RESPONSIBILITY

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31

RESPONSIBILITY

-----xoxoxo-----

 

Still in 1929... 

It's been two days since Lisa has seen Jennie. She went back to place where met her first, but she hasn't got any luck of finding Jennie. Lisa thought that Jennie must be avoiding her. Well, she can't blame her though, she scared her away! Anyone would have same reaction, if a vampire would suddenly tell you that you're her fated mate.  Not to mention, a complete stranger.

"I mean any human would have that sort of reaction. We're vampire, a bloodsucking monster."  Lisa muttered.

Well, except maybe me. She doesn't mind that I'm a vampire at all. Lisa just thought.

Maybe because Jennie got used to her presence that's why she's not scared of her anymore.

As if the day hasn't been ty already, Lisa spends her day looking for any clue of Jennie's whereabouts. She knew how difficult is it to find her, she thought to ask Aurie but then again Aurie has no idea that Lisa already knows her true identity. She thought of giving up, but if she does that, then she will never see her again and that is the last thing that Lisa wanted to happen.

Lisa sighed as she entered the coven. One of the NC warriors came to her house announcing an urgent summon, requesting her presence in the coven. Why did the council summon her? As far as she recalled, she hasn't done any trouble recently or was this is another scheme of her father. Her father has been trying to make her join the force, only Lisa has no interest in joining in. Serving the Queen is a great honor to every vampire and dream to every man, but that was for them not hers, Lisa like her freedom, she doesn't want to be wrapped up with responsibility because that's not her thing. The only responsibility she accepted was her family and Jennie, if she was really her fated mate.

 As she walked on the hallway of the coven Lisa  walked pass by with two NC warrior, she could tell by the uniform they're wearing, the other guy was engrossed while listening to him telling him about, of what Lisa presumed, his day. Probably, bragging about it since this is what they always do when they are off duty.

"I swear she suddenly disappeared!" said the guy, who enthusiastically told the other NC.

"How did she just disappear? Lisa heard the other guy asking.

"We have no idea. We already reported it to Lord Jiyong." He answered.
 

"Where did you see her again?" the other guy asked him once more.

"In the forest." He replied.

Forest? Is it possible that they are talking about Jennie? Lisa thought.

Lisa can't help but be intrigued, so she pivoted and went to them.

"Pardon me," Lisa said, the two of them turned their eyes to Lisa she stand there before them.

"Um, I'm sorry, but I can't help but to listen to your conversation." Lisa started." That lady you're talking about, where did you saw her?" Lisa asked.

"The northeast side of the forest." The guy replied.

Northeast? That's where the lake is located. Could it be Jennie?

"Why? You recognize her?" The guy asked again and looked at Lisa suspicious eyes.

Lisa shook her head slightly. "No, I don't."

"Wait." said the other guy as he joins in. "You're not a staff or a NC. What are you doing here?"

 Seeing Lisa was not in uniform, they must have suspected her as an outsider.

Lisa just blinked. "I'm here because I received a summons, requesting my presence to the council."

"Do you have the letter?" he demanded.

Oh, the letter. Now, where did she have left it?

"I'm sorry, but I don't have it with me." Lisa stated.

"Perhaps your pass, then?" the same guy asked again.

"I don't have it either." Lisa muttered.

"Then, how did you get in here? The outsider is not allowed in here." He stated.

"Who let you in?" the other guy finally spoke once more.

Lisa scoffed at that. "The guards. Who else do you think who let me in?"

There's growled, coming from them as they stepped towards Lisa.

 Oh ! Wrong answer, Lisa.

Lisa stepped back, sensing the mood has shifted. Lisa saw one of them lifted his hand and   signal someone to come over.

She's in trouble once again and it's very bad to make angry the NC because pretty much of them are unforgiving and egoistic pricked.

"Look, I know what you're thinking, but I really have to go. I'm late.. Hey!" Lisa said, trying to convince them, but before she could move there was a hand on her shoulder.

"Get your hands off me!" Lisa split out when she saw two others NC on either side of her.

The two NC pushed her down on her knee.

"The manacle, faster!" one of them said, as the other two immobilized Lisa.

"This is a big misunderstanding. I'm not trespassing." Lisa tried to explain, but it's no use she felt the manacle tighten from behind her back and around her wrist until she couldn't move.

"You're clearly trespassing. You don't have any pass or the summoned letter." One of them said. "So, we need to hold you up until we confirmed who summoned you here?"

"Who was it?" He asked Lisa.

Apparently, the letter wasn't signed by anyone. She recognized the symbols that were used to seal the letter. It was the royal seal.

"I don't know." Lisa whispered

"Louder!" one of guy ordered.

"I don't know!" Lisa shouted.

"I knew it! She's trespassing." One of them hissed.

"We can tell until we confirm." the same guy said. "Whats your name?"

How long are they planning to hold her in kneeling position? Her knees were starting to ache.

"Lisa." Lisa said, through gritted teeth. "Lisa Manoban."

They exchange looked at each for few second their eyes turned to Lisa.

"Monoban?" he asked. "How are you related to Lord Abbe?"

But before Lisa answer him, a voice boom across the room.

"What do you think you're doing?"

They turned and saw Abbe scowling as striding towards them.

"Let her go!" Abbe ordered them.

"But my lord, this woman tried to trespassed in here." one of them protested.

"No. She did not. I summoned her here" Abbe said, meeting Lisa's glared.

They nodded and do what Abbe said after that they bowed and leave Abbe and Lisa alone.

"So, you're the one who summoned me." Lisa said, rubbing her wrist as she stands up. "Why write a letter, when you can just tell me yourself."

"Because I know you're just going to ignore it." Abbe said, in a matter of fact. "And I told specifically to go straight to the council chamber. If you followed my instructions this wouldn't happen."

"If you only give a pass, this wouldn't happen. Lisa countered.

"I give the letter that was your pass. Which a presumed you left it behind." Abbe said, raising his eyebrow.

Lisa's mouth formed a tiny "oh" and she looked away from her father.  "Why did you summon me here?"

"Come with me. Someone's wanted to see you." Abbe said, turning on his heel.

Lisa sighed. "Do I even have a choice?" Lisa murmured as she passed behind her father.

They headed up to the stairs and down to a hallway. This is not the first time Lisa has been in the coven but it never failed her to be amuse by how magnificent the coven interior. It screams elegance, royalty and power. The words that only can describe the Queen; she can't believe the Jisoo and Chaeyoung lives in the coven. How nice it is to live in a place like the coven but then again this place is heavily guarded, because this is not only serves as the Queen's home but also the NC's headquarter. It has training area where the aspiring NC was trained, the council chamber, offices, rooms, a ballroom where the annual grand royal ball always held and of course the judgment chamber and dungeons.

They made a one last turned to a hallway. Lisa has been quiet the whole tripped to the council chamber, though her eyes were alert and taking in the surroundings.

Seungri and Seunghyun, the two grand masters of NC and the queen's personal guards was waiting at the entrance. Abbe and Lisa give them a quick courtesy as they approached them.

"The Queen is waiting inside." Seungyun said. They stepped aside and let Lisa and Abbe proceeded to the chamber. When they reached the large double doors of the Council chambers, they were closed.

Abbe moved in front of the doorway, but before he could turn the latch, Lisa interrupted him

"I thought it was you who summoned me?" Lisa asked.

"I was," Abbe admitted, and then he added. "But the person who wanted to see you is the Queen."

Lisa looked at her father with confusions. "Why did she summon me?"

"We're about to find out." Abbe said and pushed the doors open. Dara and Chaerin was seating and gazing from behind their table with Dara at the center and Chaerin seated on her right side.

"Lady Chaerin, Your Highness." Abbe greeted and they give her courtesy to both Dara and Chaerin.

Dara stepped aside, and gesturing Lisa forward.

"I'm glad you're here, Lisa. I thought you never come."

"My apologies, your highness." Lisa bowed again. “I got caught up in a situation, that's why I'm late." Lisa explained.

“Are you in trouble, Lisa?"Dara asked.

"It's not a big deal, your highness" Abbe said, interrupting Lisa. "Just a small misunderstanding between the NCs but I already took care of it." Abbe added, reassuring Dara.

Dara nodded slightly. "Then, let's proceed." Then, Dara looked at Abbe. "You may go now, Abbe."

 Lisa turned back, and watched as her father left the room. Lisa suddenly felt the urge to follow her father, she doesn't want to be alone with these two, especially Chaerin she freaks Lisa out. Every time she saw Chaerin she always wanted to run and hide. Dara should be the scary one since the Queen, but her appearance is nothing like but kindness. Maybe because she hasn't seen Dara got angry before.

Lisa turned her attention back to Dara and swallowed.

"Have you ever heard about the Bloodlass, Lisa?" Dara asked her.

Bloodlass. Oh, yes, she does. Her mother has mentioned it to her.

"Yes, your highness." Lisa replied.

"Then, I presume that you already heard about how the witches are no longer exist in this world."

Lisa nodded yes. "Yes. My mother had mentioned it to me."

Dara drew a deep breath, a signed that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter