attraction

drabbles

“Why do you like me so much?” Yongsun asks one day after a schedule. Byulyi had, for whatever reason, forgone collapsing onto her own bed and decided instead to collapse on Yongsun’s.

It’s a rhetorical question, and Byulyi knows, so she just snorts. Yongsun is already rummaging around her closet looking for her comfiest pajamas. Byulyi considers her for a moment.

“Do you want to know?” Byulyi asks, breaking the comfortable quiet that had settled.

“Know what?” Yongsun asks without pausing from what she’s doing.

“Know why I like you so much.”

That makes her stop. On one hand, she knows it will be disgusting. On the other hand…

She feels Byulyi’s smirk crawling on her spine like a challenge. She turns to face the other woman. Byulyi is smirking and it is disgusting.

Yongsun crosses her arms over her chest. “Tell me.”

Byulyi sits up quick, holding up a finger. “One condition.” Yongsun tilts her head for her to continue. “You can’t stop me until I’m finished.”

Just at that Yongsun already wants Byulyi to shut up before her grease gives them both acne. Unfortunately, her curiosity wins over her self-preservation this time. “Fine.”

Byulyi grins and begins to tick off her fingers. Yongsun might have thought it looked cute if she hadn’t wanted to beat Byulyi up.

“There’s the way you dance to yourself like a crazy person, how you turn into a hand-fan when you flip your hair, when you look like a meerkat when you’re surprised, how it takes half an hour for you to wake up in the morning.” Byulyi looks up from her hand and smirks at Yongsun’s pout. She stands up and gets right in Yongsun’s personal space; there’s no escape, pressed against the door of the closet.

Yongsun is about to stutter out a protest when Byulyi presses a finger against her lips. “No interruptions.”

She trails her hand from Yongsun’s lips, upwards to thread them through the older woman’s pretty pink hair. “When you push your hair back like you’re the iest woman alive,” the hand moves back down and stops at her eye. “This mole that I share with you,” the hand moves lower to cup her cheek. “How fluffy your cheeks can get,” she stops her trail to pinch the cheek a bit and now Yongsun’s face pulls into a grimace. Byulyi bites back a laugh.

She runs her fingers back over Yongsun’s lips. “I like the way you speak, especially when you think you’re in control.”

Yongsun’s brow furrows at that. Only think I’m in control?

A hand travels to her collar. “You’re mesmerizing,” Byulyi sighs, “I can’t keep my eyes off of you.” It slides to her shoulder, down her arm, Byulyi steps closer and brings her other arm to clasp her hands behind Yongsun’s back. She has Yongsun trapped in a loose hug now. Their faces are only inches apart. “I like how you’re a little shorter than me.”

Yongsun wants to interrupt for real at that but Byulyi keeps talking.

“I like the way it let’s us fit together, just like this.” Byulyi tightens her hold a bit. Yongsun’s eyes are doing elevator runs again flitting between their pressed bodies and Byulyi’s annoying lips and Byulyi’s beautifully deep gaze. A gaze that’s moving closer.

Byulyi’s voice isn’t quite a whisper yet, but she’s using that husky, low tone that she knows Yongsun loves. They’re so close Yongsun can feel Byulyi’s breath on her own lips. “I like how you always make me laugh…”

Closer…

“How happy you make me feel…”

Closer…

“And this cute nose of yours!” Byulyi suddenly rubs their noses together with a grin and pulls back. She swings her arms out from around Yongsun and freefalls back onto the bed.

Yongsun’s face is blazing red from annoyance and something else. “That’s it?!”

Byulyi smirks, shrugging. “That’s it.”

The older woman stutters for a moment before going full pout mode again. “That’s it, then.”

Yongsun gives Byulyi a good glare before heading to the bathroom. She’s just about to pull down her underwear when Byulyi pokes her head in the door like the awful twerp she is.

“One more thing~“

“Moon Byulyi if you don’t-“

“I like how you pretend that you don’t totally like me too.” She wiggles her eyebrows and slips the door shut before a bottle of lotion can nail her in the face.