Chapter 22

Legends

Eren slowly opened his eyes, the last thing he remembered was an overwhelming amount of pain then nothing, all his memories before the pain were blurred. Eren could vaguely make out a few figures beside him.

"Ren" Eren heard someone say, the voice sounded familiar but he could not make out who it belonged to.


Levi watched as Eren rubbed his eyes, he did not respond to him when he called Eren's name, Ava did say that Eren might not hear or see him straight away after waking up... if he woke up. Neither Levi or Petra had left Eren's side since they had gotten him back to the scouting legion headquarters, Ava had come to see how he was with Armin but they had to ban Mikasa from the room as she tried to pick fights with anyone who tried to do anything to Eren.

"Captain Levi, Petra" Eren muttered when his vision had gotten into focus and he saw those beside him.

"You are such an idiot brat, risking your life like that, you are a titan shifter much more important than any of the humans on the squad or legion if you die we have a less of a chance of stopping the other titan shifters from destroying humanity. What made you believe that what you did was going to be accepted or allowed by us" Levi lectured him.

"I felt guilty that they died because of me, how do you know what I did?" Eren asked confused. Levi let out a sigh before opening his mouth to explain, he remembered it word to word what Ava had said.

"What the hell has he done?" Levi questioned as he collapsed beside the unconscious boy, he was vaguely aware of movement either side of him but he ignored them, he kept his eyes trained on Eren.

"It's hard to explain but Eren was given an extra ability, the ability to bring people back to life just in case someone he cared about or someone important died but the first and last time he used this power, he nearly died and that was bringing back one person not a whole squad" Ava explained.

"Is he going to survive?" Levi questioned.

"I'm not sure" Ava answered, for the second time in her life, she truly had no idea what was going to happen. 

"Ava explained what you did and for some miracle that you are still somehow alive, I am not leaving your side to make sure that you do not do anything stupid again" Levi stated before dismissing Petra to tell Ava that Eren was finally awake. Eren soon fell back to sleep, he still felt quite weak from bringing the others back to life.

Levi watched Eren sleep with a small smile on his face, he was happy that the brat had not died due to him saving the members of his squad's lives. Levi could feel himself drifting off to sleep as well, he had not done much sleeping lately as he had kept awake to ensure he would be able to lecture the brat the second he woke up. Levi felt his eyes closed and he drifted off into a dreamless sleep.


Levi woke about three hours later with his head rested against Eren's bed and a blanket on his lap. Levi sat up and stretched out. He was a little confused as to when someone had put a blanket on top of him because he was normally a light sleeper so if anyone tried to touch him he would have instantly woken up.

Panic set into his stomach when he realised that Eren was gone.