Chapter 16

Legends

Ava crouched in front of the body, it was a body of a young boy with short dark hair which was swept back, his clothes were severely destroyed showing the blooded claw marks underneath.

“What the hell happened?” Jean questioned looking down at the body.

“He was attacked” Ava replied bluntly.

“Yeah, well I could have figured that out myself, what killed him, an animal considering the amount of brown hair and claw marks” Jean said sarcastically back.

“A cut to the throat was cause of death, the other marks happened post-mortem meaning that whoever killed them did not want it to instantly lead back to them or they did it as a likely warning or to get someone’s attention” Ava explained.

“Post-mortem, you mean someone attacked this boy after he was killed” Armin muttered.

“Yes”

 

“The fur, it looks like…” Marco started then trailed off before whispering so only Ava and Eren would be able to hear “The fur on the beast titan”.

“The beast titan, I always thought that was a myth” Eren muttered looking at Marco shocked.

“No, it is real, we have seen it” Ava replied standing up once more, her eyes were scanning the small crowd which had started to form.

“Blondey, take horse face and Marco go report this attack to the commanders in Commander Erwin’s office” Ava ordered.

“Hey, my name is Jean!” Jean complained as Marco and Armin dragged him in the direction of the Commander’s Smith office where the three commanders were.

“What are we going to do?” Eren asked.

“Wait here until the others return and make sure that no civilians contaminate this crime scene” Ava replied.

 

“How can you be so sure that this was not just a normal animal attack?” Mikasa questioned looking at Ava suspiciously.

“It does not matte…” Ava started but suddenly stopped speaking, her eyes was trained on a figure in the crowd – Zeke aka the beast titan. Ava knew that her eyes did not deceive her, the face of the man who ruined her, Marco’s and Eren’s lives.

“Mikasa, Eren, stay here” Ava ordered before darting off after Zeke who had disappeared into the nearest alleyway. Her eyes searched frantically trying to locate the enemy, she knew he would not run away without trying to antagonise her.

“So, we meet again, my little Ava, did you miss me?” his voice spoke from behind her, Ava turned around quickly silently cursing to herself for not bring a weapon with her.

“Yeager” Ava replied glaring at the man in front of her.

“Ava princess, you never called me that in the past” Zeke said.

“I believe the key word was past in that sentence” Ava snarled back.

“So, you are just going to pretend that everything that happened did not” Zeke stated.

“Well it has worked well so far, so yeah I think I will keep it up”

“You help me destroy our enemy with your amazing abilities, that is not something that you can forget, I suppose that I should apologise for my actions after our enemy was destroyed. I simply forgot how much power you have which could help me defeat these fake eldians. Would you help me destroy these fakes like you did the last time” Zeke said.

“Drop dead, I will never help you again, I will destroy you, you have my word on that” Ava vowed hatred was present in her eyes as she stared at the man in front of her.

“Aww my little Ava, you will fail, and you know it, you could not kill me that night and you will not kill me this time” Zeke said stepping towards her before adding “You do not have the strength to kill me, not after everything we went through”.

“Goodbye my little Ava” Zeke said pulling a knife out from his trousers and lunging towards the defenceless girl, Ava instantly jumped to the side, she could feel as the knife scraped against her skin.

‘I will not be able to defeat him on my own, I need the help of the Scouting Legion as well’ Ava thought to herself before darting back down the alleyways.


Author's Note - Hey Guys, sorry for not updating in such a long time, I have been trying to complete all my assignments. Luckily I if I stay on track, I should complete all my assignments by this time next week and will be able to try and write more.

Again I am really sorry for the lack of update.

~MarvelFanGirl