blossom

drabbles

“It’s gonna be shorter? Why?” Byulyi sits up from where she was lounging on the couch and looks over Yongsun’s shoulder. A list of songs and acts lays plainly on the coffee table.

Yongsun gives her a look like the answer is obvious. “It’s all the way in Busan, Byul. What kind of guests am I going to get to go to Busan with me?” She focuses back on the paper in front of her.

It was a rhetorical question, so she really didn’t expect an answer, but the dead silence that followed made Yongsun look up from her proposed setlist.

Byulyi had reclined back into the couch like a deflated balloon, staring up at the ceiling and biting her lip like she was holding back her words again.

“What is it?” Yongsun tapped her arm.

Byulyi hesitates for a moment trying to find her words, but any way she says it is going to sound presumptuous. “I just thought I was going with you.”

She expect to hear a bark of laughter, or scoffing, but instead there’s only a thoughtful hum. Yongsun is looking back at her setlist and tapping the end of her pen. “Would you really? It would only be you then. For both days. And if I want it to be as long as the others…hmm. Let’s see.” Yongsun prattles on, not even acknowledging the fact that Byulyi thought she was overstepping her bounds. She exhales in relief and sits up from the couch, looking back over Yonsun’s shoulder. “Even if I have longer VCRs…well, those are for the encore…but if I try to stretch the beginning…”

Byulyi adds the minutes up in her head and there’s still about half an hour of time that Yongsun’s trying to plug in, if Byulyi only guests as long as the last concert. She reaches over to still her girlfriend’s rapid tapping.

“I can do a solo stage too. Oh, we can do a YongKong ByulKong! It’s been a while. Moon&Sunrise live for the first time. It’ll be a treat!” Byulyi smiles, scribbling it in the middle of the list.

Yongsun leans back into Byulyi’s legs and looks at her. “Are you sure? That’s almost an hour…I feel bad about asking you to do so much.”

Byulyi pinches her cheek. “Are you kidding? This is nothing. You know I’ll do anything for you. I just hope they won’t think it’s unfair that I’m crashing your concert.”

“Please, everyone loves you.” Yongsun scoffs, trying to recover from Byulyi’s nonchalant declarations.

“And that includes you, right?” Byulyi grins, tugging Yongsun up towards herself.

Yongsun glances at the “MOONSTAR” penned hastily into her now complete setlist and decides she can be honest, just for a little bit. She settles in to Byulyi’s lap and kisses her on the cheek. “I love you the most.”

“Solar! Solar! Please, a comment for your loving fans!” Byulyi pleads leaning the camera annoyingly in and out of Yongsun’s face.

“Byul stop! Haven’t you had enough cameras for today?” Yongsun slaps her away, but she’s got a big goofy grin on her face. She’s still glowing from the post-performance high, and nothing can bring her down, certainly not her favorite person.

“I never get enough of the cameras,” Byulyi clamps the tripod still between her legs, but keeps the camera trained on her seat-neighbor. “I never get enough of you either.”

Yongsun throws fists again and Byulyi bats a few of them away before there’s a warning cough from the front seat. She catches Yongsun’s next hits by the wrist and the hyper woman relents without too much more fight.

Yongsun huffs. “You never stop.”

Byulyi raises Yongsun’s twin fists. “You don’t either.” She loosens her grip and slides her hands down so they’re holding hands. “And, if I recall, you’re the one who almost kissed me on stage.”

Yongsun sputters for a moment before sitting back and pulling a hand away to pretend to fan herself. “What an absurd accusation. I’m a professional I’ll have you know.”

“Ooh, acting acting.” Byulyi lets go of her other hand to clap.

Yongsun sinks back in to her seat after Byulyi’s applause, smile still lingering. “How was I today?”

Byulyi hardens her look, and for a moment, Yongsun is nervous, until she hears what comes out of . “I think you should lose the wig. People really hate it.”

“No way, it’s cute.” Yongsun pouts, and Byulyi immediately backpedals because Yongsun is right. She’s obviously adorable.

“You’re right, it’s cute. I’m a fool.” Byulyi wants to squeeze her in a hug, but safety first rules that she be trapped under the seatbelt. She settles for reaching over and kissing Yongsun’s knuckles. “You were amazing today. You’re amazing for all of this.”

“Byul-ah…” Yongsun starts in a warning tone, thinking she’ll start being greasy again.

“Really! I’m being serious now. You reached thousands of people tonight, and every night, Yong. And from start to finish it was all you.” Byulyi squeezes her fingers. “You really made all of this happen.

Yongsun feels her eyes welling up a bit at the thought. Byulyi brings up her finger to catch a stray tear. “Save your tears for tomorrow, Yongsun-ah. I think they actually like it when we cry.” She jokes.

Yongsun sniffs. “Fine. I’ll cry an ocean tomorrow. A whole Yongsea.”

Silence. The car rolls to a stop at the light.

“Okay Yong, I think it’s time for you to get some rest.”