#moonsun

drabbles

“‘Nice try Hwabyul but Moonsun still reigns s – ‘”

“BYUL!”

“What?” Byulyi leans back, dodging flying fists.

“Don’t read over my shoulder!” Yongsun lashes, face turning pink in embarrassment and exertion.

“Ok, I’ll read out it directly then.” Byulyi laughs, easily stealing the phone from the Yongsun’s hand and running across the room. Yongsun scrambles after her, falling off the couch while she’s at it, but it’s too late.

“Moonsun tag on Twitter? ‘I love rich moms’, ‘Uhm Miss Moon what do you think you’re doing’ ‘Moonsun is over Hwabyul is thriving’,” Byulyi raises the phone high over her head, pressing against the wall as the shorter woman frantically tries to recapture the device.

“Stop! Give me my phone back!” Yongsun stops jumping and reels back, socking Byulyi hard in the arm.

“Ow! What are you trying to do, give me a matching bruise?” Byulyi tucks into herself, cradling her arm.

“Give me my phone back.” Yongsun says sternly, holding on her hand.

“I was just messing around…” Byuyi returns the phone with a pout. “That actually hurt this time.”

“Yes, well,” Yongsun starts, flustered. She couldn’t exactly explain why she overreacted so hard. She was used to letting Byulyi just look at her phone screen whenever, not like she had anything to hide from her girlfriend. However, there was something extra embarrassing about being caught red-handed, knee-deep in shipping territory, trying to find good pictures of them to save. “I just happened to click on it by accident.”

Byulyi raises an eyebrow. “You just happened to be concentrating so hard you didn’t even hear me walk around you by accident.”

“Well maybe if you weren’t sneaking around I would have noticed!” Yongsun blisters.

I’m sneaking around? I called out to you and you ignored me! Maybe youshould be more aware of your surroundings!” Byulyi bites back, somewhat bewildered that things had escalated to this point.

“Maybe that should be a sign that you shouldn’t bother me then.”

“Fine. I’ll leave you alone then.”

“Fine! Go ahead and leave.”

“Fine. I will. Bye.” Byulyi stomps to the door and slams it after her, a whirlwind fluttering in her wake.

Flushed now for a different reason, Yongsun slumps back against the couch, letting out a long exhale.

“What the hell just happened.”

“What the hell happened to them?” Hyejin nudges Wheein, nodding over to where there is a palpable dip in temperature across the room. Byulyi is in one corner fiddling with her phone, and Yongsun is leaning against the table, staring blankly at the floor.

Wheein shrugs. “I dunno, the usual? Byulie-unnie came over last night because she “missed Ggomo” and we drank.”

Hyejin’s expression falls. “So they’re arguing again.”

Wheein throws her arm over her friend in a side-hug and squeezes. “I don’t think it’ll last. They haven’t thrown anything yet.”

Hyejin looks at them both again, Yongsun still against the table, still as stone, and Byulyi seeming to be refreshing the same app, as if willing it to distract her. The silence is suffocating now that she and Wheein aren’t whispering to each other, and she only has to look forward to three more hours of this.

“I hate it when Mom and Dad fight.” Hyejin sighs.

Wheein shrugs again, sipping her water.

When Yongsun leaves to walk home, Byulyi hurries after her and they make their way in silence. Even when fighting, she really can’t leave her alone. Yongsun knows Byulyi wants to make up with her; she wants to make up with Byulyi too. She thinks, this is probably the stupidest thing they’ve ever fought over.

She should probably apologize first, since Byulyi usually does and it makes her feel bad, but before she can get her thoughts in a line, Byulyi’s arm shoots out to stop her, and she snaps out of her thoughts. The intersection in front of them is busy as ever, and she was about to walk right into oncoming traffic. She looks down at Byulyi’s arm, the one that quietly protected her, and sees a yellow spot where she punched the girl yesterday.

Yongsun reaches up and takes Byulyi’s hand, letting it fall between them and Byulyi looks at her for the first time all day.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

“I’m sorry about yesterday.”

A grin spreads across Byulyi’s face and despite her shame Yongsun can’t help but match it.

“I’m sorry too, Yong.”

The pedestrian light flashes green and they continue walking.

“I’m really sorry about this too.” Yongsun lightly runs her fingers against Byulyi’s faint bruise.

“Ah, this,” Byulyi rolls her arm so they can both see the yellow patch more clearly. “I don’t know if I can forgive this as easily.” She teases.

Yongsun rolls her eyes in good nature. “Please, Moonbyul-sshi, I’ll do anything.”

“Will you kiss me better?” Byulyi tries her luck.

“You? Not your bruise?”

“It’s a mental thing.” Byulyi winks at her and Yongsun fake gags. Byulyi laughs at her expression and Yongsun briefly realizes wow, this was so simple, a warmth fluttering in her chest.

“Actually, I do have request.” Byulyi interrupts her thoughts again. Yongsun looks at her to continue. “Why were you browsing our tag?”

Yongsun chokes on her rising embarrassment but pushes it back down. In light of all her dramatics, Byulyi at least deserved to know.

“I was just…reading.”

“Reading?”

“Reading what they were saying about us. After our stage when we almost, well, you know.”

“Uh-huh…”

“It’s just been a while.” Yongsun tries to excuse herself.

“It’s been a while since…?” Byulyi pries, not quite understanding.

“Since people got super excited by us. Like, Hyejin’s been really happy and flirty with you lately since she got all those food deals and as your real girlfriend I’m feeling a little overshadowed.”

Byulyi stares at here with a blank look, so Yongsun punches her.

Byulyi yelps, even though it didn’t really hurt this time, it was barely even a tap. She starts laughing, finally realizing what Yongsun was getting at. Yongsun was jealous, not even of Hyejin, but of the attention that she wasn’t getting.

“My my, Yong, you are so cute.” She pulls her girlfriend into a hug.

Yongsun pouts, sinking into her arms for a moment before pulling away. She looks Byulyi up and down, peeks over her left and right shoulder to check for people, before tiptoeing slightly to give her a peck on the lips.

“You’re mine.”