swimsuit

drabbles

This summer is a hot one. Byulyi and Yongsun decide to spend it in the tropics. If they’re going to victims to the heat, it might as well be somewhere with a good view.

Byulyi had honestly expected to just sit around and feel the ocean breeze, and definitely not get in the water.

But she had forgotten that Yongsun was quite the swimmer. It’s morning, so there aren’t as many people on the beach, and Yongsun feels liberated enough to take a dip.

Byulyi’s jaw drops faster than Yongsun’s summer dress. She swears the world starts moving in slow-motion when the thin fabric reveals her smooth collarbones and slides off her shoulders. Byulyi’s senses shoot up to high alert, everything becomes too much all at once. Her clothes are too itchy, the humidity is suffocating, the sun is too bright, Yongsun exists in a hazy halo, and suddenly Byulyi is parched.

She grabs for her mango juice but it she can’t tear her eyes away from the other woman and ends up knocking it off the table. Whatever, she can clean it up later.

But is so dry. And what’s the difference between this and when Yongsun bursts out of bathroom fresh and and excited to share her shower thoughts? There’s more skin covered now. Covered, by a rich purple bikini top that perfectly shapes her s and when she turns around (agonizingly slow) to head towards the waves she bunches her hair up to reveal her neck and the line of her body, the dimples on her lower back and that, that

God, that . She’s mesmerized watching it sway towards the ocean, but she has to blink for a moment because a drop of sweat falls on her eyelash. Byulyi is really sweaty right now.

Must be the heat.

Suddenly, she hears her name being called and refocuses to see Yongsun smirking at her over her shoulder, toes by the bright blue ocean.

“Are you coming in, Byul-ah?”

Byulyi jumps out of her seat and runs towards the water to quench her thirst.