Vampires, Wolves and Problems

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11

Vampires, Wolves and Problems

-----xoxoxo-----

 

 

Breathing out, Lisa exits the car and thanks Chanhyuk. In front of her is the Night Crawler headquarter, she's meeting the Council the Queen regarding discuss Jennie.
 

Well, this is it. The moment of truth, she will face the council for the third time.  The thought of meeting them, still terrify her, but there is no the time for that, she needs to shake off all those unpleasant emotions that linger on her.

 

"Lisa?" Her father called her, drawing her attention back.

"Let's go,"  he motioned toward the front door of the mansion. Two Night Crawler, who was guarding the entrance bowed as soon they saw them and opened the doorway for them.

"Lord Abbe, they're waiting for you and Lady Lisa at the Head Council's chamber."One of the guard said.

Lord Abbe cast a dismissive glanced at the guards direction before turning to leave.  Two guards march behind them as they walked through the spacious hall up to the stairs that led them towards Council's office. And vampires that were residing and working in the mansion bow down every time they ran through them.
 

The assigned guards stayed outside the double doors as they entered the Head Council's office.

"We're here." Lord Abbe announced as soon as the door shut behind them.
 

Lisa cast a questioning glance to her father when she'd discover that only the Queen and the head council were inside the room.
 

"Glad you made it in here. Take a seat so we could start." Dara said to the which they complied.

"So, um..." Lisa cleared .

"Where are the other Council. Are they coming?" Lisa asked.

"The rest is not coming." Chaerin said, sitting down in the chair.

"I only asked Chaerin. I thought it's best if she knew it first before the rest of the Council does."  Dara explained and leaned back in the chair, crossing her legs together and folded her hands in her lap.

"So, what is this all about that you want to tell us, Lisa." Chaerin asked,  her cold red eyes bore through her.

"It's about my mate, Lady Chaerin." Lisa said, with her nerve rocking under the gaze of the head council.

"Oh, congratulations on finding your mate. Lucky for you, you know not everyone of us experiences a chance meeting their mate."

"But, there is a little bit of a problem." She noticed Chaerin's expression change,  her brows creased and her full attention was on Lisa.

Lisa gulped nervously. "You see, my mate is a... human" Lisa dropped her gaze to her hand on her lap, waiting for the head council's reply.

There was a silence for a few minutes until finally Chaerin speak up.  " Well, that was... Unexpected."

 

Lisa looked up, surprised by the reaction.

"I never expected that a vampire to have a human mate but then again, there are few vampires who was mated with other kinds. Yours was a bit... let just say...new."Chaerin said.

When Chaerin saw Lisa's expression, she smile a little.

"Why, Lisa... you look so surprised?"

Lisa shook her head. "No, my lady. I only didn't expect your... um... reaction."

"You thought that I would get mad and forbid to be mated with your mate."

When Lisa nodded Chaerin chuckled. "Don't be silly, Lisa. I would never do that. You know how important our mates are."

"I just thought that..." Lisa trailed off and shrugged.

Sighing, Chaerin said." Lisa if this all about your past lover then don't stress yourself. And besides, she's not really a human, right?"

Lisa blinked a few times in confusion. Not a human? What does she mean about it?

"What's her name  again...Au---"

" Chaerin, Let's quit talking about Lisa's past lover and besides, she doesn't have a memory of her."Dara glared at Chaerin.

Chaerin raised her brows  to Dara. "I forgot. I erased your memory." Smirking, Chaerin asked. "Lisa, What is your mate's name?"

Lisa cleared nervously. "Jennie."

"Jennie?" Chaerin said, amused. " A woman?...  really unexpected" Chaerin shrugged." Well, your were not into men anyway." Then Chaerin grinned. "How was it... doing it with a girl?"

"Um...I..um...It's...gre..great." Lisa stammered. "Sorry."

Then the room was filled with laughter.

After a few moments later, Lisa bid her goodbye to the Queen, The Head Council and to her father.

Sighing, Chaerin said. "Then, what is the other thing that you wanted to talk about?"

"It's about Jennie." Abbe said.

"Lisa's mate? What about her?" Chaerin asked, inquisitively.

"Jaejoong is after her and suspected that it's because she look exactly like Aurie."

"What are you trying to say?"

"We're still not yet sure if Jennie is related to Aurie  but one thing that I'm sure of. He must never have her. For our own good and for the society." Abbe said.

"And what does it have to with me as Head Council?" Chaerin asked.

 "To render you a heads up. Jiyong is already aware of this.  I want my trusted subjects and friends to know it first." Dara said to her.

"Are you planning something?"  Chaerin asked, narrowing her eyes suspiciously to Dara.

"No. Not yet." Dara shook her head. "I want to know everything first."

"To whom?" Chaerin asked her.

"To Jisoo." 

"Your daughter?" Chaerin said, surprised. "She's back?"

"Yes, and I wanted to speak to her as soon as possible. Can you do that, Abbe?" Dara turned to Abbe with expectancy.

"I'll ask her, Your Majesty." Abbe reassured her.

Dara nodded once."Good, I expect you to do that."

"Regarding with the other council member, it's best that we should just hide to them." Dara added.

"Why? Is there a problem?." Abbe said.

"Yes, I'm surmising that there is a snake inside my territory.  I have no concrete evidence right at present. So I'm not going to tell who it is. For now," Dara exhaled. "Let's keep this as a secret."

"Do I know this snake?" Chaerin asked, curiously.

"Yes, You definitely know this person."

A knocked from the door caught their attention. Dara called out the guard to come in.

 

"Sorry for the interruption, Your Majesty. But the Chief of Lycanthry is here. He wanted to speak to you."

 

-----xoxoxo-----

 

"So, are there any vampires here in the campus other than you, of course." Jennie asked, taking sip of her lemon balm tea.

They are sitting in the  bleachers at the soccers field. And Jennie was sitting between Jisoo and Mino with Bam sitting behind Jennie.

"Hm, I'm not sure. What do you think, Mino?" Jisoo turned to Mino.

"Well, as far as know, Dr. Bom and the school president."  Mino said, not even taking his eyes off the field as he watch the players on their practice game.

"Dr. Bom and the school president! No Way!" Jennie exclaimed.

Mino nodded." Dr. Bom is one of the grand master wife, Seunghyun. There's a few vampire who attending the school too."

"Do you know them?"  Jennie asked.

Taking a quick glanced to Jennie before his eyes was on the field again. " Yes, mostly Night Crawler's squad members."

"Now that you mention it. What's Night Crawler?" Jennie asked, blinking her curious eyes to Mino.

Turning his gaze  to Jennie, Mino said.  "NC is like a police force in human's word but our is more like to hunt down rogue vampire, gaurd the society of vampire and such and such."

"In short, they're only concern is vampire." Jisoo added.

"Not true. We also care about human too." Mino corrected.

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say."

" Tell me more everything about you guys." Jennie said.

" Then, ask us anything you want." Mino said, jerking when one of the players kicked the ball and hit one of his teammates face.

Jisoo laughed witnessing the scene. " Ouch!" 

"Do that again!" Bam yelled, laughing.

Excitedly, Jennie asked her first question clearly she was more interested in asking them than the game.

"Are you guys afraid of crucifix?"

Bam and Mino  snorted.

 "No." Mino said.

"Holy water?" Jennie asked her second question  and sips her tea.

Mino laughed and shook his head.  "No. Look, all those rumors are untrue. We're not afraid of the crucifix, holy water, garlic and whatever rumors you human believe about us vampires, Although..."

He gazed jumped back to Jennie and back to the field again. " I detest the smell of garlic."

"Who doesn't?...it's smell like ." Bam agreed.

"How about wooden stick and  sunlight?" Jennie asked again.

"Well,"  Mino shrugged."wooden stick, works on us specially to noble and pureblood and sunlights... only noble and pureblood can tolerate sun. Made-vampire can't."

"Pureblood, noble, made? Are those some sort of class status?"

"Yes, it is." Jisoo confirmed it.

" When you're a pureblood, that only means people around will treat you like a royalty and you have all the respect you wanted." Mino said, not taking of his eyes to the field. And he beams when one player missed the goal.

"Nobles, are those vampires who's belong to the highest social classes. Those who are rich and powerful but not powerful enough as Purebloods." Bam added, nodded once sati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter