Chapter 31

Legends

Immediately when they returned to wall rose, rumours had started circulating about titan shifters and that was in the scouting legion. Erwin had rounded up all the titan shifters, Mikasa, Armin, Jean and Hanji into his office. Ava sat on one of the chairs with Eren and Marco beside her whilst Armin sat beside Erwin. Hanji was on the other side of the commander. Levi stood in the corner of the room observing everything. The other titan shifters were scattered around the room, Jean stood beside Marco whilst Mikasa stood beside Annie.

"Explain" was all Erwin said, he was getting annoyed with Ava withholding all the information they needed. 

"Ugh, there is another empire which is located on the mainland, that is where Zeke, Annie, Reiner, Bertolt, Eren, Marco, Ymir and I are from. We lived there with another race of people the Marleyans, they repressed the Eldians but the only way you got respect was being part of the military and being a person who inherits the power of the titans. I joined the military because Zeke did. At that time, he was my husband and Eren my brother-in-law, we saw what the Marleyans were doing to innocent Eldians, they were killing, torturing, them just for fun so Zeke, the other titan shifters and I used our abilities and we killed them all. After that Zeke proposed an idea to change all the Eldians memory so they believed that he single-hand took down all the Marleyans, he said it was to protect us from any Marley sympathisers but he was lying one by one he collected new children to take our place. He betrayed us, the only members of the original titan shifter are Eren, Zeke and me the rest are dead" Ava explained but before anyone could say anything, Erwin's office door slammed open and the Military Police and Garrison's commanders stormed inside. 

"Erwin we demand an explanation to the rumours of titan shifters" The Military Police Commander shouted.

"The titan shifters are real, all of them except one is in this room, they are human who is able to transform into titans. Currently, there is a rogue titan shifter call the beast titan who is trying to collect all the titan shifting abilities to become a super being. These titan shifters have been assisting us to defeat this shifter who also wants to destroy humanity" Erwin lightly explained, even though he was irritated with Ava for not explaining the situation from the start he did not want to lose the only assets they would have to defeat the beast titan.

"Erwin we should have been informed about these titan shifters from the beginning" Pixis said.

"Why, we would have ended with the scouting legion anyway, that the thing about humans you are all the same, what the best weapons to defeat your enemies" Ava interrupted. 

"How dare you speak to me like that, I am one of your superior commanding officers along with Erwin and Pixis, it does not matter whether I am from another part of the military my status still stands, I should have you punished for dare speaking out of line like that, everything that I say or plan is so much more important than your whole existence" Nile shouted at Ava, Ava's blank facial expression did not alter as she turned to face the Military police commander.

"Is that so Sir, if you can repeat to me what I am saying in my native language than you are more than welcome to share your 'oh so precious' opinion" Ava said, a smirk appeared on Nile's face as he waited for the 'challenge'.

"Bestia titan rapiet tibi membrum a limbo ante vos contigerit, ut ignis, ut arma tua, non in acies periclitaturus vita vestra, nihil vos lateat in Murum Sina deest Livius Legionem tueri te tamen vult arcum usque ad vota et praecepta, vos audeat petere (The beast titan will rip you limb from limb before you have a chance to fire that weapon of yours, you are not on the front lines risking your life, no you stay hidden in Wall Sina wanting the Scouting Legion to protect you yet you want them to bow down to your wishes and commands when you dare ask for it)" Ava said in her native language, all the shifters smirked at the look on Nile's face, Levi smiled as well showing to the shifters that he understood what Ava had said, it seemed that the newest titan shifter had been looking through Pieck's memories to get himself up-to-date with all that had happened over the last few years.

"That is no language we speak here" Nile said confusion was written on his face at the words with had been spoken at him.

"Then your opinion doesn't matter if you are so desperate to understand what I said then hear it is" Ava said.

"The beast titan will rip you limb from limb before you have a chance to fire that weapon of yours, you are not on the front lines risking your life, no you stay hidden in Wall Sina wanting the Scouting Legion to protect you yet you want them to bow down to your wishes and commands when you dare ask for it" All the titan shifter expect Ava and Lexi spoke up.

"I know you have had your fun now Ava but I need you and all the shifters to leave now, I want to speak with the commanders alone" Erwin said, Ava nodded before exiting the room with all the shifters except Levi following after all none of the commanders knew he was a shifter.