It's Over

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 21

It's Over

-----@@@-----

 

 

"I can't believe we failed."  Xiumin grumbled.

"At least we got this one," Baekhyun said, pointing at the struggling Lonewolf beneath him.

"He won't transform, right?" Xiumin asked him.

Baekhyun shook his head. "No. I sedated him, he'll remain in his human form and won't be able to transform until the sedate will wear off."

"And how long will it last? " Mino asked him, eyeing the Lonewolf.

"Four hours." Baekhyun said, then he turned to Suho.  "How was it?"

Suho let out her breath. "Not good. Chen said it wasn't Kris, but just one of the Lonewolf who killed himself before Chen could able to capture him."

"It's all right, we can interrogate this one instead." Baekhyun said.

Then Lisa came over and kneel down.

“We’re looking for a female. Where did they take her?"

The Lonewolf didn't reply, but a devilish grinned crossed to his lips.

Lisa took a hold on the Lonewolf jaw.

"If you still wanted to live,  you better answer me now."

The Lonewolf only laughed at her.

Irritated, Baekhyun grabbed the Lonewolf's hair and forced his head upward.

"You're irritating as , just answer her before I lost my patient with you."

"Then just kill me because you won't get anything from me. Do it!" The Lonewolf shouted.

Baekhyun eyes narrowed, clenching his jaws, trying to contain his temper. Then Baekhyun lunged forward, grabbing Xiumin hand and yanked it downwards to the Lonewolf. When the position is changed, Baekhyun leaped off and walked away cursing.

Lisa sighed as she stood up. "Come on, let's get him to the headquarter."

Xiumin stood up, grabbing the Lonewolf's elbow and yanking the Lonewolf up while Mino grabbed his other elbow.

"What's wrong with him?" Mino asked Xiumin.

"He's upset. This is the first time that we failed on a mission." Xiumin said to Mino.

"Well, what do you expect." Mino said shrugging. "We're up against Jaejoong,  the most notorious vampire."

"Put him in." Suho ordered them. Lisa opened the back doorway of the SUV while Xiumin and Mino assist the Lonewolf to get inside.

"I'll go with him." Baekhyun said to Suho, but as he stepped in Xiumin blocked the way.

"I don't think so. If you get in there, you'll end up killing the beast."

"You're not the boss of me."

Xiumin grabbed his arm. "Listen to me, Baekhyun. You'll ---"

Baekhyun yanked his arm, breaking away from Xiumin gripped. He heard Xiumin curse, but he didn't stop and just keep on walking towards the SUV.

"Nuh...let him go, Xiumin. I'm going with him. Nothing bad will happen as long as I am with them." Suho reassured them.

Xiumin sighed and stepped aside with a curse.

"Then, we'll go ahead of you. Xiumin, Mino and Lisa, Can you give our medical team a hand?"

They nodded and with a last glance Suho close the door and Xiumin, Mino and Lisa went ahead as the SUV took off.

"Since when do we have a medical team?" Lisa asked, as they walked towards the people wearing lab gowns. Now that Lisa finally took attention to her surroundings, she noticed there was a bunch of wounded wolves who need some medical attention indeed.

Just how bad the ambush was?

"Don't ask me. I also have no idea that we have doctors." Xiumin replied to Lisa.

"We do have medical team, but since we seldom get hurt, they most likely work on the human hospital. Have you forgotten Dr. Bom. Our school's doctor?" Mino said.

"Oh, right." Lisa said, "I rarely catch her so I forgot that she was one of us."

"Lord Seunghyun's wife is a Doctor?" Xiumin asked, surprised.

Mino shrugged. "Well, she's not technically a doctor. She was part of the research team together with Lord Daesung before she became interested in medicine." Mino explained.

"You know all of these? Wow. Did you make a research on the life of the high up?" Xiumin asked him.

Mino laughed. "No. She's my mother's friend so I know a little bit of Dr. Bom's background."

Xiumin nodded. "That's kinda cool."

Xiumin began carrying boxes of medical equipment from the service van and took it to another tent where some of the doctors and nurses are mending the wound of the Wolf Clan.

"Are you two here to help us?"

Lisa and Mino nodded to the female vampire walking towards them.

"Yes. I'm Lisa and this is Mino."

"I'm Dr. Kang Seulgi and I'm glad you here to help. Can you get those boxes here, please?"

Mino nodded and proceed to the van where the medicine where keep.

"So, why does their wound hasn't healed. I thought wolves were just like us."

"They are. Except for the wounds that cause by their own kind, so it takes time for them to heal. A cuts of a claw and bites that came from their own kind are deadly to them."

"I didn't know about that."

Seulgi nodded in understanding. "So it's better to---" she was about to continue when one of the wolves shriek and screaming behind them. The nurses struggled to restrain him as they to calm him down.

Dr. Seulgi walked quickly towards them, with Lisa at her side.

For the following half hour, Lisa went from tent to tent with the Mino, helping Seulgi examined and mend each wounded wolf.

Mino excused himself and went to where Xiumin was standing drinking something like red liquid from a bottle that look like blood, probably a synthetic blood.  Some vampire drink it,  it's a substitute if a vampire stop or hasn't found any giver yet.

"You know your friend doesn't speak much."

Lisa turned to Seulgi who was taking off her lab gown. She wasn't looking at her, though, Seulgi's eyes were on Mino, who was now talking to Xiumin. "Is he like that?"

"No. He usually talks a lot."

"Oh, really? I thought he was a quiet type because he hasn't said a single word to me. " Seulgi said, finally taking her eyes off to Mino. She turned to Lisa and her lips broke into a smile.

"My shift is up in an hour. I'm so sorry, but I need to run now. It was nice meeting you and Thank you for helping us. I hope we could meet again, someday."

"Yeah, I have hope so." Lisa said, smiling.

"Will you sent my thanks to your friend too?" Seulgi took a final glance at Mino's direction before saying goodbye to Lisa and leave together with some doctors.

Interesting. Lisa thought. "She's smitten."

"Who?" a voice said from behind her.

Lisa turned Mino.

"Whose smitten?" Mino asked again.

"No one." Lisa said, hiding her grin.

"Where is Dr. Kang?"

Mino asked and then he looked around, his eyes searching the area, looking for Seulgi.

" She left."

"Already?"

"Her shift is up in an hour, so she needs to back to the hospital."

Mino nodded and shrugged.

"By the way, Seulgi said you didn't say a single word to her."

"Seulgi? Ah, you mean Dr. Kang. " Mino said,  as they began to walk towards their car.  "I didn't want to disturb her since she was kind of busy with the wolves." Mino explained. "Did I offend her for not talking to her?"

"No. She's not. She was only curious... I think."

Mino nodded shortly. "The next time I'll see her, I'll greet her."

"Is that so?" Lisa said, as she opened to passenger door. "That's great, then."

Mino shrugged again before getting inside the car.

"I think you caught her interest." Lisa said.

"Dr. Kang?" Mino asked and snorted. "She's just curious,  just like what you said."

"She doesn't have to and Irene should better watch out."

"Irene wouldn't care even if I date someone. She has wolfboy, remember?"

"Whatever you say. Let's roll now, I'm tired."

"Yeah, me too." Mino said, and so he started the engine and took off.
 

-----@@@-----

 

Jennie woke up, precisely the same position she’d been in when she’d fallen asleep. How long has she been asleep?  Three hours?  What time is it now?

Jennie shifted her feet off the bed, push herself up and wobbles a little as she stood up and she discovered nothing but silence downstairs. Jennie walked to the window and opened the curtains,  Jennie squint her eyes as the sunlight welcome her.

"It's morning already." she muttered. "And Lisa is still not here."

She sat back to the bed and looked at the door. Anxiety settled on her ,  She wanted  Lisa to come through to the door, she wanted to see her and reassure herself she was safe and in one piece.

Jennie sighed and lies down back to the bed and rolled over onto her back and thought of her getting hurt on the mission is making her go crazy, could this be her daily routine? Nonstop worrying and a lot of sleepless nights.

The bedroom door opened wide without any warning. Jennie sat up in a rush, her heart nearly jumped out of her chest.

"It's just me." Lisa said as she came inside, she was carrying a tray. "You didn't go downstairs for breakfast so I brought your breakfast here." She put the tray of food at the top of the table and stand next to the bed.

"Lisa, your home." Jennie said,  staring up to Lisa.

"Yeah, I only got home  like thirty minutes ago. Jennie, listen. There's something that I need to tell ---"

Jennie jumped into Lisa arms. "I'm glad you're safe home."

"Yeah, me too. But we weren't able to rescue your friend."

"Why?  What happen?"  Jennie pulled away and her worried face just breaks Lisa's heart into pieces.

Then, Lisa wrapped her arm around Jennie and together they sat back to the bed.

“Tell me everything that happened,” Jennie demanded, her voice tense as she wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter