HOPE NOT

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 32

HOPE NOT

-----xoxoxoxo-----

 

Still in 1929... 

Jennie was inside in her room reading the  book of spells  that was given by her mother when she  heard Miyeon calling her name in urgency.  Curious of what was wrong with Miyeon, Jennie went out of her room and meet Miyeon who to like chasing her breath as sprint towards Jennie.

Jennie eyebrow furrowed. "What's wrong? Why are you looking so pale like you've seen a ghost?" Jennie asked, her tone is full of worry but lace with curiosity as well.

"I am, my lady." Miyeon said. "There's someone's outside."

Jennie furrowed eyebrows relaxed as her expression transformed from worried to bored as breathe out. "Whoever would that be, let them go by. They won't detect the house since Lord Jaejoong put a barrier surround it."

After he found out that Jennie went to the city without his permission he got mad and put a barrier around the house to stop Jennie from escaping again.

Jennie was about to turn back to her room, but Miyeon's next word stopped her.

"But that's the problem, my lady. She was attempting to break the barrier!" Miyeon said.

"Impossible!" Jennie pick up her dress and walked fast towards her doorsteps. 

When she gets there, Jennie's hand fly to as she tried to catch the gasped from escaping.

"Lisa?" She whispered.

"You know her, my lady." Miyeon asked her.

Jennie nodded as she watched Lisa punching the barrier, trying to break it.

"My lady, do not go outside, it's dangerous." Miyeon tried to warn her, but Jennie ignored it and continue walking down towards Lisa.

Jennie was in front of Lisa, and watched Lisa frustrations crawling upon her, she almost wanted to break the spell and let Lisa in. As much as she desired to deny it, she missed her. For those two long days had gone by, Lisa has been only in Jennie's mind. Those two days felt like years since Jennie have seen her, and Jennie still got struck off of how beautiful she was. Jennie never thought that she would find herself to be drawn in to a girl, not to mention a vampire.

And Lisa was still wearing men's clothing just like the last time she saw her. "She quite fond with those sort of clothes, huh." Jennie murmured.

Then, her eyes ran circles into Lisa's strained face as punch harder the barrier, then Jennie's eyes shifted down to her hand and gasped when she saw Lisa's blooded knuckle.

"You need to stop Lisa your hurting yourself." Jennie murmured, as she walked slowly towards Lisa's.

Lifting her hand, Jennie laid on the barrier in front of Lisa. "I'm sorry Lisa," Jennie croaked. "But I can't let you in."

Abruptly, Lisa glanced up at her, as if she heard Jennie.

Except no, she was just staring through her. Jennie turned around to find out where Lisa eyes focused and just behind her was Miyeon standing not far from her.

Can she see, Miyeon? Jennie thought.

Lisa shook her head and back on punching the barrier again.

"Lisa?"

Jennie looked over Lisa's shoulder the same time Lisa turned back too. Jennie's eyes widened, the blood drained out of Jennie's face as she saw the owner of the voice.

"Oh my god, Aurie." Jennie noted the shock on Aurie's face. Aurie has no idea that Lisa already knows her secret, her true identity.

Aurie stepped cautiously towards Lisa, and Jennie heard a hint of panic in her tone.

"What you doing here?"  Aurie said as her eyes moved from Lisa to barrier. 

Frowning, Lisa finally looked at her way. "And what are you also doing here?" Lisa asked back.

"I asked you first." Aurie countered back.

Lisa scoffed. "I came here to do my usual stroll when I happen to stumble with this." Lisa taps her blooded knuckle to the barrier. "What about you? I don't think that you accidentally stumble with me." Lisa crosses her arms over her chest.

Aurie opened to say something, but Lisa beat her. "Where is she? She is in here, behind this barrier?"

Jennie watched as Aurie's brows furrowed into confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about your cousin."Lisa stated and then she added." Jennie."

Aurie gasped and stepped back." I don't know what you're talking about."

Lisa smirked." You clearly know what I'm talking about. Is she here?"

Lisa turned and punched the barrier again, this time ripples appeared and Lisa smiled. She finally able to injured the barrier and before there will complete regathering, Lisa went for another punch and...

Lisa suddenly felt her body lifted and the next thing she knew she was hauled back and her body flips in the air, thanks to her fast reflex and vampire power, Lisa was able to landed on her feet.

"I know there's something that doesn't seem so right about you from the moment I met you." Lisa said as she stood up from her feet. "Everyone suddenly seems to fell in love with you and I don't think a mere mortal can do that."

Aurie stepped back as Lisa started to stalk towards her. She could run, but with Lisa speed she will catch her, she could fight her, but her ability is not that great unlike Jaejoong. Aurie only knew tricks, but casting offensive spell was not her forte.

"How did you know about Jennie?"Aurie asked.

Lisa shrugged. "I met her... and I know that you're using Jennie identity to hide yours."

"What exactly are you?" Lisa asked bluntly as she comes closer to Aurie.

"None of your business." Aurie fired back. "You need to stay away from Jennie."

"And you should stop using Jennie's identity." Lisa eyes drew a dagger as looked at Aurie.

"I got Jennie's permission and why do you care? You don't even know her." Aurie said.

"I care because I don't like you using her identity. You're not just putting her in danger, but also bringing shame to her image." Lisa snarled at her. "So, stop around using Jennie's face. Use your ugly face instead!"

"What did you just said? "  Aurie's eyes were fearsome, narrowed and very deadly. Aurie raises her hand and was about to cast a spell, but Lisa was faster than her.

"You know that won't work again on me." Lisa said and the next thing Aurie knew, Lisa's hand shot hers, finger locking tight both of her wrist and Lisa slammed her against the barrier as she pinned her.

"What are you?" Lisa asked again. Lisa tightened her grip and Aurie whimpered in pain. Lisa tone becoming deadly as a blade. "I swear it, if you don't tell me right now, I will kill you... Slowly."

But it didn't stop Aurie from snarling back at Lisa. "And if you do that, the queen will end you."

Lisa eyes furrowed. "And why is that. You're not even from our kind, nor an acquaintance of the queen. You're nobody to her."

Aurie smirked. "Perhaps you are the nobody."

"Shut the up and tell me what you are. And I warn you, if you lie to me. I will end you right here, right now." Lisa hissed, bearing her fangs to Aurie.

A threat that Aurie knew she would see through. Aurie knew that Lisa was serious about killing her if she doesn't tell her the truth.She has no choice but revealed herself. 

"I'm a witch."

Lisa eyes widened as shock rush through her. "No. That can't be true. Then you must be..."

"You're curious about how did I get those guys fall at me, simple, a put some spell on them." Aurie said, in a matter of fact.

"Then Jennie..." Lisa trailed off.  Is a witch too?

"No, she's not." Aurie said, quickly. "She doesn't possess any power. She's only a distant cousin of mine." Aurie lied. She forgot about Jennie, Lisa must not know that Jennie was a witch too.

"And this barrier?" Lisa asked.

"I'm the one who cast it." Aurie lied again,  "I did it to protect the house and Jennie from people like you."

"Are you sure that she not one of you?" Lisa asked, almost beg to Aurie.

"Yes, she not one of us. Since she's a half witch and because of that Jennie cannot wield any magic, her human blood overpowered her witch blood."

Lisa breath out in relief.

"You are that relief that she's not one of us, huh." Aurie said in amused. "Now that you know the truth. Let me go."

"No." Lisa said, gripping harder against her wrist.

"You're hurting me."

"I don't care. I want you to break the barrier first, I want to see Jennie.."

"No." Aurie hissed. "I won't let you see her again. I know what you did to her and I will not let you make her one of your toy."

"Toy?" Lisa laughed. "What the are you talking about."

"You told her that she's your fated mate. Do you think that's funny?" Aurie said. "Because to me, it's not. Quit toying with Jennie, Lisa." Aurie said. When Jennie told her about her being Lisa's fated mate, it made Aurie almost died. Aurie thought that Lisa said it to manipulate Jennie.

"I'm not  toying with Jennie and I wasn't lying when  I told her she was my fated mate." Lisa stated, frowning. " If you only knew how I wanted to see her once more. I've been looking for her everywhere and I wanted to know if Jennie was okay." Lisa eyes softened, "So, please break the barrier. I begged you."

That makes Aurie caught off guard because Lisa is begging at her.

But...

" Even so,  I stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter