Chapter 25

Legends

Eren and Marco were walking in silence back to Eren's room, they both hoped that Captain Levi would still be asleep when they returned and Eren would not be lectured about leaving his room whilst still being quite weak.

"Marco can I ask you a question" Eren suddenly said, this had been playing on his mind for some time now and he didn't think Ava was going to be the best person to ask due to her past.

"Sure, what do you need to know?" Marco asked.

"I been having some feelings for Captain Levi and I'm not sure whether they are admiration because he is humanities strongest soldier or if I'm in love with him" Eren answered.

"Okay, tell me what you feel and I will try to tell you what you are feeling" Marco said.

"My heart beats quicker whenever I am with him, whenever he is in the room, I won't look at anyone else. I feel like I'm going to combust when he compliments me" Eren described.

"Eren you are in love" Marco answered.

"...Okay... I better go in alone, I don't want you to be lectured because of my stubbornness" Eren said before walking off. Marco smiled before heading to find his boyfriend, Jean was planning on taking him out on a date.


Ava was sitting in a tree at the scouting legion headquarters, she was trying to avoid everyone. Marco had escorted Eren back to his room before Levi woke up and would have a go at him, though Ava has a feeling that they are going to be unsuccessful. After everything they had been through, Ava always liked to hide herself from the real world and observe everyone who passed her by. She watched as Erwin approached Armin who was reading and pressed a kiss against the blonde's cheek. Armin's cheeks instantly flushed and he walked off to prevent Erwin from embarrassing him more, Erwin just laughed and followed Armin.

Bertolt and Reiner were holding hands and quietly talking to each other, Bertolt moved to rest his head on Reiner's chest. Krista was straddling Ymir's waist and kissing the other girl passionately.

Ava turned her head when she heard someone climbing up the tree then sat beside her, it was Annie.

"Zeke always told us that he had single hand took down Marleyans to save us from their plans, he always said that the Eldians devils were similar to Marleyans because they want to destroy us so we had to act first but before we could fully go after them we had to take down the titan shifters who protected them, he never told us there names because he said that they would have changed from those he once knew but in truth he didn't want us to go after one of them, we could always tell that he was protecting someone and I think that someone was you. But it doesn't explain why he would betray you like that" Annie explained.

"I was his wife" Ava confessed, it was a part of herself that she wished she could forget, being married to that bastard, being in love with him.

"What" Annie said her eyes were wide when she looked over at Ava.

"We knew each other ever since we were children, started dating in our teenage years, his and mine families were happy as they always hoped that we would marry. They kind of rushed through the wedding process as they were desperate but I didn't care because I was going to marry the man I thought I loved. When Zeke joined the military, I followed him, we saw what they did to the other Eldians so we planned to stop them, we brought in the other titan shifters to our plan and we all decided that we were going to destroy all the Marleyans. After we did Zeke came up with a plan to change all the Eldians memories so they all believed that he was the one who took down the Marleyans, he said it was to protect the rest of us from any Marley sympathisers and we all believed him so we never saw it coming. I was pregnant at the time he betrayed me, I hadn't had chance to tell him. I lost the baby when he attacked me" Ava explained.

"He must have still had feelings for you to still protect you in a way" Annie said.

"Maybe" Ava muttered.

"I am going to transfer from the Military Police to the Scouting Legion so I can help you take down Zeke" Annie stated before she stood up and jumped down from the tree branch.

"You should tell Mikasa your feelings, I have never liked her but that doesn't mean neither of you shouldn't be happy" Ava suddenly said.

"I wish it was so simple, Mikasa is not going to love someone who was planning to take down humanity because a man said they were devils and need to be destroyed" Annie stated.

"You never know, she does not know all the details about Zeke or the titan shifters, she doesn't know about the other Eldinas outside the walls, you can never know her true feelings" Ava said. Annie seemed to contemplate what Ava had said before walking off without saying another word.