Throes

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 15

Throes

-----@@@-----

 

Lord Joon gi Mansion 1929

Grand Ball

 

Ms. Aurie Lee, stared at the man who had just barged his way into her room that Lord Joon gi lend to her. This man hold such a strong presence, the moment he walked in inside the room Aurie shivered. No wonder he's the leader of Sabertooth Clan, he's a dangerous man.

"Are you ready?" Jaejoong asked her, as he walked past behind her and made his way to the sofa.

Aurie took a deep breath. "Yes, my lord."

"You know what are you going to do?" Jaejoong asked and eased back against the cushion of the sofa.

Aurie bowed her head. "Yes, my lord."

"Very well then." Jaejoong smiled up to her. "Make sure to manage it right, failure is not an option. Understand?"

Aurie nodded. "Yes, my lord. I will not fail you." Aurie said, unequivocally looking directly to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong stared at her for a moment, trying to find any doubts in her, but when he saw nothing he stood up from the sofa and nodded with satisfaction.

"I'll see you at the ball." Jaejoong last word before he walked out of the room

A moment later, Lord Joon gi entered the room with his usual blank expression.

"It's time to go now." Lord Joon gi deep voice ranged the room.

Aurie nodded and with grace and poise she walked towards him.

This man was one of the members of the Lee family. They are one of riches and powerful family in the society. Lord Jaejoong has now a great asset in the presence of Lord Joon gi.

And exactly three days ago Lord Jaejoong ordered Lord Joon gi to organize a Grand Ball and invite everyone, especially the sole heir of Lord Abbe and Lady Priya, Lady Lisa. She was well known in the society, not because of her well doing, but because she was a troublemaker and she shamelessly announced to the public her fondness with ladies especially to those with outstanding beauty.

She will be the instrument of her revenge to the vampire who killed her parents.

This is what Lord Jaejoong told her.

 Aurie can't wait me to meet her and make fall head over heels in love with her.

That night, Lisa lazily leaned on the ballroom wall as her bored eyes wandered across the crowded ballroom. Joon gi seems like invited every single individual in society. He announces the arrival of his niece and he threw a grand ball to welcome her arrival.

"What a joke."  Lisa muttered.

"What's the matter Lisa?" Mino asked, who standing next to her.

"Nothing. I'm just... bored." Lisa stated, sighing.

Mino lets out a soft laughed. "Wow, this is the first time I heard that from your mouth. I thought bored is not in your vocabulary."

"Shut up." Lisa said, pushing Mino. “I’m just not in the mood tonight."

"If you say so." Mino said and took a sip of his wine. "She's having a good time."

Lisa turned to Mino and saw that she was looking at Chaeyoung direction. She was dancing with a young gentleman whose name she doesn't recall. That guy has been pursuing her for weeks. But still has given him and answer.

"Poor guy." Mino commented. “He’ll be the 16th guy."

"You mean 17th." Lisa corrected him.

"How about you? What happened to your last conquest?" Mino asked,

"Too demanding." Lisa took a hit. 

"No wonder you and Chaeng are friends. You like to collect hearts and broke them afterwards. "

"Hey, Chaeng is not like that."Lisa protested. "She never dated those guys who were pursuing. They're just idiots. Believing that they will be the luckiest man if they capture our Chaeng heart."

"Those idiots will never learn. Chaeng is saving her heart for her mate after all."

Lisa nodded, her gazed wandered over the crowd once more. Her gazed settled on a young girl beside Joon gi. Her arm were interlocked with him.  She caught her early talking to some of the noble guests in the room.

She studied her for a long minute before realizing what it was that had interested her. She appears completely different from the rest of the ladies at the ball. She's absolutely stunning. Her beauty outshines all the ladies in the room. Chaeng and Jisoo are beautiful. There's no doubt about it. But this girl is different. The longer she stares at her, the more she thought the more she become more beautiful. Her beauty is so enchanting. Like a Goddess. Obviously, because she's not the only one who was staring at her.  Every single young gentleman and even ladies turned their heads as soon as she walked pass by them.

"That my friend is Joon gi's niece." She heard Mino murmured beside her.

"His niece?"

"Yes, stunning isn't she."

Lisa nodded, agreeing with Mino. "What's her name?"

"Aurie." She heard Mino said.

"Aurie" Lisa whispered, just then Aurie lifted her head and turned towards her direction as if she heard her calling her name. Everything stops around her as the most unexpected moments that happened to her that night.

Lisa met her gaze and Aurie gave a smile to her.

 

 

-----@@@-----

 

Present Day

Manoban's Mansion

 

"Jaejoong." Lord Abbe growled. "How dare you come to my house uninvited? You're not welcome here anymore. What do you want?”

“I believe you know the answer to that.”

“You think that I will let you take her away?" Abbe asked coldly. "You need to kill me first before you could ever do that."

“Very well." As soon as Jaejoong said that, four more male vampires step out of the shadow.

"Five....against one.” Abbe laughed, only there's no humor behind his laugher "Did you lose your honor and becomes a coward now, Jaejoong."

Jaejoong face tightened. "I'm only being cautious. And I desire to finish this faster because I still have some prey to catch."

"Being cautious, huh. But this is ending only one way, Jaejoong. With your death."

"Not if we got you first." The vampire from Jaejoong's right snapped. Yanking the wooden stakes on his holster, he leaped up, but Abbe ducked down from his attempt attack. 

One of the vampires yanked a crossbow to his shoulder and fired. Abbe saw and he spun as several arrows shot over him. The other vampire started attacking Abbe too with the crossbow.

The two crossbow holder fired, but Abbe saw it instantly he dodged every single arrows that were fired down at him. Both arrows went wide, as Abbe became one of them.

 The first crossbow holder, the one who gets the first shot was Minho, Jaejoong's royal minions. His attempt to meet Abbe charge, but only to be knocked down.

He grabbed Minho's wrist yanking the crossbow from his hold before his fist connected with Minho's chest. Abbe span kicked Minho making him stumbled and fall on the floor. Abbe slammed his fist to Minho's stealing his breath. Abbe grabbed by the collar of his shirt and threw him across the room and implied him with the arrows of his crossbow.

And in no time, Abbe was now in front of the second crossbow holder. His crossbow skidded across the tile floor as Abbe knocked his arm upward, then he smoothly sidestepped as the third vampire wooden stake slice through the air over his shoulder and accidentally hit the throat of his fellows.

Abbe yanked the wooden stake out of the vampire's throat and rammed it into the chest of the third vampire.

Abbe yanked it free and used it once more to the fourth vampire, then ducked the charge attack of the fourth vampire and seized him by his wrist and twisted it caused the fourth one to cry in pain. Then he flipped the stake and jammed it into his chest.

Abbe yanked it free again and he spun only to discover that Jaejoong had vanished and Abbe didn't like not knowing where he'd moved.

"Jaejoong show yourself. You coward!" Abbe hissed.

"Damn it." Abbe swore when he saw another vampire join the combat.

Abbe leaped at the fifth vampire who was coming at him and took hold of his chin and turn around cracking his neck.

Abbe pivoted seeking for Jaejoong again. At the same time, he found him leaping through the air, seizing him about the waist and hurled him against the rampart.

In no time, Jaejoong was in front of him and jammed a dagger into his chest just as he pushed him away.  Jaejoong waste no time, he charged to Abbe, but he managed to cut under Jaejoong's attack and his fist connected hard to Jaejoong's stomach and seized his arms to twist it back.

With remarkable speed Jaejoong twisted it free turning around every bit his fist connected with Abbe's face.

"You're becoming weaker, old friend." Jaejoong eyes shone with light of triumph.

A hoarse scream erupted the room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter