SHATTERING

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8

 SHATTERING 

-----XOXO-----

 

 

"Don't scream." Jennie hear in her ear. "I'm not going to harm you, I'm Lisa's friend. Mino." Jennie finally relax, in she's relief. Mino's hand slow lift from her lip, he releases Jennie from his hold. "Stay in the walls and Don't make any noise, understand." Jennie nodded and followed what he said. She didn't dare to make any noise afraid she might reveal them both. Jennie watch Mino  reached into his jacket and put a tiny device into his right ear.

"Code red. I repeat code red." Mino said in a low voice. "Sabertooth, spotted. Yg campus. Need back up. Asap."

"How many are they? " Jiyong voice came through his ear as he speaks.

"Don't know. I just spotted two so far, sir."

" Okay, I send the back up immediately."

"And sir, I'm with a human girl. And I guess they were after her."

" Take her out of there immediately, Mino."

"Yes sir, and sir one more thing."

"What is it Mino?"

"I need to say something to Lisa."

" Go ahead."

"Lisa, if you're listening right now. Jennie is with me, so get your here faster."

"What's going on?" Jennie finally whispered when she sure that no one going to hear them." Why is that man following me?"

 "Sabertooth." Mino hissed.

Sabertooth? What are they a gang, mafia?

"We don't have time for this."Mino stripped off  his jacket and handed it over to Jennie, which she took and wear it.

"Thanks." Jennie saw that Mino were armed catching the glimpsed of his shoulder harnesses and gun. He pulled out his gun.

" We need to go." Weaving through the building, Jennie followed Mino as he took the lead. She can't tell if she's stealthy and silent because all she could hear is the loud pounding of her heart.

They made it  through the hallway. Behind the science labs. It was quiet since no one is using one of the rooms. This hall will also lead them to the other  entrance  and exit door of the building. Before rounding at the corner, when Mino heard some footsteps. Thanks to his vampire sense he easily could tell that somebody was on the other side. Mino pushed Jennie back to the wall, as he glanced over the wall the found two sabertooth armed with guns. Same guns that he is using.

 How come they have a gun same as him?

Those guns was exclusively designed by Lord Daesung to kill a vampire and only Nightcrawler is using it. Unless.... Someone is betraying them.

Mino ducked  backwards out of sight when one of the Sabertooth looked up where they were.

"! This is not good." Mino hissed.

"Wha...what is it?" Jennie stammered. 

"We need to go to the other way."

"But the exit is that way."

"We can't go there." and we can't go back. I'm sure that the Sabertooth that was after Jennie, was still there. The only option that we have is the other way, but in order to that...

"Jennie, listen very carefully. I want you to go that way." Mino said, pointing the other side of the hallway which leads her to the auditorium.

"But...but..."

"That's the only option we have and we can't move back. The Sabertooth that was after you is probably still there. So I want you to go as fast as you could and hide. I'll promise I'll find you, got it? "

Jennie swallowed hard with fear creeping all over her body. She lay her best brave face and nodded.

"On the count of three."  Mino  said.
Jennie nodded and took a deep breath.

"One... Two... Now!"  Mino said.

Jennie bolted in the hall and ran as fast as she could. Never glancing back.

"There she is!" One of the Sabertooth called out and he point the gun directly to Jennie and shot her. Jennie screamed and covered her ears, one of the lights exploded but she didn't stop on running.

"Are you an idiot! Lord Jaejoong said, we need to capture her unharmed if he founds out that you shot her you'll be dead as ." The other Sabertooth said, who took hold of his wrist and pointed the gun to the ceiling. 

The two Sabertooth continued arguing, so Mino took this as an opportunity to assault them. With his vampire speed, he moves rapidly down to the hallway. One of the Sabertooth noticed him with wide eyes and quick hand.

"!" the Sabertooth shouted just as Mino's bullet zip through the air and put the bullet into the man's mind. Mino dodges the bullet of the other Sabertooth, then he cut through the distance between them.  Both Mino and the sabertooth pointed their gun at the same time.

"You're fast." The Sabertooth commented.

Mino smirked. "Let me guess, you're not just an ordinary soldier from the sabertooth."

" Onew, Nice to meet you." 

"Enough talking. Let's fight." Mino barked. Both of them fire their guns and dodge every single bullet from their opponent until their ammo had run-out.

"Well." Onew breath out. "Looks like we are out of ammo." 

Mino breath out. "Hand in hand?"

"Certainly. I won't go easy on you though."

Mino laughed. " Oh please, be my guest."

 

-----xoxo-----

 

Meanwhile...

Lisa stood in the middle of her father's office and checked her watch.  Late.  She's running late.

Jennie's  class is almost over  and here she is,  standing in her father's  office.  She truly doesn't  understand  why her father needs to talk to her, here in his office  when they could take this thing at home and it's  late, really who still work at past seven. Oh yeah, her father.

" Would that be all?" Lisa asked.

"Yes,  I'll  tell you the details later at home. I know you're  in a rush. "

Lisa lifted her brow. " How did you know?"

Abbe sighed.  "You've  been fidgeting your hand since you arrived here."

Lisa just smiled.  " I am actually. "

"Where are you  going anyway? Don't  you have a mission order tonight ?"

"I'll  catch up with them later. I need to take Jennie home first. "

"Jennie?  The human you brought home? I thought  you don't  have a relationship with her? "

Relationship?  Lisa never really  thought about it.  Would that be means Jennie is her girl? She's really doesn't  have a girl before but Jennie is more that.  She's her mate. Speaking of mate. Lisa thinks that this is the proper time to tell her father about Jennie.

Lisa cleared nervously.  'Father,  I need to tell you something. "

Abbe tilt his head. " What is it? "

Lisa hesitated then. May be this a bad idea after all but...

"Lisa? "

The word came out of before she even could stop it.  "I found my mate. "

Abbe smiled widely.  "That's  great. Who is that lucky guy? "

"It's  Jennie,  father."

Abbe smile turned into a frown. "Jennie? Your human friend?"

Lisa nodded, there was a bit  of silence and she closed her eyes, bracing herself for her father's booming angry voice.

"Well,  that was sort of unexpected." Abbe commented.

Lisa's  eyes snapped open, her eyes went wide unable to believe to her father's  response.

"You're  not mad? "

"No. I'm  not. If she's  your mate,  and so there's  nothing I can't  do about it but to accept  her. Even if she's  a human."

" Really? " Lisa smiled.  "How about the council? "

"Well," Abbe leaned into his chair and crossed his arms across  his chest. "That's  another story. But like I said,  there's nothing we can about it. We simply can't  stop fate,  Lisa. Even if we're against to this kind of arrangement, we need to accept it. "

"What if the council take Jennie away from me?"

" Then I won't  let them take her away from you.  Jennie will soon to be part  of this family that means she's  under my protection  now. "

"Father,  thank so much. You don't  how much this truly means  to me. I'm ---"

Just then Mino's voice cut through Lisa's  ear. "Code red. I repeat code red. Sabertooth, spotted. Yg campus. Need back up. Asap."

"How many are they? " Jiyong voice came through Lisa's ear.

Lisa stayed quiet and listened to Mino and Jiyong conversation.

"Don't know. I just spotted two so far, sir."

" Okay, I send the back up immediately."

"And sir, I'm with a human girl. And I guess they were after her."

human girl?  They're at it again.  Kidnapping and killing innocent young girls. But why YGU?  Oh Jennie!  Jennie still in the campus !

" Take her out of there immediately, Mino."

"Father, " Lisa called out. " I need to go,  sabertooth is at the yg campus right now and Jennie --- "

"I need to say something to Lisa." that cought Lisa's attention.

"Go ahead."

"Lisa, if you're listening right now. Jennie is with me, ----"Lisa  was already breaking out into a run before Mino could even finish his words.

 

-----xoxo-----

 

Jennie run until she reached to the auditorium double door.  It's a total dead end. She has no choice  but go inside, she could use backstage fire exit to escape. Jennie  try the to turned the knob and it gave way.  She stepped inside, it's a bit dark and quiet, obviously  since no one came at this hour.

Jennie has really no idea why are they after her. It's  doesn't matter.  All she knew is she need to get out of this chaos.  And then she use the moonlight that shine from the windows as her lights to walk freely.

She reach out her phone to her pocket and twenty six missed called,  three from Momo, four from Nayeon, six from Jisoo and thirteen missed calls from Lisa.

 Lisa!  How could she forget about her?

 She must worried and sick about me.  She was about to call Lisa but she heard some rasping behind the auditorium door.  Jennie gasped and hurriedly ducked down from one of the auditorium chairs, then she heard the door opened with a loud thud and heavy footsteps stepped inside the room. Maybe it's  Mino.

"Jennie, I know you're here " no it's not  him. It's  a different voice, and so what happened to Mino?

"Hey,  Jin are you sure she's  here? " Another voice. There's two of them now?

"Yeah,  Jin maybe she ran upstairs." Oh.  Three of them, actually.  Oh my god.  This is really bad.

"Shut up!  I know she's  here." Jin shouted

"How can you tell it.  It's completely empty.

"Shut up,  Zico!  I know what I'm  doing!" Jin shouted again. "Now then. Jennie... Come out, come out where ever you are. " Jin singsong with a laughed. 

" We're  not going to hurt. Kitten. " Zico giggled.

Her heart started banging in her chest, she covered with both of her shaky hands to prevent  from making noises.  Just please go away...

"! " she heard one man curse and the next thing she knew the man went fying to the air and landing with a resounding thud, crasing hard into the wooden stage. 

What's  going on? Jennie thought.  Jennie raised up slowly and peeked behind the chairs. 

Three figures, standing. One has small frame and the other two has a bigger body frame. 

"Who are you? " Jin asked, furiously.

" Where is she? " She recognized that voice. It's  Lisa! But something different about her, this was not the Lisa she knew.  This Lisa is furious, scary and dangerous.

" Where is she!" Lisa shouted.  Jin and the other sabertooth,  Zico stepped back.

"Jennie,  if you're  here no matter  what happen don't  come out. " Lisa called out.
 

With a lighting speed, Lisa flashed in front  of Jin and punched him to his jaw. Blood pours from his mouths and before Jin can even recover Lisa slam her fist to his stomach and he goes down on his knees, groaning. 

Lisa spin left and duck just before Zico's fist could hit her.  Zico throw a cross and Lisa ducked it and throw a front kick into his chest, he stumble. Then Lisa followed it with a round kick, he goes on his knees and took this an opportunity to knee his jaw so hard his head flip back and it produce a cracking sound. Zico body went limb and he fell forward on to the floor.

Lisa glanced over the stage and the guy she throw was back on his feet again, he was grin like a psychopath and Lisa is ready to fight but the man has another plan, he drew a gun from his back and shot Lisa.

Lisa dodge it and threw herself to the man and they both landed on the wooden stage. Lisa roll over him and she punch him hard, knocking his head to the side. Then Lisa grabbed him by the throat, throttling him, rather than fighting  the man fought for air instead. Lisa eyes turned dark red, she was ragging with violence  right now and she's  aware of it.  She can't  stop herself,  this guys was trying  to harm Jennie.

The guy grasped Lisa wrist, trying  to remove her hand away from his throat and strangle.

 Someone move from the corner of her eyes, Jin standing over them and he swept a dagger out across Lisa, she dodge but it was to late. Jin's dagger cut across Lisa upper chest and between her neck and shoulder.

Lisa raises

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter