Chapter 21

Legends

Levi and Ava used their 3DMG to fly through the trees both their blood was running cold, they had no idea what had happened yet at the same time they could imagine the scene that they were going to see. Eren was transformed into his titan form and was currently fighting a retransformed Annie. Levi instantly attacked, severing her legs causing the titan to fall to the floor.

Ava watched in awe at the speed which Levi moved at before she transformed into her titan form and carefully started picking up the dead bodies of Levi's squad. They had tried to defend Eren which Ava was grateful for, they did not deserve to be left behind for the pure titans to eat them. Ava looked up just in time to see Levi, go in for the kill.

"Don't kill her" Ava shouted in her titan form which instantly distracted Levi, giving Annie time to protect her nape. Before Levi was able to question Ava, they saw the blue flare being fired. It was time to retreat. Eren who was still in his titan form walked over to Levi before opening his palm allowing the human to jump on it then they walked away from Annie's slowly recovering body.


When they saw where the rest of the scouting legion, Eren and Ava shed their titan forms and with the help of Levi, carried the dead bodies over. They lay beside the others who lost their lives. Marco was lying in Jean arms on one of the carts still unconscious, Ava ran over to them to make sure that Marco was not lost in his own mind. Both Ava and Eren could feel Reiner and Bertolt's gaze on them but they shook it off, they know for sure that neither the Colossus Titan nor the Armored Titan was going to do anything whilst the scouting legion was still around them.

When Eren noticed that no one was watching him, he started walking over to the dead bodies of Levi's squad. Guilt flooded his system, if they hadn't talked him out of shifting then they would have been alive but no he listened to them, he trusted them and now they were dead because of him. Ava looked over just in time to see what Eren was doing. 

"Eren what are you... no Eren you can't" Ava said, her eyes widened when she realised what the other titan shifter was planning on doing, she ran over hoping that she would be able to stop him.

"I have to" Eren said.

"What is he planning on doing?" Levi questioned but was ignored.

"Eren stop it could kill you" Ava screamed but it was too late. Eren pressed his hand against Petra's chest. His eyes started glowing white. The pain was excruciating but he had to do this. Once Petra was done he moved onto the next member of Levi's squad. Eren collapsed beside Eld, he watched as their chests moved up and down indicating that it had worked. Eren smiled slightly before allowing the darkness to consume him and he fell unconscious.