Memories

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

Memories

-----xoxo-----

 

The next morning, Jennie woke up with a raging head ache.  She's aware right away that she's not in her room, she lying a king size bed and room look so sleek and modern, there's an enormous flat screen TV sat in front of the bed, a tall wide window, and painting hunging on a industrial white concrete wall, this room screams money. Jennie sat up in the bed and blinking several times and looked around the unfamiliar room and swallowed the panic climbing up .

"Where am I?" Jennie muttered.

"Okay Jennie it would really help right at present if you don't panic." She took a deep breath to calm her pounding heart and tried to recall what happened last night. Nayeon asked her to come to the get together party, they were dancing all night and end up getting drunk. After that, everything became hazy. But she remembered looking at the dark starless sky while someone carried her.

 The door squeaks and Jennie turned her head towards the door as Lisa stepped into the room httle of water. She was wearing black denim shorts and a white top tank.

"You're finally awake."  Lisa put couple ibuprofens and a bottle of water to night stand and stand next to the bed.

Jennie  her eyes widen, she seemed confused and lost. " What are you doing here?"

Lisa lifted her eyebrow. " I live here."

"You got me here instead to my apartment."

Lisa smiled. " You passed out before you could tell me your address."

Right. Just great Jennie Kim you drunk your off and you let the person you're trying to forget brought you to her home.

" God, my head hurts so badly.” Jennie said.

“  That's normal you drink too much last night.” Lisa took the bottle of water and ibuprofens, she gave it to Jennie.   She pop it in , opened the bottle of water and took a gulp.

" You seem like you were having fun last night, though."  Lisa grinned, remembering how cute she was when she got drunk.

" Hmmm ?"  That's when Jennie noticed that she was wearing a pair pajamas now,  she looked under the blanket and saw that she's wearing Sailor moon tops and shorts pajama set. Cute.

"Um... Lisa?"  She asked,  swallowing the lump on . "  I don't... I can't remember what happened ?"

"You don't remember?"

“Did you... Did we... ?” Jennie stuttered, pulling the blanket up to her chest,  feeling her face getting hot.

Lisa blinked. "Did we what?" 

Oh my God this is so embarrassing!  Jennie thought. 

" Did something happen...to us... last night?"  Jennie asked,  blushing really hard.

Lisa chuckled lightly. " No.  Nothing happen."

" So...  Where's my clothes then?"

" I asked our housemaid to wash it."

" Lisa, did you change my clothes last night. I don't remember changing it on my own."

Lisa smile waned. " No, our housemaid did."

" Why?"

Lisa breath out. " why do you have  a lot of questions?"

" Because... I'm curious and... confused." Jennie stummered.

Lisa chuckled. " Are you hungry?"

"What time is it?" Jennie asked, as she glanced at the clock hanging on the wall above the flat screen TV. “ Oh my god, it’s almost lunchtime?” The thought of food squeezes at Jennie's stomach.

"  I made something for you, I know you'll be hungry."

"All right," Jennie pulled the blanket off her body and slide her feet over the edge of the bed. "But I need to shower first. I feel really gross."

Lisa laughed. "You can shower first. I asked Suhyun to bring your clothes up here."

Jennie slowly got to her feet. "Okay, I make it quick."

"The bathroom is right there. Left door."

Jennie head to the bathroom but pause as she turn the knob. "Lisa, thank you for taking care of me last night." 

Lisa smiled and nodded. " Your welcome."

 

-----xoxo-----

 

Jennie walked down the staircase and noticed girl wearing a black housemaid uniform with a white apron at the end of the staircase.

"Miss Jennie Kim?"

Jennie hesitated before answering. "Yes?"

"I'm Suhyun, the head housemaid and Lady Lisa is waiting for you at the dining room."

"Okay." Lady Lisa?  Fancy, very classy.

"Follow me, please." Jennie nodded and let Suhyun laid her the dining room.

The dining room was spacious,  decorated with stone walls, a chandelier  hangs on the ceilings and linear rustic mantle, marble fireplace in dining space. The outside wall was entirely glass, The main attraction was obviously the table, which was large enough to seat at least twelve, but obviously only four places were set.

As soon as Jennie stepped into the dining room, the conversation died and two people turned their heads towards Jennie. Lisa's parents.

“You must be Jennie?” the woman asked Jennie.

She's beautiful and seems younger than she expected. If I didn't know that Lisa was an only child, I could mistake her as Lisa's sister. Jennie thought

Jennie nodded yes. 

"What are you still standing there. Come and join us, you can sit next to Lisa."

Jennie  glanced at Lisa for some reassurance. She smiled, then stood up and pulled out the chair adjacent to her. Jennie bowed down, she walked towards the table and sat next to Lisa.

"Don't be shy dear, eat as many as you desire. We cooked it only just for you."

"Umm... Thank you, ma'am." Jennie said shyly.

Lisa. Lisa turned her head towards her father. As soon as she heard her father's voice in her mind.

She's a human. You brought a human in our house.

I'll explain it later, father.

You'll better be. Having a human in my house is the last thing I want, Lisa.

Lisa... Abbe. That's enough. Both Lisa and Lord Abbe turned their heads to Lady Priya who gave them a warning look.

Lisa sighed and resume from eating.

Lady Priya cleared softly. "So... Jennie what is your relationship with my daughter?"

The oblivious Jennie stopped on chewing her food and blinked.   "Umm..."

"She's just a friend, mother." Lisa answered it for her.

"Be quiet Lisa I'm not asking you." Lady snapped at her daughter.

"You know Jennie. Lisa never brought any girl in our household before. You must be very special to her then. "

Blood rushed  up to Jennie's face as she felt her face getting hotter.

"Jennie’s just a friend, Mother,” Lisa stressed between clenched teeth. “Now can we eat?”

"Friends? I'd highly doubt it. You're only female is Chaeyoung and Jennie is too pretty to be just your friend. My daughter really knows her taste."

 Jennie blushed hard, and she shifted on her seats nervously. "Um..."

" God. Mother." Lisa sighed heavily.

" What?  I was only trying to---"

"Dear, that's enough. Stop harassing our guest." Abbe said to his wife.

Lady Priya just shrugged again. "Well, if you say so. "  she resume on eating as if nothing happens.

"Sorry about that."  Lisa said and her voice ws full of concern.

Jennie smiled slowly. "It's ok, really."

When they were done, Lisa immediately jump up and grabbed Jennie's hand.

"I'll drive Jennie home." 

Lady Priya opened , but Lisa promptly cut her off. "Jennie has a class in few hour, so I don't mean to rush but---."

"Of course, you kid can go now."

"You know, I don't have class this morning." Jennie said, as soon as they were out the parking area.

"I know, I just need and excuse to get out from the house. " Away from her mother and Father intirogation.

"Oh."

Meanwhile Lord Abbe and lady Priya, watched Jennie and Lisa from their balcony as the girls drive off.

"What do you think about Jennie?" Lady Priya asked her husband.

"You mean other than she's a human. Lisa is back on it again, getting involved with a human."

"Not that. Jennie kinda look familiar."

Lord Abbe eyes furrowed in confusion. "what do you mean?"

Lady Priya shrugged. " I believe I saw her somewhere? I'm just not certain where."

 

------xoxo-------

 

Jennie was starting to get nervous.  Lisa has been quiet ever since they left at her house, she asked her what was wrong and had gotten nowhere.  She knew something what up and she's not going to like it. When they reached to her floor and opened her door and cleared .

"You want to get inside?"  Jennie asked, nervously.

Lisa nodded. " Yeah, I want to speak to you about something. "  It's coming.

"Jennie ---"

" Do you want something to drink ? Water,  juice, anything?"  Jennie walked into her kitchen, went to her fridge and with a trembling hand, she poured an orange juice in the glass and put it on the counter.

She threw on a smile to her.  “ Here,  drink it."

"Jennie..." Lisa sighed, take a tiny stepped towards her, but hold back a few feet in front of Jennie.

"Why do you keep on saying my name like that?"  Jennie asked, eyes on her.

Jennie sighed as frustration eating her up. " Can't you just tell me why?... I thought you feel it too...Why Lisa? answer me!"

Lisa exhale slowly.  Her gazed drop. So do her shoulder. Then she looks away.

Jennie cleared . “I get it.  You don’t need to say—”    

 “Say what?”      

“That you don’t want me like I want you.”   

“God,” Lisa said, eyeing the ceiling now. “I wish it were that simple.” 

“Then, why isn’t it?”    

 “Because I do want you, Jennie.” Her voice wobbles. “ But it's complicated.... You see, there are things that you don't know about me. Things that are also dangerous for you. And I don't want you to get involve in it.”      

“Are your family doing something illegal?,”

"No."

"Did you kill someone? Are you a criminal?"

"No. I'm not." But if killing a vampire is a crime, then maybe I am.

"Then why? Just tell me."  Jennie bite out.

"I can't tell you right now, Jennie." Lisa reaches down and took Jennie's hands.

Jennie looked away, eyes on the floor.

" Was that really the reason why you can't be with me? " Jennie's voice tremble and when she finally raised her up her head and  meet her eyes, she's wasn't crying this time but Lisa could see she was hurting inside.  She had been so cruel to her, hurting her for the second time, it was because she need to protect Jennie, she had fought it so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter