Chapter 26

Legends

Everyone was sat in Commander Erwin's office, he had called a meeting earlier about some idea he had but he had refused to give anymore information about it. Levi and Hanji were sat either side of Erwin whilst Eren, Ava and Marco were sat in front of him.

"So, you called us here to just sit in silence or are you actually going to tell us this great idea of yours?" Ava asked after getting bored of the silence.

"Yes, I have been planning an expedition to Shiganshina, I believe we could collect information about the attack to see whether we can learn anything about the beast titan, he might have made camp there if he is a titan shifter, to keep away from all the pure titans which would be closer to wall rose" Erwin explained.

"Makes sense, when we came through Wall Maria there was hardly any titans, it would be the best place to stay and he wouldn't run into the scouting legion being that far away" Marco said.

"When are we going on this expedition then?" Eren asked he watched as Levi looked over at him with a pointed look, he had a feeling that he was going to argue with Levi about going on this expedition.

"Today, this is something we need to do sooner than later, I have gotten all the supplies that we will need for the expedition all we need to do now will be to get the soldiers ready and leave" Erwin said.

"I suggest going at night, from my research and from what we have observed they are more dormant at nightfall" Hanji suggested.

"She has a point, titans are normally more dormant at night so there will be a less chance that they would attack" Marco told them.

"Right that settles it, we will leave just before nightfall" Erwin said before dismissing the meeting. Eren quickly headed back to his room to collect the items he will need for the expedition, he knew that Levi was following him to try and talk him out of going. 

"I don't care what you are going to say Captain Levi, I am going on the expedition" Eren said not turning around to face the captain.

"You are weak Eren still recovering from bringing my squad back to life, you need to rest, an expedition is the worst thing you could do right now" Levi argued.

"They are going to need me, I am one of the strongest titan shifters out of all of them accept Ava because I have last longer than thirteen years you are going to need that edge against Zeke who is going to be just as strong maybe even stronger" Eren said before adding "Nothing you say is going to change my mind, I might be weaker but it doesn't mean that I am not strong enough to fight, this is something when you do not bench one of your best warriors, you would not like it if you were injured and were not allowed to fight in potentially one of the greatest battles plus there is a chance that Zeke might not turn up and I will not have to change into my titan form".

Levi opened his mouth to say something else when Eren just picked up what he needed before shaking his head.

"Just don't, you don't know what Zeke is like, you will need everyone you can get to fight him" Eren said before walking out of the room and towards the stables where Ava was waiting.

"Let me guess Levi didn't want you to go" Ava said.

"Yep, he is not stopping me though" Eren said attaching his stuff to his horse.

"That's what you get for having a protective boyfriend" Ava said before she climbed onto her horse and trotted over to the other scouts.

"He's not my boyfriend" Eren muttered before following the female titan shifter. Eren saw Mikasa, Armin and Hanji by Erwin whilst Annie, Reiner and Bertolt stood further back.

"Move out" Erwin commanded as the scouting legion started heading towards the gate.  


Eren and Ava rode beside each other, their eyes were watching to see whether there were any titans coming towards the scouting legion after all the titan shifters were the best defence against the titans than the humans were.

"Ava, Reiner and Bertolt are up to something" Eren said as he watched the two titan shifters disappear into the forest closest to them, the other members of the scouting legion had not seen the two disappear, when Ava and Eren was sure that no one was watching them the pair rode into the forest as well both prepare to fight the colossal and armored titans.

Bertolt and Reiner had stopped moving when they had gotten halfway into the forest, they were waiting for Ava and Eren to arrive.

"What is with the disappearing act?" Eren asked when they caught up with Bertolt and Reiner.

"We needed to talk to you in private" Reiner answered.

"Okay, talk" Ava said.

"It has taken a lot of time and we have spoken with Annie about it, we want to help you take down Zeke" Bertolt replied.

"Wonderful, you could have told us before we left Wall Rose" Eren murmured but before anyone could reply, shivers went down their spines when they heard a blood-curdling scream. 


Author's Note: Hey Guys I have officially finished writing this whole story, YAAY, it's about time as I have been writing this story for over two years now. I am planning on posting a chapter every day until all chapters are posted, I want to thank everyone who has read this story and I hope you enjoy the rest!