Chapter 2

Legends

Eren’s POV

I saw a group of humans stop at the end of the path I was walking on. I could tell by the way they sat, they were obviously surprised that a human was outside the wall. The truth is I’m not a human more like half titan, half human or titan-shifter that’s what she calls us. People who can turn into titans.

“Oi, brat what are you doing out here” A hair shorty shouted. I gave him a small smile but before I could reply I heard a branch snap. I saw that the group in front of me also heard it.

“Brat get out of the way” I saw the titan reach for me, I quickly threw myself towards a tree and out of sight. Once I was out of sight I quickly bit my thumb and changed into my titan form. I looked at the humans, they were now spread out. Each of them trying to get to the titan to kill it. I saw it reach for the female, the female didn’t seem to notice and neither had the others.

Flames started to stark around my body as I started running towards the titan before it could reach the female I grabbed hold of nape and started to burn it, this causes severe damage to the titan’s regeneration capabilities. I heard the titan scream in agony before it fell to the floor dead. I looked down to see the female shaking probably since she was nearly killed, I saw an older man walk over to her. The rest of the group was looking at me in shock. I started to back away from the humans whilst raising a hand to cover my nape.

I looked at the black haired human who was the closest to me.

“A titan which knows its own weakness” I heard him mutter, then he said. “Hanji going to be so disappointed that she missed this”

 

Levi’s POV

I noticed that the titan flinched when I said about Hanji. Wait can he understand what I’m saying. I shot one of the cables from my 3d maneuverer gear at the titan trying to get onto it but before I could he grabbed me with his other hand. I heard my squad scream but nothing happened, I didn’t kill me or try to eat me. He just opened the hand in front of his face. I could see that the titan had two different coloured eyes, one ocean green and the other a golden yellow.

As I studied him, he seemed to study me.

“Do you understand what I’m saying?” I questioned.

‘I’m talking to a titan, crap I’m turning into Hanji’ I thought to myself but to my surprise it nodded.

“Can you talk too” I asked but the titan shook its head then I remember that there was the kid.

“Oluo, Petra, Eld, Gunther, split up into two groups and find that kid” I shouted.

“Yes Captain” and then they ran back to their horses before taking off in different directions. I then looked back at the titan.

“Do you have name?” I questioned. I suddenly felt the titan move towards the ground. The titan placed me onto the ground before sitting down. Then he re-picked me up and placed me on his knee. He moved his hand to the ground then in the mud wrote Eren.

“Do all titans have names?” I asked.

I don’t believe so

“Oh, so if titans don’t have names then why do you have one?” I questioned.

Complicated really complicated, do you have a name?

“Yes, my name Levi” I replied.

Levi, it suits you

“Uh… thanks”

Why are you humans doing outside the wall?

“Firstly we call ourselves people not humans and secondly we need to collect gas for our 3d maneuverer gears” I replied.

Okay

“Levi” I heard Erwin shout my name, I looked over to see both Hanji and Erwin heading towards me on their horses. In the corner of my eye I saw Eren started to move his hand upwards.

“Erwin, Hanji stop” I shouted. I noticed a flicker of fear pass through Eren’s eyes, his hand was covering his nape. I then heard gasp. Both Hanji and Erwin stopped moving and started at Eren.

“A titan which knows its own weakness is that even possible” Erwin said in shock. Hanji looked at the titan in awe.

“Eren its okay they won’t hurt you” I said looking up at the 15 meter titan. He looked at me for a while before slowly removing his hand from his nape. I then looked back at Erwin and Hanji.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned.

“We saw Oluo and Petra, they told us that you had ran into a titan and something strange had happened but they never said what so Hanji and I came to investigate” Erwin explained. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I looked up at Eren to see him writing something on the ground.

Levi who are these hu… people

“Oh the male is Commander Erwin Smith in charge of the Scouting Legion and the mad female is Hanji Zoe she is a scientist” I informed him

Okay

“It understands what we say” Hanji said climbing off her horse and running towards Eren and me.

“Yes, and it has a name and his name is Eren” I replied.

“You already named him but Levi that’s my job” Hanji complained.

“No he told me that his name was Eren” I complained back at her before Hanji had a chance to reply, Eren had picked me up again and placed my on the ground before standing up.

“Eren?” I said in a questioning tone. He looked at me before pointing at three titans which were heading in our direction. He then gave a go away gesture before fire started sparking on him and he took off in the direction of the three titans.

“We should do what he said” Erwin said before grabbing a flare and sending the retreat flare into the air. Hanji got back onto her horse, but I turned around to look in the way Eren had gone. Then I noticed on the ground where Eren had once sat was some writing.

We’ll meet again Levi

A small smile crept onto my face for a few second before going back to its normal blank expression. I then turned away got back onto my horse and headed towards the wall. When we reached the wall people from the scouting legion were already there, the outer gate of wall Maria was slowly rising. I found my squad and noticed that the boy we had seen earlier wasn’t with them.

“Where that Brat” I questioned.

“We looked everywhere we could but there was no sign of him, we tried captain we did but then the commander shot the retreat flare up and we had to head back” Petra explained.

I looked back at the titan’s territory and noticed a brown haired titan peeping out of the trees.

‘Eren’ I thought but before I could see for sure if it was him, the gate had fully opened and the scouts were heading back inside the safely of wall Maria.