Chapter 24

Legends

"Eren and I were apart of Zeke's squad, we watched as the Marleyans killed, and tortured the Eldians so we secretly planned with the other titan shifters to destroy all of the Marleyans once we were successful Zeke went behind our backs and took children on as the 'new warriors', he told us that you were back up just in case we got seriously injured during a battle and needed to pass down our abilities, we all believed him then once we had our back turned he took us one by one, he started to replace us leaving Eren and I to last. You all were our successors. Zeke was successful with all but us somehow Eren lost his memories and I was able to escape" Ava explained.

"Marco and I were turned first, we watched as he attacked the other members of the original squad, being just children, we were all scared so we ran, we split up to prevent Zeke from capturing both of us. I got to Wall Maria and hid in one of the carts of the scouting legion when they were heading back inside the wall" Ymir said.

"How did he betray you?" Annie asked.

Ava stood by the window watching as the Eldians finally took control of Marley now the horrid Marleyans had finally been defeated. Ava could hardly believe that peace was finally here.

"It is beautiful isn't it, watching our people finally being free from years of repression" Zeke said as he walked over to Ava.

"It is hard to believe that we achieved this, all these children can run around happy and not scared of any Marleyans Soldiers hurting them for no reason, it is annoying that we could not spare the Marleyans children as it is their parents' ways which have taught them to be this way but it was too much a risk" Ava said her eyes were still trained on the children playing outside that she didn't see Zeke lift a syringe and then inject it into her neck until it was too late. Ava's vision went blurry and soon she out. 

Zeke picked Ava up and carefully put her over his shoulder before walking down to the Titan Chamber below the military building. Ava woke not long later, she could feel the restraints forcing her in place. She looked down to see Zeke walking around with a child beside him.

'That bastard' Ava thought as she tried to pull on the restraints.

"You shouldn't do that Ava, you could hurt yourself" Zeke said.

"Like you care, so this is what happened to the others then, you betrayed them, you killed your own brother" Ava stated glaring down at Zeke, who continued working. Ava looked over where the restraints were connected to the wall. Zeke was stupid to think that he forgot that Ava was able to use her titan abilities in her human form. Reaching her hand out Ava forced the earth to crumble allowing the mental plate to fall to the ground.

Zeke looked over at Ava when he heard a crash, two metal plates which kept her restrained had fallen. Ava used this opportunity to jump and bite her thumb which allowed her to shift into her titan form. Zeke quickly pushed the child out of the room to prevent them from being killed before he shifted as well. Ava smirked at how easily Zeke had fallen into her trap. She quickly dodged his attacks, when her titan form had it's back to the exit, Ava quickly detached herself from the tissue keeping her connected to her titan form and jumped from its nape. Her titan form stumbled before falling onto Zeke.

Ava took control of the earth once more, making it form as a slide towards the exit. Once Ava was passed the now closed doors, she pressed her hand against the console then used her electricity ability to destroy the circuit forcing the room go into lockdown. After she was sure Zeke wasn't going to be able to escape.

Ava ran from Marley to the area where they use to turn Eldians into titans, Ava slide down the side and continued running. After hours of running Ava was slowly getting tired, she started stumbling before collapsing to the ground, the next thing she remembered was an immense pain as a titan took a bite out of Ava's back. Ava closed her eyes, she had no stamina to transformed and fight, she waited to die but that never happened. Ava slowly sat up, still in pain. She watched as two titan forms fought.

"Eren" Ava muttered when she realised the one Titan was Zeke's brother. He was still alive.

"You are lying" Reiner said.

"You want proof, I'll show you proof" Ava said. 

Ava turned around and pulled up her t-shirt to reveal the titan teeth which were scared into her back, after all these years they had not healed and Ava doubt that they would ever. They would be a constant reminder of the betrayal and her survival. She could hear Annie, Bertolt, Reiner and Ymir gasp at the sight to the marks. Ava lowered her t-shirt back down then turned back to face them, she hoped that now they had seen these marks they would finally, finally stop working with Zeke and help them bring him down for the last time before he tries to destroy the whole of humanity.

"I will help you, Zeke needs to be stopped, if he is left to his own devices he will destroy all that we care about and I am not allowing Krista to be hurt because of this bastard" Ymir said, receiving a small smile from Ava as thanks, everyone there could tell that reliving her past was having a negative effect on her.

"We will have to think about it, we need to work out whether you are lying or Zeke is truly using us" Annie stated before walking off with Reiner and Bertolt behind her.