Chapter 15

Legends

"You should be ashamed of yourselves trying to run off whilst others are in the room, you swore to give your lives to humanity and after the fight in Trost you are trying to run away like cowards" Nile Dok, Commander of the Military Police said.

"Excuse me sir, I would not say we were running away after all if we were I am quite sure that we would be half way to the other side of Wall Rose by now and I am assuming that you are here because of the attack on Trost, you and Commander Pixis are here to discuss with Commander Smith, considering this is probably information that you would not want other members of the Scouting Legion to overhear then the last thing you would want is myself and my two co-workers to be present now if you will excuse us, sir but some of us have work to do" Ava replied, her face was blank of any emotion as she turned around opened the office door and walked out with Eren and Marco following, she could just here Erwin, Levi and Hanji snicker at her response and the expression which Commander Dok was currently wearing. 

Mikasa and Armin watched as Eren and the two new individuals' one girl and one boy walked out of the Commanders' office not long after the Commander of the Military Police and Garrisons stepped inside. Eren and the other boy looked like they were laughing at something the girl had said, Mikasa felt chills go down her spine at the sight in front of her, she could easily tell that Eren was hiding something and that the boy and girl were completely aware of it.

"Eren" Mikasa said as she ran over to the brunette with Armin behind her.

"Hey Mikasa, Armin, I want you to meet Ava and Marco, they are friends of mine" Eren introduced, Armin stuck his hand out for the others to shake, Marco instantly took Armin's hand whilst giving him a 10 thousand watt smile though Ava was more reluctant like she was analysing everything around her. Mikasa knew that she would have to keep an eye on her. 

"Eren, tell us what happened at Trost, where did you go, we were worried about you, you could have been hurt without my protection" Mikasa demanded.

"Mikasa was it? Eren is not a kid he can protect himself" Ava said but all she received was a glare from Mikasa.

"What happened in Trost Eren?" Mikasa questioned.

"I cannot tell you, Mikasa, it is classified" Eren replied.

"Eren, you scared me when you disappeared, you have the right to own me an explanation" Mikasa snapped.

"Hey Mikasa, calm down you are drawing everyone's attention to you" Armin said trying to calm down his friend. 

Marco watched as everyone in the courtyard turned to face the teens, he felt a little awkward been close to an argument. Marco despised violence but being what he was meant that there was no escape from it, especially after what that... Marco shook his head, he should not think about that right now.

"Oi Mikasa stop shouting, you do not want the commanders to come out of Commander Smith's office to see you causing a ruckus especially with the suicidal bastard" an unfamiliar voice shouted.

"Say that again horse face, I dare you" Eren shouted right back, Marco's eyes were instantly drawn to a young man with spiky, light-brown hair shaved into an undercut style, he has small, intense brown eyes, and was around 175cm tall with and a muscular build. He was wearing the same outfit that Eren, Mikasa and Armin wore.

Marco felt the air leave his body and his heart speed up, the young man was absolutely beautiful. Their eyes connected for a brief second but Marco quickly looked away, he felt his cheeks heat up. Marco could not believe it, someone like him after everything he had been through and what he had still yet to go through, he had fallen in love with a human with just one glance and he did not even know his name after all 'horse face' could not be his actual name.

"Would you too stop arguing, we are in the middle of the scouting legion and you two think it was alright to loudly bicker like children, seriously, Mikasa, what is classified is classified we cannot tell you anything whether we wanted to or not, there is more going on then you understand, now both of you behave" Ava said slapping both of their heads lightly before freezing and taking a deep breath then she sniffed the air, a confused look appeared on her face as she took another sniff.

"What is wrong Ava?" Marco asked.

"Can you smell that?" Ava questioned.

"Smell what?" Eren asked but he got no answer as Ava suddenly took off running with Eren, Marco, Mikasa, Armin and Jean following.

Ava ran towards the nearest town at a fast pace which made the others struggle to keep up with her when they all thought that they were about to lose her, she suddenly stopped. At her feet was a body clawed to death and littered in brown fur.