FOOL

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 23

-----@@@-----

FOOL

-----@@@-----

 

 

_Council Chamber_

 

"She's one clever girl." Lady Chaerin murmured.

"Who?" Changmin asked who happened to hear her.

Chaerin turned, shook her head and She curled her lip. "Nothing. I happened to remember someone that lately got my attention."

Changmin gave her a look, but didn't say anything and put his attention back to Jiyong who trying to run down the detail of the ambushed incident that happened during Nayeon's rescue attempt.

"Are you telling us that the reason you failed to rescue and capture Kris was because someone leak the info to him." Yunho spoke first after Jiyong finished explaining. Yunho leaned forwards on his chair, elbows propped on the top of the table as he looked at Jiyong with his eyes slit in a suspicious way.

"And you are suspecting that this somebody is one of the members of the council?"

Jiyong raised an a brow. "Did I say that the suspect is among the us, council?"

Yunho nodded. "Fair enough. It's impossible for this to happen. But if it's really true, then we have to punish culprit."

Everyone nodded in the council nodded. Jiyong turned his gaze to Dara, who was eyes moved in with each of the members, then her eyes shifted to Jiyong, meeting his gazed.

"We're conducting an investigation right now." Jiyong added. "And we already have the their names, but I can't tell who they are yet. Its confidential for now."

"Why?" Changmin asked. "We are the council, we have the rights to know who are they." 

"Now, Lord Changmin. Have you forgotten that this kind of matter is the NC's job. And it's better this way, we just trying to be careful this time."

“Your Majesty.” Siwon spoke. “We would like to hear your thought about this?”

"I was the one who told Jiyong to do that. So, my answer is obvious." Dara said.

"But my queen -" Changmin spoke as Dara turned her gaze to him.

"Hush, Lord Changmin." Dara spat.

Changmin meet Dara eyes. He saw her red eyes flare as she talked. Changmin tensed. He instantly looked away.

Although they were against but since it was the Queen's order so they don't have a choice but to agree to it.

"Are there still more, Lord Jiyong?" Chaerin asked.

"No, my lady. I already said to the council the things that I wanted to say to the council."

"Before we go to our next agenda. May I ask, has anyone of knows where the heck is Lady Yoona. I believed that everyone was informed about this meeting?"

"Lady Yoona has another commitment, it's her mother's 580th birthday, so she couldn't make the meeting because her present is highly need to the party." Jiyong explained.

"She's not trying to make excuses again, isn't she? Just what she did last time." Yunho asked, suspiciously.

"I sent guards to check on her and she was telling the truth this time. I tell her what we discussed, she promised to make a visit tomorrow."

Chaerin nodded, then turned to Dara. "Your Majesty, you stated that you have something important that you need tell the council. You have the floor now."

"My lords, my ladies." Dara's voice was imperious and loud as she stood up from her chair. From their attentive and respectful expressions it was clear that Dara has the most power among the council and she was satisfied to see that. She has a very significant matter that she needed to discuss with them, it's about Jennie.

"I want to discuss the next black moon that will happen two weeks from now." Dara started as her eyes roamed to the council who was listening to her with a serious expression.

"I had to be honest with you, councils. The Blood Lass is in our territory, right inside this building."

The serious expression of their faces at once turned to surprise, shock and they exchanged glances. Except Jiyong and Chaerin who are already aware of Jennie.  But unknown to the Queen, there was someone who has been already aware of Jennie long before they even know her.

"You have her? Then where is she?" Siwon asked.

But before she could alter a word, the door burst opened and Seunghyun entered the room.

"I'm sorry for the interruption,your majesty, my lords my ladies. But, I just received a bad news, your majesty." Seunghyun said in an urgent voice.

"What is it, my lord." Dara asked.

"The Miss is missing. She not in her room when a servant took her dinner."

Jiyong stood up. "Did you alert the guards?"

"They are currently looking for her now."

"How come she's missing and what happen to the guard that I assigned to guard her?" Jiyong said,

"Apparently, there was no one in there except Jihyo."

"Who is she?" Dara asked.

"She's one of the handmaiden who was in charge of serving the guest." Chaerin explained.

"And what is she doing in Jennie's room? I don't remember I assigning her to her." Chaerin asked.

"Sorry for the interrupting, my queen." Yunho said.  "Who is this girl that you're talking about and how important is this girl that you grow a guts to interrupt our meeting."

"That girl,  is none other than the blood lass." Dara asked it for him.

Eyes wide, Changmin stood up and spoke. "Lord Jiyong cancel the investigation and send all the guards find her. She's more important than any other things right now."

"Who told you that you hold the right to give orders here, Lord Changmin?" Dara turned and her gaze shifted to Changmin. "As for Jennie? It's NC's job. You are just allowed to get involved only when I said so."

Changmin bowed. His expression was stern. "Forgive me, my queen."

Dara stared at Changmin for a bit. "Lord Jiyong, continue with the investigation and Lord Siwon," Dara turned to Siwon. "You're the one who's in charge of the training of new re recruit, right."

"Yes, my queen." Siwon nodded.

"Gather them. They will be a great help for the searching."

"Yes, my queen. I'll do it now." Siwon bowed and leave the council chamber.

"Lord Yunho Lord Changmin, can you take of that handmaiden while I'm gone and bring some guards with you."

"You don't have to ask, your majesty, I was planning on keeping an eye on her." Yunho said.

"No problem, my queen." Changmin said.

"Seunghyun, gather all the squad unit of NC. Tell them that I have some very important announcement to make."

"Yes, your Majesty." Seunghyun bowed and leave the council chamber to do the queen's order.

They all exited the room except for Jiyong and Chaerin.

"You're really going to expose Jennie's identity?" Jiyong asked Dara.

"I have no choice but to do this. It's a lot easier if the unit recognizes her identity."

"Do we actually need the whole unit squad?" Chaerin asked her.

"If we have the whole unit then our possibilities of finding her is much higher."

 

-----@@@-----

_LISA'S HOUSE_

-----@@@-----

 

"She caught me."

"Who?" Jisoo asked, confused.

"Lady Chaerin." chaeyoung sighed and looked down, feeling defeated. "She knows that I'm trying to retrieve Lisa's memories."

"Is there any other way to use your ability without you being caught by Lady Chaerin?" Jisoo Chaeyoung, concern on her face.

"There is." Chaeyoung said, When she looked upwards, her eyes looked a bit wild. "With Aurie."

"She's dead, Chaeng." Jisoo reminded her.

"I know." Chaeyoung stood up and She stood and walked over to stand between the table and the couch. "I can do it using Aurie's possessions as long as Aurie touch it."

"But we don't have any of her possessions." Lisa said, she ran a hand over her hair, frustrated.

"How about this," Jisoo pulled her necklace. "She's the one who gave me this."

Chaeyoung shook. "It's been with you for long, so..." Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulder helplessly.

"Instead of her,  it's my memory that you are going to see." Jisoo murmured and sighed.

"Then how about we use Jisoo instead." Lisa stated.

"I've already said the things that you wanted to know, Lisa. Seeing my memories is no use." Jisoo said.

"Then how about in Jennie's home. May be we can find Aurie's things there." Chaeyoung suggested.

"There's a great chance that we might but it's too far away from here and no one can enter the barrier unless one of them will let us in." Jisoo said.

"But at least we have to try." Lisa stated, shifting her eyes from Chaeyoung to Jisoo, looking so desperate.

Jisoo took a deep breath and nodded. "I think so too."

Breathing out, Lisa pulled her phone from her pocket and stood up. "I need to make a call first."

They heard the door open and Bam Bam entered the room, He looked up  and saw they were staring at him.

"What? Why are you looking at like that?"

"We need him." Jisoo said.

Chaeyoung nodded. "Yeah, definitely."

Bam Bam blink, looking confused. "Need me for what?"

"You know how to drive, right?" Lisa asked him.

"Yeah, why? Are you going somewhere?" Bam Bam said.

Lisa turned to Jisoo and Chaeyoung. "I'll leave him to you." she walked a distance away from them and dialed Mino's number.

"Mino, I need a favor." Lisa said.

"As long as it will not get me into trouble then it's fine." Mino said in the other line.

"I need you to look after Jennie, she in the coven right."

"What? Why?"

"Find out which room she was in and just make sure she okay, I'll back soon."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter