One Love And Two Broken

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 18

One Love And Two Broken

-----@@@-----

 

 

"No. In fact, you're just time." Lisa’s fangs flashed slowly and in a blink of an eye Lisa was on Irene, shoving her hard into the wall and her hand was on her neck.

In the same flashed of time, Irene fell on the floor and Lisa was now on the  opposite side of the way. Lisa's body hit on the wall and the impact was visible through the crack of the wall and rubble falling on the floor.

"You okay?" Mino asked Irene. He turned his neon-orange gaze on Irene.

Irene blinked, amazed by Mino's eye color. It's chilling, but beautiful at the same time.  Just like wolves, the vampire's eyes also change color, but the only difference are wolf eyes ly into one color gold-yellow. Vampires have three colors, but it depends on the class where they belong,  red irises for pure blood, orange for noble just like Mino. Those who are human-turned-vampire has green irises,  there are also vampire who posses white-iris too. Those vampires who see visions from the past, the presents and the future. They are a rare form of color because only 0.1%  of the vampire population posses that kind of ability.

Irene knew of all these, she did some research about vampires because she wanted to know Mino's world. She wanted to know him more. And all her life she never imagines that she will see Mino's eyes changes. She froze, unable to move a muscle. It was only a second that Mino looked at her before he gazed back to Lisa but for Irene it is like an eternity, she thought she could gaze at those gaze forever.

"Stay where you are." Mino's voice snapped Irene back from reality. She wanted to smack herself from fantasizing on Mino's eyes when someone's wanted to kill her.

Irene scrambled to her feet just as Lisa was back to her feet once more.

With a vampire speed, Lisa was now in front of Mino and he was barely in time to duck as Lisa's fist came flying to his face. Lisa followed it with her elbow through  his face and he blocked it, but the next attacked  was so fast  and Mino was not able to catch it.

Lisa solidly kicks Mino's side. Mino double over and then Lisa attacked Mino again with a knee bending blow towards his face.  Mino stumbled back, but was able to regain his balance before he could fall down on the floor. Mino shook his head, trying to hold back the dizziness away as the liquid trickled down to his nose, he wiped it saw his own blood.

"Do not interfere again, Mino." Lisa warned him.

"I don't think I can do that, Lisa." Mino replied to her and he straightens up, ready to fight again.

Both Lisa and Mino, leaped at the same time and starting swaying punches towards each other.

"Lisa! Mino! Stop this now!" Chaeyoung yelled, her voice filled with concern as saw her two friends trying to kill each other.

"You guys, do something to stop them! Bam?" Jennie plead to Bam Bam.

Bam Bam shook his head, stepped back. "Sorry Jennie but I think I'll die first  before I could even stop them."

 Lisa got distracted by Jennie's voice and Mino took this as an opportunity to land a strong punch on Lisa. Sensing and attack again,  Lisa dodged it and strikes back to Mino.  Mino step aside, dodging Lisa's kick.

Lisa wiped the blood from the corner of her lips and glared to Mino.

 This is not your business!" Lisa snapped.

"You're wrong, Lisa. It is my business. Anything that involves Irene is my business."

Irene felt her heart skip a beat the minute she heard his word. He cares about her? But how can he care about her when she only ignored him, ran away from him and forget him, but she wasn't successful to that though, because no matter how she tried to forget him, Mino always appears in her dreams and his face always drifted into her mind.

"And do you think Irene cares about you at all?" Lisa took a hit and her lip curled up. "Oh,  I know. She's not!"

Mino is really irritated by the way Lisa was acting right now. But he need to keep his cool in order to control this situation.

" She did save you though by donating her blood to you." Lisa continues to insult Mino. "Oh, that's it! She gave you her blood and in exchange, you have to lie for her. Am I right, Mino?"

"I would never lie to you, Lisa. You know that, right? Don't you trust?" Mino said,  frustrated that Lisa won't listen to him. This is why Mino doesn't want Lisa to know about the tracking device because of her temper and hardheadedness not to mention she likes to mock and insult anybody who she supposed was her enemy or against her. It was now too late. The secret was out and it takes forever to convince Lisa especially with no other witness.

"I do trust you, Mino, but not at this moment."

" Let's make a deal." Mino tried to lure her.

Lisa just snorted.  "A deal? For what? For your mate's life?"

Mino ignored her and just keep on going with his deal. "If I defeat you. You will let me explain everything---"

"And if I win?" Lisa cut in. "You'll let me kill your mate, then?"

Mino stared at Lisa, his mouth tightening into a hard line.

Seeing Mino's reaction Lisa laughed. "I see, you don't want my terms. Then what's the point of making a deal if your terms are only what matter?"

Failed.

Mino opened his mouth to talk, but Irene interrupted him.

"I actually have no idea why are you attacking me, Lisa." Irene said, she shifted to Lisa then to Mino. "Did I do something wrong?"

"You're the reason why my father died." Lisa stated, glaring at Irene. "And today I want to do the same thing that you did to my father." Irene met her fury deep red gaze and her voice was cold that send shiver not only to Irene but to everyone in the room.

"She found out about the tracking device?" Irene whispered enough for Mino to hear it.

"Yes." Mino turned to Irene again. " I'm sorry, because of me, you're in danger right now."

Irene lips parted and she breathed through as her eyes came across his eyes. He was genuinely saying sorry to him. There was sadness and regret in his eyes. In the second, she knew what's going to happen next. And it's not going to be good.

Irene. When Mino voice exploded in her mind. She went completely still. Surprised. This was the first time, Mino spoke to her mind. She was left speechless.

For years, she never tried to speak to him through his mind even though she wanted to. First of all it's uncomfortable idea, second, it's made self-conscious and lastly she doubted that it will reach him, but it's happening, he's really been speaking to her through her mind.

The moment Lisa makes a move on me. I want you to get away from here. I'll distract her so you could escape. Don't mind the others, they won't stop you.

When Irene didn't respond, Mino turned to her and talk to her once again. Are you listening to me, Irene?

He talked to her again and his mouth is not moving at all. She  snapped away and finally found her voice. "Yes, I'm listening but I won't do that."

Mino's eyes narrowed, he opened his mouth to say something, but Lisa interrupted him.

"I hate to ruin your romantic moment, but I'm starting to lose my patience here. Mino I want some answer now."

"It's not Mino's decision, but mine. You're after me, right?"

Lisa's lips curled up. "You're not running away from your sins. I like that!"

"I'm not running away because I didn't do anything and even if I did, I'll face it. And about the tracking device, I didn't know that it was planted on my phone and I am not Jaejoong's accomplice. And your father's death wasn't my fault."

"Lisa,  she's telling the truth." Chaeyoung interrupted. " I saw it. It was not like her. It was a guy."

"I was not talking to you, Chaeng." Lisa snapped. Her gaze never left Irene.

"Lisa,  well please stop this immediately. Do you think fighting and killing Irene will bring your father back?" Jennie said loudly.

Everyone held their breath and swallowed and Lisa's furious eyes turned to Jennie.

"I don't want anyone to get hurt for a misunderstanding. Especially not you, Lisa."

"It's not for you to decide."

"The hell is not!" Jennie slowly walked towards her.

"I know how you feel, Lisa. You're angry, hurt and regretful. You can hurt or even kill Irene but it doesn't change the truth. He's dead and You're father's death is no one but Jaejoong's fault, Lisa."

Jennie step in front of Lisa. Tension radiates from the other as she dare that no one in the room will do. Reaching out, Jennie closed her hand to Lisa, intertwining her fingers with hers. Jennie extended her other hand and caress Lisa cheek with gentleness, asking her by her gesture to give up now.

"Please Lisa, I'm begging you."Jennie croaked. "Just listen to them."

Lisa's deep red eyes shot fire on her,  tension building around her, and her body was shaking with rage. "For centuries, I only listen to my own instincts and no one dare to come against with my decisions and will. But you woman has given me this look that says, I'm about to  make the biggest mistake of my life."

Jennie grasped her arms and gave her a frustrated shake. " Because you are,  Lisa. If you hurt Irene you're not just going to lose a friend, but also a brother too."

"And if I won't?" Lisa asked. "Are you going to leave too?"

"I'll stay with you no matter what goes on. You won't lose me,  because..."

 I love you.

 Yes.  She loved her.

Before she knew it,  Jennie has already fallen for Lisa. Hard and fast. She doesn't know when it happened, may be the first time she saw her, but as time passes by her feelings for her is getting stronger. With her ex boyfriend, it took her six months to realize that she likes him and took her a year to realize that she's in love with him, but with Lisa, it happened so soon that she didn't know how to deal with it. She refuses or more like afraid to acknowledge this feeling because she scared to get hurt again, not when, Jennie doesn't know what  Lisa feels about her. She need to protect herself, especially the person she's in love with is not human.

She may not be able to say those words to her, but somehow she wanted Lisa to know how she feels towards.

 So instead, Jennie told her. "You're the most important person in my life and I can't imagine my life without you. I said this before and I say it again. I need you more than anything right now, Lisa." Jennie said, with a smooth voice and a smile to her.

The way  Jennie stares at Lisa, her eyes pierce through her as if she sees her and the thought terrifies her.

"What are you doing to me, Jennie."Lisa whispered. She took in a long, slow breath to calm herself. Jennie watched in awe as Lisa's eyes went back to normal. Its brown again. Rage no longer exists, but Jennie still saw the sadness in it. Losing her father has truly made a big impact on Lisa. But she glad Lisa didn't let her angry overshadowed her.

"Fine. I'll do what you ask me to do. I will let them explain everything."

Jennie heaved a huge sigh of relief. "Thank you." Jennie wrapped her arms around Lisa.

Lisa sighed and places her hands on Jennie's shoulders and gently pushes her body from her. Her eyes dart over Jennie's f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter