THEY'LL NEVER LEARN

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 20

 

THEY'LL NEVER LEARN

-----@@@-----

 

 

Glancing around the area, Lisa noticed that she's the only female in the team. Squad One were all men and these men were specialized in this kind of mission and aside from that they are the best squad in NC.

"She's in there, right?" Mino whispered to Lisa.

"Yes, according to the imformant" Lisa whispered back.

Lisa and Mino appeared in the dark alley with some other member of the squad as they waited for the Squad leader's order. Suho the squad leader, run them around the back, so she and the boys walked down the dark alley that ran behind the club.

"Hey, what's your name again?" One of the squad one member asked her.

"Lisa and this is Mino." Lisa stated, pointing at Mino who give a nod.

"I'm Xiumin by the way and this is Chen and Baekhyun and the one with our squad leader is D and Chan."

"Yeah, I know. Suho has already introduced you to us." Lisa said.

"Eh?  He did? When?" Xiumin asked, confused about what Lisa just said.

"Yeah, he did." Baekhyun interrupted. " You weren't there when Suho introduced Lisa and Mino to us."

"Oh?" Xiumin nodded and smile. " Nice to meet you by the way." He shyly added.

"Likewise." Lisa smiled back.

"Tao and Lo just took off." Chen announced.

"Right on time,” Xiumin whispered. “Suho. What's the plan?"

“Follow them,” Suho said, turning to Chen.

With a nod, Chen took the cue and disappeared following Suho's order.

Suho turned to them and said, "Don't make any drastic decision that can put the team in danger. Stick together and keep in touch with each other. Remember our only mission is to rescue the girl, the rest of it, just leaves it to the Wolves Clan they're inside the club right now.  As soon as we rescue the girl, we go forth immediately. Are we clear here?"

They nodded and they flashed down onto a slate alley—just as the Lonewolf popped the door open into what appeared like a kitchen. They waited  for a second,  as the Lonewolf puts a black trash bag inside the garbage can. As soon the Lonewolf opened the door again to get inside,  Mino and Baekhyun flashed past in a lightning speed. Baekhyun grabbed the lonewolf's head and snapped it. While Mino grabbed a hold on the door to let them and take care the rest of  stuff inside the kitchen.

As soon as they passed the kitchen they split into two teams. Suho, Mino and Lisa went together while Xiumin and Baekhyun  went together searching the rest of the remaining room.

"Basement." Suho ordered.

Mino and  Lisa nodded, they head down with Suho leading the way. It was also quiet, there's no sign of Lonewolf. Lisa couldn’t believe the Lonewolves hadn’t noticed them as far as she knows wolves have a keen sense of hearing and smell. It's not that she denigrates the ability of her team, but the fact that there were vampires all around the place they should at least noticed something was off unless---

Lisa shook her head, no, she's imagining things too much.  There's no way that they knew about their mission, but the fact that they haven't met any of the Lonewolf other than they fought in the back door was a bit odd.

Suho stop on his tracked and give them a sign to hold up. They froze and push against the wall and Suho ease down. Suho peeks his head a little and then set his fingers in the air, a v sign indicating there are two Lonewolf in the hallway.

On Suho's cue, Lisa and Mino jolted in the hall, taking down the two Lonewolf guard with just one shot of their so gun with a silencer. 

Then Lisa suddenly felt a shivered go down her spine  as if a knife was tracing her spine.

Turning around, Lisa saw a fully transformed wolf coming to their direction. It was coming fast.

"Lisa watch out!" Lisa heard Mino shouted, but it was too late, before she could even point her gun to the beast, the wolf has been already in front of her taking her down to the floor. Lisa's head jacked back and bump off the floor so hard.  And  then beast trap Lisa  with his body, growling while Lisa was lying unresponsive under the wolf.

Dazed? Dead?

"Lisa!" Mino shouted.

Mino and Suho both leveled gun at the wolf, but the wolf didn't care. The wolf opened his mouth, showing his sharp pointed teeth and bite Lisa on her shoulder except something strange took place. Lisa's red eyes flicked open. 

With a fast move, Lisa clamped her hands to the wolf's mouth and tore his mouth apart. The wolf hollered in pain, attempting to escape from Lisa's deadly gripped, but he wasn't able to escaped and was split apart widely.

Lisa cursed and caught her breath, she removed the wolf at the top of her and sat up. She turned to the rock-still wolf on the floor, next to her, looking for a sign of life. Lisa breath out and glanced up, glad that it was already dead.

"Are you all right, Lisa?" Suho asked with his eyes, wide opened, stunned about what just happened.

Mino on the other hand has the opposite reaction with Suho. He laughed, finding it funny which only confused Suho more.

" You think it was funny?" Lisa stated, clearly annoyed with Mino.

"I thought you were dead for a second there. Really Lisa, You never failed to amaze me, but I guess you should clean that nasty thing, it's gross."

Lisa was covered with the wolf's blood from her face to her hands.

"You must have forgotten, you drink blood every day." Lisa reminded Mino.

"But that is a wolf's blood." Mino pointed out.

"But clearly you have no trouble, drinking Irene's blood at all."

"It's because she is special." Mino pointed out once more.

"And you still let her go." Lisa murmured and sighed.

"You're saying something, Lisa?" Mino asked, clearly heard her murmured.

Lisa shook her head. " Nothing."

She pulled out a handkerchief on his pocket and throw it towards Lisa, she thanks him  and wiped her face to get rid of the blood.

Suho noticed that Lisa's red eyes have now turned back to normal. So it was true. Suho couldn't believe it. His uncle who was once a trainer told him that Lord Abbe's daughter was once "The Chosen One, but because she committed a crime, the council strip off her title. Pure Blood called Lisa many names, but the most popular was "The Troublemaker". But from what Suho just witnessed, she was indeed incredible. He thought, if they can't choose for her replacement then they better put Lisa back as the "Chosen One" after all it was her title in the first place.

Mino headed for the hallway. "Where to go now?"

"Left side. At the end of the hallway, there's a room and I believe they are hiding the girl there." Suho said looking at Mino.

"Let's go." Mino said, leading the way this time.  They headed to the hallway and stopped when finally reached into this one room. It was the only room in that area which was odd, the other hallway that was packed with a few rooms but there was no freaking guard! If this was the right room, then at least there's should be two or one wolves guarding the area. It became even more suspicious.

"Are you guys ready?" Mino asked.

When they nodded in response, Mino burst through the door.

"What the" Mino said, confused. "What's the meaning of this? It's empty!"

"I don't understand, the informer said that she here." Suho said,  clearly confused as Mino.

"I knew it." Lisa said, sighing.  Suho and Mino looked over toward the doorway where Lisa was standing.

"From the moment came here, I knew something's off. For a building that is used as a hideout we only encounter three wolves on our way here. And I'm sure those wolves in the kitchen were a normal stuff." Lisa pointed out as she stepped inside the room. "No guard was guarding this area." 

Mino frowned and said. "Are you saying that we'd been fraud?"

"It's not a fraud. It's impossible. Our informer has been working with us for more than three years now and he has never failed before not until now." Suho explained to them. "They knew the operation, then." Mino concluded.

"And somebody told them before we even got here." Lisa stated.

"Somebody? Like who?" Suho asked.

"Somebody from the conven for sure. The only one who knows this operation are NC, The Council and the Queen." Lisa said, Then Lisa turned to Suho. "Call the rest and let's get out of here."

As Suho nodded, he called the attention of Baekhyun and Xiumin but there was no single response he receives from them.

"They're not responding." Suho said to them.

". This is bad. So what now then? Are we going to look for them or just bailed out?" Mino asked.

"I will try to get hold of them again, but for now let's get out of here before it's too late." Suho said to them."

"Too late for that." Suho and M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter