Chapter 17

Legends

"Ava were you able to apprehend the individual who killed them" Erwin asked looking over at Ava who was sat on one of the chairs in front of his desk. Armin stood beside Erwin's left side and Levi and Hanji were on his right. Jean, Mikasa, Marco and Eren were also present in the room.

"What makes you think that I disappeared to apprehend the killer?" Ava questioned looking over at Erwin.

"Cadet Ackerman reported that you had gone after an individual whilst waiting for us to come" Erwin stated.

"The body was a distraction, he wanted to get people's attention, he wanted to get our attention" Ava said darkly looking down at the ground, her hands clutched the arms of the chair tightly.

"Who is he?" Armin asked.

"The beast Titan" Marco spat out.

"Who is the beast titan?" Mikasa asked, Erwin's eyes suddenly widened realising that there were three individuals which were not privy to the information about shifters present in the room.

"Cadet Ackerman, Cadet Kirstein would you please leave my office" Erwin ordered.

"But Sir..." Mikasa started but was soon interrupted.

"That is an order Cadet Ackerman" Erwin said sternly. Mikasa shot an annoyed look over at Ava and Erwin before storming out of the room with Jean behind her

"What is the beast titan?" Erwin asked again once Jean and Mikasa had left the room. 

"The beast titan has a distinct, ape-like appearance, its body structure and facial features are like that of a human's, it walks upright like one as well. The beast titan stands at 17 meters in height. Dark fur covers the large majority of its body, with the exception of its face, hands, feet, and torso. The beast titan arms are elongated, with long fingers and fully-functional thumbs. The beast titan possesses a devastating ability to throw objects with great accuracy" Marco explained.

"Capturing it would be extremely hard" Levi stated.

"We could try using strong ropes attached to metal spears to try and capture it whilst being out during an expedition" Armin suggested.

"No mortal will be able to capture something like him" Ava laughed darkly looking over at Armin.

"Actually Ava, I believe the plan which Cadet Arlert has suggested is a wonderful idea to capture one of these types of titans and I believe that we would be able to use it in future expeditions" Erwin defended what Armin had said.

Ava turned her attention from Armin and noticed the way Erwin looked at Armin with both love and lust in his eyes. 

'Really' Ava mouthed over at Erwin who had just realised Ava was staring at him, all Erwin did was give her a small smile and shrugged Ava off before he continued looking at Armin.

"Anyway, this meeting has finished since some people have other ideas" Ava stated staring over at Armin and Erwin. Ava and the others stood before heading off to the door.

"Hey Eren, would I be able to speak with you?" Ava said turning to face the younger boy.

"Sure, what about?" Eren asked looking over at his friend.

"In private would be preferred" Ava said before turning away and walking over to Eren's room at the scouting legion, the footsteps behind her suggested that Eren was following.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Eren asked as he sat down on the bed.

"There is something I have to tell you, it is important, it is about the beast titan. Eren, Zeke is..." Ava started.