REASONS

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 38

REASONS

-----xoxoxo-----

 

"Lisa, can you accompany Aurie back to her room."  After an hour of debate, argument and discussion

Dara finally let Lisa and Jennie go.

Lisa bowed to her and gestured Jennie to walked first which she complied, Lisa made the last bowed to Dara and to the council before she closed the door.

"Let's go." Lisa said, dryly and walked without even bothering if Jennie followed her.

"Lisa," Jennie called out as she tried to match her steps but Lisa as expected ignored her.

"Lisa, wait." Jennie tried again but still Lisa ignored her again.

"Lisa!" Jennie yelled behind her. Jennie caught her up and grabbed her arm to whirl Lisa and face her but Lisa resisted and keeps walking.

"Lisa, will you please stop."

Lisa ce, Jennie stepped in front of her but Lisa look past to her, through her, as if she not even there.

"Are you mad at me?" Jennie asked, desperately.

Lisa clicked her tongue, like she was annoyed. "No. I just need to leave here. I need to think."

"You're mad at me." The sadness in Jennie's voice hit Lisa hard. She doesn't want to get mad at her but she can't control her emotion right now.

"Why? Why you didn't tell me?"  Lisa asked her.

"I can't." Jennie looked away.

"Oh really?  Is that all you've got. I want an explanation, Jennie." Lisa demanded.

"It's because I'm scared, okay." Jennie confessed as she looked into her eyes.

Lisa tensed up. Her gazed focus intently to her.  "Of me?"

Jennie nodded miserably.

"I got it." Lisa in her breath. She understands her.

"You've just met me but Jennie you that I would never hurt you. Was it too much for you to trust me even for a little?"

Jennie shook her head. "No. I trust you, Lisa. In fact, you’re the only person I trusted ever since...ever since that incident."

"But why?" Lisa asked. She's still doesn't understand why would Jennie hide something this important.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hide it from you. I should have told you but I was afraid that you would be angry at me...” Jennie trilled off and looked down at her hands, fidgeting with her fingers. “I didn’t want to lose you."

Lisa looked at Jennie. Stun. Why would she get angry with her? She was felt betrayed but angry that would never going to happen.

"Jennie," Lisa took her hands. "That’s not going to happen.. I would never go anywhere without you no matter what happen. You need to get that,”

Jennie glanced up at Lisa, hope stirring in her eyes.

"I will never leave you. I stay right next to you forever. I promise." Lisa vowed. "And if this fate will tore us apart. I will bind heaven and earth for you and be with you again over and over again. You got that?"

"Okay," Jennie whispered.

"Come here." Lisa pulled Jennie into her arms. Jennie didn't hesitate and wrapped her arms around Lisa, letting Lisa held her close.

Who would have thought that the person who were bound to kill her would be the person who she felt safe around her arms. Jennie could only hope everything will work out between her and Lisa.

"Do you think everything's going to be fine?" Jennie whispered to Lisa. "I mean you and I---"

"Everything's going to be fine." Lisa cut her off. "I'll make sure of it." Lisa promised, took her hand and kisses her palm.

"I hope so." Jennie only wishes.

Lisa stared at Jennie, eye locked on Jennie, her face, and then her lips. Her thoughts raced. She remembered the first time she saw her at the lake and how she tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter