks left before the black moon. And Jennie's life was on the line.  Her mate. Her Jennie.

"What do you mean, sir?"

"How about her aura?" Jiyong asked again ignoring her question.

Lisa huffed off. " Her aura is fine, sir."

"Fine? I believed you weren't able to see her aura?"

Oh he got her there.

Lisa huffed again,  she starts to get irritated with all his questions about Jennie. "Are you still into the idea of Jennie as the blood lass?"

"There's nothing wrong about being cautious, Lisa."  Jiyong said, in a matter of fact.

That's right, there's nothing wrong about being cautious. But this is totally wrong, Jennie has nothing to do with her world.  She doesn't deserve this crap. But what if Jennie was really the chosen blood lass,  what was going happen to her? What was going to happen to them now? Does this mean that Jennie could no longer her mate?

Man how can fate was so cruel to them?

" Lisa? Are you listening to me?"

Lisa snapped back. She forgot about Jiyong. Lisa was lost in her thought that she heard Jiyong at all.

"I'm sorry, sir.  I space out." Lisa apologized to him.

"I want your answer now." Jiyong demanded.

Lisa inhaled deeply. "I don't think I can do it, sir. You need to find someone else."

Jiyong sighed. " No. We can't. It's too late for that,  Lisa. We only have two weeks left."

"I'm sure you can find a more suited bearer than me, sir. Two weeks is enough for that."

"I'm afraid that's never going to happen. Not when the red poison chose you. As a matter of fact,  you still are the chosen bearer."

"What do you mean?" Lisa asked, confused.

"You may not recall it. Lisa but the red poison chose you."

"But if the red poison chose me then how come I didn't died with Aurie?"

"It was because Aurie killed herself before the black moon appeared. And on the night of the ritual, you bailed out."

"I...bailed out?" Lisa asked,  shaking her head Lisa leaned back in her chair not believing what she was hearing from Jiyong. She bailed out the night she was supposed to perform the ritual as the chosen bearer. For what reason? 

It was like Jiyong heard her thought because he answers it for her. "Because you and Aurie was planning on running away that night."

What the hell? She did that? And when did she become a coward? Whatever. Lisa already made up her mind and whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter