present

drabbles

“Although sometimes I get annoyed because Byulyi’s bothering me, but her existence is something I will try to find without reason if she is not there, or I will find comfortable if she is there. It is something inexpressible in words. []”

When her alarm blares in the morning, Yongsun only hears it as a muffled wail. She’s too deep in her dreams understand the noise, but it’s getting louder and more agitating. She’s about to turn with a swinging arm to quiet the noise but her hand only makes contact with something soft. The incessant beeping has stopped but it’s replaced with a half-hearted ‘oof’ at her weak punch.

Byulyi is there. She’s standing at the side of the bed, fiddling with Yongsun’s phone despite barely being able to keep her eyes open.

“Unnie it’s Sunday…why so loud?” Byulyi yawns and she finally turns the alarm off snooze. Damned it if cuts into her morning again. She sets the phone down and is about to turn to leave when a heavy hand shoots out of the comforter and grabs her wrist. It tugs her towards the pile of blankets, where a certain pair of eyes are peeking at her expectantly.

Byulyi sighs. “I’m already awake.”

“I’m not.” The blanket voice mumbles, tugging harder.

Byulyi bites her lip and weighs her options. She definitely won’t be able to fall sleep again, and she’s feeling like breakfast, but on the other hand…

Yongsun.

Byulyi grunts and crawls under the blanket. It’s warm, much more so than herself, and when she gets settled under the thick blankets she can feel Yongsun squirm.

Yongsun feels the cold air enter her cocoon when Byulyi lifts the blankets up and when she enters into the bed, her hands and feet are an icy invasion. Yongsun was the one to pull her in, but now she’s debating whether or not the cold hands are worth it.

After as much deliberation as she could handle in her sleep-addled state, she decides she likes Byulyi here with her more than she hates the cold.

When Byulyi pulls the blankets back over, her presence turns from a cold invasion to a nice, cool presence. Yongsun wraps her arms around the other girl and tangles their legs together. Byulyi feels nice.

Fingers begin to comb through Yongsun’s hair and it’s lulling her more back into unconsciousness. Faintly she hears Byulyi ask “Unnie, how long will you sleep?” and she can all but hum before she’s pulled into her dreams again.

It’s their day off, her bed is soft and warm, and Byulyi is there.