Chapter 11

Legends

Ava’s POV

I watched quietly as the titans’ claw at the wall, the last couple of years had been quiet but in the air, there was a disturbance. I had warned Eren a while ago to be alert that the Colossal and Armoured Titans may arise again but so far there was nothing.

‘Mistress, there is a build of a titans coming from the west’ Marco another titan shifter said mentally.

‘Kay, according Eren during the Wall Maria incident there was also a build-up of titans, call for reinforcements if the other shifters are planning on re-creating the incident’ I ordered.

‘Yes Ma’am’ Marco replied before walking off.

‘Eren’ I said down the mental link.

‘Hey Ava’

‘I want you to up the look out, for any humans acting strange there has been an increase of titans from the west, they might attempt to attack again’ I informed him.

‘Okay Ava, I heard from Hanji that in a couple of days the scouting legion will be going on an expedition, should I warn them?’ Eren questioned.

‘I would, they might attack knowing that the scouting legion will not be here to defend humanity’ I replied before disconnecting the link just before Marco returned.

‘Message has been sent, they will be here in a couple of days’ Marco said.

‘That’s a close call, if Eren cannot stop the scouting legion from leaving it might just be us against all these titans and maybe the other shifters’ I replied.

 

Eren’s POV

After Ava disappeared from my mind I quickly jumped from the bench I was sitting on having dinner before running out of the mess hall, heading to Instructor Shadis barracks. Once I reached them I hammered on the door, it was not long before an irritated face of the instructors appeared from behind the door.

“What is it Jaeger?” Shadis said.

“I need to speak it Squad Leader Hanji immediately” I shouted.

“Squad Leader Hanji is busy preparing for the expedition, it must wait, now go back to your barracks” Shadis ordered.

“You do not understand it is important” I argued.

“And I said it must wait” Shadis replied before slamming the door in my face.

‘I am going to go myself, this is important’ I silently agreed with myself before taking off in the direction of the entrance to the camp. I noticed Mikasa and Armin trying to catch up with me but I carried on, the could not find out about the shifters not yet anyway.

‘Ava, the instructor at this camp will not allow me to contact the Scouting Legion, I am going on foot to find them’ I informed her.

‘Okay Eren, so far there is not any move from the shifters but more titans are arriving, humanity is not stupid they will start to notice something soon’ Ava replied.

‘Okay, I will contact you when I reach them’ I replied before pulling away from the link.

It took me a couple of hours to reach the nearest town, I could not see any scouts or horses which we could to the main headquarters. I walked towards the busiest market place, I they were leaving maybe the collecting some supplies.

“Eren, what are you going here?” A voice said from behind me, I turned around to see Petra and Oulo.

“Miss Petra, I need to reach squad leader Hanji and Commander Erwin, this is important” I stated.

“Oulo carry on getting supplies I will take Eren to headquarters” Petra said dumping a load of stuff into Oulo arms before dragging me off to her horse.

“It has to be really important, you seemed to have run the whole way here” Petra said helping me to mount her house behind her.

“Instructor Shadis refused to contact you on my behalf and this information cannot wait until after the expedition” I replied as Petra took off.

“It is good to see you again Eren” Petra said.

“It’s good to see you too Petra” I replied.

‘Ava I have met one of the soldiers on Levi Squad she is taking me to the headquarters as we speak’

‘Okay but Eren we are not really speaking are we’ Ava teased.

‘You know what I mean’ I replied before turning my attention to what Petra was talking about.

“Hey Eren, do you ever regret turning yourself in to the scouting legion?” Petra questioned.

“Not really but sometimes I get homesick” I replied. It was not long until we arrived at Headquarters. Levi, Erwin, and Hanji were placing supplies onto the wagons, they noticed the horse coming towards them and looked up to see who it was.

“Hey Eren, if you wanted to say goodbye you could have called” Levi teased while I dismounted from the horse.

“I have been in contact with Ava” I said.

“We probably should take this in private” Erwin said before turning and heading towards his office. Once inside I took a seat next to Hanji in front of the desk.

“What did Ava want?” Erwin questioned.

“There has been an accumulation of titans coming from the west and as we speak more titans are arriving, we believe that the shifters might be planning to do the same that happened five years ago,” I told them.

“Ava also believes that the shifters might be hiding inside the wall meaning they would have full knowledge of what is happening inside the walls and if I was them I would attack again when the main titan defence in the walls were out of the way”

“We will call off the expedition, we cannot risk the safely of the civilians in wall rose” Erwin said a little irritated the all the planning had gone down the drain.

‘Eren would I be able to take over for a few moments’ Ava asked.

‘Sure’

 

Levi’s POV

I turned around to escorted Eren back to his training camp when I noticed his eyes seemed to fade.

“Eren” I said shaking him a little which caught Erwin’s and Hanji’s attention.

“What’s wrong with him” Hanji asked concern filled her voice.

“Nothing” A voice said coming out of Eren’s mouth but it was not his.

“Who are you?” I questioned.

“Ava, I have only taken Eren’s body over from a few moments” The voice said.

“I did not think you could do that” Hanji said excitement beamed in her eyes.

“I do not normally anyway, what I wanted to say is do not completely cancel the expedition more like delay it, if the theory of the shifters is inside the wall or even associates of the shifters find out about the expedition being cancel they might panic and it would be impossible to find out about them” Ava said.

“So, what are we meant to do?” Erwin questioned.

“Easy, delay if for a few days if they have not attacked by the end of the week then you are free to go but if they do then you will be here to protect Trost” Ava replied.

“Why Trost?” I asked.

“There seemed to be a major build-up of titan surrounding the district I would guess that is where the shifters are planning on striking next” Ava said before Eren’s eyes seemed to return to the original colours.