break

drabbles

The situation is this: Wheein is the on the couch playing some game on her phone. She’d been stuck on the same level for about 10 minutes now and honestly? She’s debating on giving up and finding something better to do, like getting a life.

That’s until Yongsun plops down next to her looking like an agitated pufferfish, her eyes practically begging Wheein to ask her what’s wrong.

Not exactly something better, Wheein grimaces, but it’s at least different. Wheein decides to indulge.

“What’s wrong unnie?”

Yongsun sighs and Wheein thinks of balloons the way her cheeks deflate.

She suddenly scoots closer and throws one arm around Wheein’s shoulder, the other one bringing her phone right up to Wheein’s nose.

“Look at this. She has no business looking this good.” It’s Byulyi at their more recent fanmeet. They were wearing uniforms that day; Byul had taken hers off and, Wheein had to admit, she looked pretty good in just a simple shirt and tie.

But still, Wheein groans and escapes from Yongsun’s strongarm.

In the beginning, it had been cute. Really cute. Yongsun and Byulyi dancing around each other until they finally “made it official” and the subsequent honeymoon phase was like every girl’s dream love story come true.

Except it never ended. Now, Wheein just wanted some goddamned peace.

Yongsun is trying to pull Wheein back in when she stops squirming for a moment and turns to face the older woman. “Aren’t you guys on break right now?” 

Yongsun backs off indignantly at this.

“Okay, technically. But we’re always on break during promotions.” She makes a face. “Or, at least I am. But I also have eyes.” She stares at the picture on her phone again. “I just want to pull that tie…”

“EW. Stop. I don’t need to hear this.” Wheein yelps before she scuttles away from the couch and towards the door. When she swings it open, Byulyi is standing there, smugly with eyebrows raised, biting back a smile. Wheein takes one look at her and turns around to her leader, whose face is now about as pink as her hair was. Wheein cringes as much as her face allows and slides around Byulyi to find someone who’s not gross, like Hyejin.