single bed

drabbles

Byulyi stays up late at night playing with Legos or video games or brain puzzles, or sometimes she lays awake just talking to people, and she never crawls in between the comforters before 2AM. It’s a leftover habit from promotions that she can’t shake.

When she stays at Yongsun’s place it’s the same story, because half of Byulyi’s toys are there too, and better yet Yongsun is there to play with her. But Yongsun also usually falls asleep before her. While Byulyi waits for sleep to come, a lot of the times she’ll write. Most of the time it’s embarrassing, sometimes it’s good and vague enough to share on the fancafe, rarely she might like it enough the next day to try to turn it into lyrics.

By the time Byulyi is ready to sleep, Yongsun’s deep in her dreams, and doesn’t even stir as Byulyi slides in next to her.

-

If Byulyi had the choice, she would sleep in as late as she wanted. When they’re on break, that’s exactly what she does. The only problem that comes with that, is Yongsun wakes up before she does. The older woman has to crawl over her to get out, a side effect of having her bed in the corner. She’s clumsy enough in the mornings that Byulyi would probably wake up even if she wasn’t such a light sleeper.

“Why don’t you stay and snuggle?” Byulyi asks once, half-asleep. It was only eight in the morning.

Yongsun her hair and presses a light kiss to her temple. “I get restless laying down for four hours letting you drool on me.”

Byulyi makes a grunting noise like she disagrees and her eyes are closing again.

“I’m sorry for waking you up every morning.”

“Not your fault, my fault.” Byulyi sighs. She’s drifting off again. She feels another kiss on her cheek before sleep claims her until the afternoon sun shines high.

-

“Oh? you moved your bed.” Byulyi hangs her jacket on the back of the door. The bed is now in the center of the room, the little table now on the other side.

“Hm? Oh, yeah. Since you get up later.” Yongsun explains excitedly. “I don’t want to wake you up every time. Now we can get in and out if bed easier without stepping on each other.” She surveys the new layout, proud like she’d just solved a really complicated puzzle.

Byulyi’s lip quivers to hold back her all too happy smile. She lets it break out anyway. “You did this for me?”

Yongsun bites her lip and thinks about denying her out of embarrassment, but she lets herself calm down. “Yeah. I did it for us.” She clarifies with a blush.

Byulyi tackles her onto the bed, laughing and nosing her way into Yongsun’s neck again. “You’re the best, Yong.”

“I’m glad you know that.” Yongsun say’s haughtily.

Byulyi pushes herself up. She sitting on her side, and Yongsun is settled in between her arms. Her hair is fanned out around her and she’s a little breathless from falling and Byulyi thinks, I love you.

Instead of saying that out loud, she smirks. “I’m going to miss have you on top of me every morning.”

Yongsun’s mouth opens, appalled, before she grins devilishly. “I think I can do something about that.”