The Truth Unfold: Jennie's Past

SOULMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 28

The Truth Unfold: Jennie's Past

-----xoxoxo-----

 

 

[In the HIVE]

The muscles in her neck began to suffer with the strain of keeping her head raised to peer at the door. Heaving a sigh of defeat, Jennie let it fell back onto the pillow and just close her eyes. It had come to her attention that she can't escape from him, the realization begun to settle in.

Jennie 's thoughts were disturbed when the bedroom door opened once more. Stiffening, she twitched her head up to peer toward the door and saw it was Jaejoong again.

"You finally calm down." Jaejoong said.

"Can you please untie me now?" Jennie said in a strained voice.

"I, only untie you if you promise to behave this time." Jaejoong said, he went to the bedside and peer down at her.

Jennie nodded,  knowing that there is no other choice but agreed with him.

"All done."

Jennie glanced down to see that he'd finished untying her. She was free again. She slowly pushed to a seating position, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. Jennie hesitated, then turned her gaze to Jaejoong,

"You hungry?" Jaejoong asked her.

Jennie shook her head slightly. "Thirsty."

Jaejoong gestured his handmaid to get into the room. She lay the tray that she brought with her on the nightstand and pick up the glass of water and gave it to Jennie.

Jennie took it mumbling thank you to her. Judging from the way it looks, it's just a normal water, but when Jennie drunk it, she shuddered as the liquid clawed its way downward to . For a normal water, it sure did burn.

Jaejoong step back and grinning at her. " Hurts, doesn't it?"

“What was that?” Jennie clutched .

“Potion. But don’t worry, its not a killing potion. I made it to bring your memories back.

"You mention it a while ago.  But as far as I know haven't loss any of my memories."

"Then you're wrong. What you have right now are the memories of your make believe life after you cast the forbidden spell. Soyeon, your grandmother, Soojin, your mother and your father. They are not your real family, they are your servants. They took while were in the deep sleep for the past decades. Eight years ago, you finally woke up and forgot everything from your past life. And in order to protect you from me, as they always say, they created a lie, they told you that you they were your family and create a new memory to fill in the lost memory. It was a great plan and also a great failure. I still found you. Thanks to my daughter."

"Wha---wha---what... " Jennie struggled to speak as the potion started to work on her. Her eyes started to get heavy and felt dizzy.

"I've been working with this potion for decades now. I many have failed many times, but I finally figure out how it will work, once I cast the spell in reverse. And when you wake up, you will remember everything."

"No. I don't want---"

"Why did you run away that night, Jennie?" Jaejoong interrupted her. "Why her?"

That was the last word she heard Jaejoong said before, the world blanked around her.

 

-----xoxoxo-----

Jennie's Past

[1929]

 

Jennie let her head rest onto a bath pillow on the tub edge and stared outside the window, tuning everything out.

She couldn't believe that Aurie would do such thing,  she promised to her that she wouldn't let herself get involved with Jaejoong business it was dangerous. But with one sweet talked of Jaejoong, Aurie immediately given in to Jaejoong. And she knows all along that Jaejoong was only using her, but still give in to him, making Jennie mad. As much as she was grateful because the man saved her and her cousin, she also wanted to punch the man's face.

"Foolish girl." Jennie grumbled.

"What was that, Princess?" Miyeon asked her.

Jennie turned her gaze up to Miyeon’s face and shook her head. "Nothing."

"Oh, I know what you mean, Princess." Miyeon lifted Jennie's arm and rubbed the soapy sponge against her skin, easy and gentle.

"It's your cousin, right?"

Jennie sighed. "I don't know what to do with her anymore."

"If I were you, Princess. Don't worry too much about her,  Aurie is old enough to make her decision."

"Yes, but it was because of Jaejoong. He's poisoning her mind, Miyeon." Jennie said.

"I can see that you're not a fan of him."

"As much as I'm grateful to him for saving me and Aurie but his wrong doing is making me regret for trusting such an evil man."

"He is indeed an evil and he only shows his good side to you. That man adores you so much that you can bend him on his knees with your words."

"Oh Please, Miyeon." Jennie grimaced. "I rather him make me miserable than to be infatuated to me. And Can you stop calling me princess,"

Miyeon chuckled, setting aside the sponge." Whatever you say." Miyeon stood up and grabbed a bathrobe. "But you know, Prin -er, my lady. You can use his feelings against him. Seduce him, make him fall hard on you and then escape from him. "

Jennie snorted. "How stupid do you think Jaejoong is, Miyeon?"  Jennie stood up from the robe and slipped the robe that Miyeon handed to her.

"That was only a suggestion, my lady. Of course, Lord Jaejoong would not fall for such scheme."

"How about you prepare the dinner now, Miyeon," Jennie suggested.

"Of course. I'll prepare your dinner now. Where do you want to take your dinner, my lady?"

"At the dining are, please." Jennie informed her.

"Of course, my lady." Jennie watched as Miyeon departed then dress up for dinner.

After dinner Jennie went to the parlor to have her tea and read the book that Miyeon had purchased for her in the city. She was peacefully enjoys her time when a knocked interrupted her and later Miyeon entered the room.

"You have a visitor, my lady." Miyeon said to her.

“If this person is Jaejoong, then tell him I'm not in the mood to entertain him and have him return by tomorrow.” Jennie sighed as she continued reading her book.

"No, it's not Lord Jaejoong, my lady." Miyeon continued "It's---" but before she could say the next word the intruder interrupted her.

"Good evening to you, my dear cousin."  Aurie said, as he walked through the door.

Jennie set the book aside as she got to her feet. "Aurie?"

"Did I disturb you with your reading?" Jennie didn't answer, but frowned at her as hugging her.

Sitting back,  Jennie leaned back in her chair, she made her voice cold and impatient. “Why are you here?”

"I'm here to visit my favorite cousin." Aurie at her. "Are you mad because I didn't visit the last time?"

"No,I'm not mad. I'm disappointed in you at this moment and you know the reason why."

"Oh," Aurie was quiet for a moment, then she sighed finally getting what was Jennie talking about. "I'm guessing it's already reached to you." Aurie said quietly. "Who told you? Your servant?"

"It's not important who told me. The thing is you broke your promise to me."

"I may have broke our promise, but it's only for our own good."

"Own good? What's good about getting involved with that man?" Jennie  countered.

"Don't talk to him like that." Aurie gasped as she was offended by the way Jennie talked about Jaejoong. "We owe him our lives. He saves us, remember? I was just returning the favor to him."

Jennie snickered. "Oh, please. Aurie I know you since we were kids. You're doing this because you want him to notice you."

Jennie's word stunned Aurie. "Yes, I  fancy him and I want him to notice me, but that was not the reason why I agreed to help him." Her voice was a bit strained.

 "I'm sorry. That was so wrong of me to say that." Jennie apologized sincerely. "I'm just worried about you. You're the only family I have.'

 "Jennie, don't worry about me. I'm mindful of what I'm doing." Aurie assure her.

"I know," Jennie sighed. "I just can't lay off myself from worrying at you, especially you involved yourself with Jaejoong."

"You really hate him? But he ---"

"What exactly are doing inside Vampire territory? Did Jaejoong make you do it?" Jennie interrupted suspiciously.

"Nothing, I just wanted to experience how vampire lives on a daily base." Aurie lied.

"You're a bad liar,” Jennie informed Aurie stilly. "Aurie, I must remind you that vampire and witches don't get along. And what you did last night was a suicide, what if they found out that you're not their kind, huh?  They will going to kill you just like what they did to our parents, to our kind.”

"Only they didn't." Aurie said.

Jennie shot is a glared into her direction.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter