cute

drabbles

“Cute isn’t my concept.” Byulyi laughs as she reads the comments flying across their Vlive feed. Yongsun purses her lips.

An hour later, Byulyi picks up one of the stuffed animals on her bed. It’s pink and blobby, and honestly Yongsun thinks it looks a little strange, but Byulyi claims it’s her favorite. “It’s so cute! I love it.” Byulyi gives it a good squeeze.

Yongsun stares at the lithe girl melting into a puddle on her bedspread, surrounded by all things soft and fluffy and Yongsun must be tired because there are stars and flowers surrounding Byulyi like tiny lights, like miracles. 

She pushes herself off the floor and stumbles towards the bed. Byulyi starts to roll to the side to make room for her but before she can flip over, Yongsun grabs one of her thighs and shoves a knee between Byulyi’s legs. Byulyi gasps, shoving the stuffed toy in between them.

“Unnie what are you-”

Yongsun grabs the toy and tugs it upwards. Byulyi’s hands, still dumbly clinging to the thing, rise with it, and soon enough she’s caught, arms over her head, knees spread, lips parted in shock and eyes shining with, is that, anticipation?

Yongsun sighs in satisfaction as her lips curl into a smile. “You’re cute, Byul.”

That somehow breaks the spell Byulyi was caught in and she brings her arms back down with the toy, half-hiding her face behind it.

“Don’t be gross like me, Yong.” Byulyi rolls her eyes but her face is flushing. 

Yongsun pushes the toy to the side again, gentler this time and Byulyi lets it go, watching it slip out of her fingers just like any semblance of control she had in this situation. Yongsun moves her knee over Byulyi’s other thigh and crawls upwards so she’s straddling the her. The younger girl’s eyes are still trained on the stuffed animal, as if this is just a normal night, and there isn’t a beautiful woman in her lap. 

“Cute.” Yongsun murmurs smugly, mostly to herself. Of course, Byulyi pretends to not hear her. 

“You’re heavy.” Byulyi complains but she’s shifting them so her bones aren’t digging into Yongsun’s thighs, bringing her hands to Yongsun’s hips to hold her there. 

Yongsun cups Byulyi’s chin with her forefinger, as greasy as she can, and forces Byulyi to make eye contact with her. Before Byulyi can break the moment again with a nervous laugh, Yongsun whispers,

“You know who’s cute?”

Byulyi is about to answer with something like ‘I do know, I’m looking at her’ smooth as ever and Yongsun knows it’s on the tip of her tongue, so she shuts Byulyi up by brushing her thumb up her chin, slips is right past her rosy lips, and presses, arresting Byulyi’s tongue. 

She almost gags from the sudden intruder but Yongsun’s deepening gaze has electrified her, set her nerves all aflame and left her numb and frozen as she lay.

“I’m going to tell you a secret, Byul.” Yongsun leans in slowly as she talks, her voice lowering and Byulyi wishes she could silence the pounding of her heart just to hear those murmurs more clearly. 

“You, are cute.” Yongsun’s breath brushes her cheek. She trails her free hand up Byulyi’s side, around her chest, and combs the sleek, orange hair to the side.. Yongsun brings her lips to Byulyi’s ear and speaks so low Byulyi can hear the vibrations of her voice ringing directly in her skull.

“You are so cute.” Yongsun presses a kiss on her temple and sinks her thumb deeper into Byulyi’s mouth, effectively gagging the girl for real now. 

Yongsun sits up slowly in a way that she knows makes her hair fall perfectly, perfectly in a way she knows Byulyi loves best. Sure enough, Byulyi’s eyes are trained on her the entire way up. Yongsun braces one hand right under the younger girls s and pulls her thumb out.

She feels Byulyi’s teeth tighten around her finger as it slips out and her smug smile spreads wider, the same time she feels her abdomen clench. 

But Yongsun’s gaze softens as she takes in Byulyi totally open, eyes wide and waiting, thumbs softly on her hips, a tongue darting out to wet her lips and, probably, to bait Yongsun into kissing her. 

“You are the cutest in the entire universe.” Yongsun leans down again and she really can’t contain the smile on her lips, even as she’s about to kiss her. Byulyi, to her credit, has come to her senses enough to hum playfully, like she doesn’t believe it still.

“You are cute,” Yongsun whispers against her lips, “And I will show you.”