Chapter 9

Legends

Levi’s POV

“Levi” Hanji muttered shaking me, I looked down to the ground which had Eren’s name burnt into it, fear flooded through my body as I watched the titan retreat into the distance. It was her, that titan, the one Eren was had talked about.

“It was her, Hanji” I whispered looking over at her with wide eyes.

“What do you mean?” Hanji questioned.

“The first day we meet Eren in his human form, he said there were 7 titan shifters and that one caused fear to both humans and titans, Hanji didn’t you feel it the fear causing through your veins, the fear no one in the scouting legion would feel if they had plenty of experience” I answered.

“Why would she appear now, though?”

“I have no idea, maybe she’s after Eren” I replied.

“But that might mean she’s like Eren, fighting to protect the humans do not destroy them like the Armoured or Colossal titan,” Hanji said.

“I don’t know, that might be a possibility but remember when Eren was with us, whenever he spoke about her, he was praising her but he never gave away too much away from her” I replied before turning away and started to climb up the wall.

“The titan’s gone” I spoke to the garrison captain before walking straight passed him and then getting down the wall. Hanji was following behind me and for once was quiet.

“Oi, four eyes, tomorrow go to the training camp, Eren’s in and find out for once and for all about this female titan shifter” I ordered before climbing onto my horse and headed back to headquarters.

“Levi” Hanji called out.

“What”

“Do you think it’s a good idea for Eren to find out about this titan shifter turning up, we never know whether he has a hidden agenda” Hanji said, I could hear the pain in her voice just by suggesting the idea.

“I know Hanji but we have to, if that means getting information then we have to risk it” I replied.

Eren’s POV

‘Eren’ I opened my eyes and frantically looked around the room for who was calling my name.

‘Eren’  

‘EREN ANSWER ME’ The voice shouted inside my head.

‘Ava is that you?’ I questioned.

‘No, it’s Santa Clause’ Ava replied sarcastically.

‘Yeah, yeah very funny Ava’ I replied.

‘Where are you Eren, I can sense that you’re inside the wall but where I have no idea and how did you get into human territory?’ Ava questioned.

‘Yes I’m inside the human settlement at the training camp for their military, when the first wall fell I helped some humans to get away from the titans but doing so ended up being attacked from behind by a titan and had to return to my human form, then I was pulled by a human military person into a human craft called a boat then was sent to the centre of the new wall’ I replied.

‘Why do I have a feeling there is more to the story than you’re letting on’ Ava teased.

‘Well yeah but it was easy to give you the short version’ I muttered.    

‘Was the military human a handsome male that you brain short circuited and was entering the human’s second wall before it started working again’

‘Shut up’ I shouted a blush covered my face.

‘Awe is Eren embarrassed’

‘Shut up’

“Eren are you alright, you seem a bit flustered,” a voice said. I looked over to see Armin standing beside me; a look of worry covered his face.

“It’s alright Armin, I’m fine just couldn’t sleep so I was remembering some old memories” I replied.

“Okay,” He replied before heading back to his cot.

‘Who was that?’ Ava questioned.

‘Armin Arlert he one of the human cadets here, I also saved him during the fall of their wall, he has become a close friend here along with his other friend Mikasa’ I replied.

‘You’re making friends I’m impressed’ Ava teased again.

‘Where are you anyway’ I asked trying to change the subject.

‘In some forest outside the second wall, I have seemed to intrigue some of the humans when I was looking at the gate’ Ava replied.

‘That can’t be good’ I replied remembering that Commander Erwin wanted to keep things on a down low.

‘Nah, I think most humans categorised me with the abnormal titans’ Ava answered but she seemed to have hesitated during the end.

‘What is it, Ava?’ I questioned.

‘Two humans came down the wall, one was male and the other was female, the male has short black hair and was quite small for a human and the other had dark brown hair and was wearing glasses’ Ava replied.

‘They might have been Captain Levi and Squad Leader Hanji’ I replied.

‘Who’

‘Captain Levi is one of the most experienced and capable soldiers they have in the survey corps, he has his own handpicked squad who he deems worthy. Squad Leader Hanji is a scientist, she experiments of Titan, so humans are able to defend themselves and defeat the titans’ I explained.

‘Eren I have to go, there some titans approaching and I’m in human form, I’ll talk later but I just want to say be careful, I have no idea what these people are like but I believe that they will visit you soon to talk about me’ Ava replied.

‘What do I do?’ I questioned.

‘Tell the truth if you trust these people Eren’ Ava replied before I felt her gone from my mind.

I looked around the room, it was time to get up, and most of the cadets had their uniform on and headed towards the hall to get food. I climbed out of the cot and quickly put my uniform on. Once done I headed towards the door and stepped outside. The words of Ava still rang in my mind I had no idea whether Ava was right or not but now it was making me agitated whether Levi or Miss Hanji would turn up today.

“Eren, what’s wrong you look lost,” A voice said pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked over to see both Armin and Mikasa standing there.

“It’s nothing” I replied before stepping into the hall and collecting my food.

“Are you sure, you know you can talk to us anytime right?" Armin said.

“I know” I answered before giving him a reassuring smile. Breakfast went by quite quickly, no one not even Jean wanted to argue about anything they were saying. I heard the door creak open and in stepped Instructor Shadis.

“Cadet Yeager, Squad Leader Hanji Zoe is here to see you”