chin

drabbles

At the beginning of their relationship, Byulyi had been adorable, an absolute doll. Once she finally let her feelings spill and Yongsun gave her a shy smile and nod, gone went the bluffing confidence and endless smooth-talking. Moonbyul became just Byulyi, a sincere, loving girlfriend who treated Yongsun like she was her entire world. If Byulyi’s words were to be believed, Yongsun actually was her entire world, and more.

Yongsun recalled, once, when she had asked for a kiss. Byulyi had been all about taking it slow, but she looked so cute with a blush that Yongsun couldn’t help but ask her for things, just ever so often.

Byulyi had, then, very determinedly cradled Yongsun’s face in her soft hands and leaned in, eyes fluttering shut. Yongsun kept her eyes open so she could see all the cute expressions on Byulyi’s face, but as the girl leaned closer she ducked at the last second. Something poked against her chin.

“S-sorry, Unnie.” Byulyi stuttered, reeling back now with a hand over her nose. “You…I know you didn’t close your eyes and it made me nervous.”

Yongsun had to laugh at that. How did the epitome of cool become so timid? She reached forward and pulled Byulyi close again. “Okay.” She kept her eyes wide open to capture the beautiful shade of rose that spread across Byulyi’s face. “I’ll kiss you then.”

And then, for Byulyi’s sake, she closed her eyes.

That was in the beginning.

Now, now Byulyi had fully settled into the reality that she was, indeed, dating Kim Yongsun. She was starting rub the grease back on. Yongsun would like to say that she preferred when her girlfriend was nice and adorable and not annoying, but Yongsun would be lying if she said she didn’t love the attention and giddiness she felt from Byulyi teasing her.

Byulyi being able to kiss her without hesitating is also very nice. But, Yongsun wonders why it had to come full circle like this.

“Hey…Yong, can I try something?”

Yongsun looks up from her writing at Byulyi, who’s taking a break from staring at her compositions. “Try what?”

Byulyi grins. “Nothing weird.” And she crawls over to Yongsun’s side. “Hold still.”

Yongsun’s brows furrow but she does as she’s told. Byulyi leans her face in and Yongsun wonders briefly if Byulyi had just tricked her into turning her “break” into a make-out session when she feels, well, nothing on her lips. Instead, there’s a soft press against her chin.

It’s pulled away to reveal Byulyi’s ecstatic face. “I did remember correctly! This feels awesome.”

There’s a confused silence from the older girl. Byulyi takes the chance to press on Yongsun’s chin again. She pulls back only after feeling the pure fluffiness of her girlfriend’s face against her nose.

“Remember when I accidentally did that once when we first started dating? I’ve always wanted to do it again since then. Baby, your face is so squishy.”

And as if to reiterate the fact, Byulyi brings her hands to press on Yongsun’s cheeks. Right now, she looks somewhat like an angry pufferfish.

“Watch what you’re trying to say, Byulyi.”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Byulyi chuckles. “But trust me, it feels amazing. Soft and pillowy, like nothing I’ve felt before.”

Yongsun looks skeptical for a moment. “Is it better than kissing me?”

That catches Byulyi off guard. “No way!” She loosens her grip on the older girl’s cheeks so that her hands are just lightly caressing her face. “Kissing you is like breathing for me.” She says, very seriously.

Yongsun looks into Byulyi’s honest eyes, then at her nose, and her lips, and back to her eyes again. They were harder than the eyes of the girl who kissed Yongsun for the first time, but they still carried the same unyielding adoration. She smirks in Byulyi’s hands.

“Then I would rather you kiss me.”

Byulyi obliges happily.