chapter two

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's so hard for Baekhyun to not laugh. Erasing memories? That's impossible, this girl is no superhero. Other than Joohyuk once telling him he could make any girl fall for him, this is the second most silliest thing he's heard. He isn't the type of person to believe in things like superpowers and aliens, so it's easy to tell that he isn't even one percent close to believing what this girl is telling him.

"I think you must be really drunk. Like I was saying, I'll call you a taxi so just go book a hotel room or something." Baekhyun is about to take out his phone.

"No," the drunk girl grabs on his arm, shaking her head, "are you crazy? I don't have money for that. I'm just going to sleep outside! And mister, why won't you believe me? It's true, I can erase memories! I just..." The next words coming out of are incoherent.

"I'm going crazy here..." Baekhyun mumbles to himself.

"Let's go to your place~" She stands up with him following her suit. "Come on!"

Baekhyun widens his eyes at her. "No, you can't! I don't even know you!"

With nothing left to say, he frantically taps the pin code number for his gate before entering. He slams the gate behind him, his back pressed against it as he pants a few times to calm his nervous heart. If he had been any minute later, this strange girl would have been on his couch already. Baekhyun can't imagine it, seeing a drunk person who he has no clue about, invading in his personal space.

Don't think about it any longer. Baekhyun nods his head, determined to not let thoughts about her pop up in his mind. He enters his house and at the electronic sound of the door being locked, his dog Mongryong comes running to the entrance. Baekhyun grins, reaching his hand out to  his beloved corgi on the head. Mongryong has always been an obedient dog.

Baekhyun walks over to the fridge and opens it. There are a few beer cans inside, bottles of mineral water, a tub of half-eaten ice cream and some side dishes left by his mother during her recent visit. Those side dishes must probably be about a year old. Other than those items, he doesn't have anything else in his fridge. He does have a stash of instant food in his cupboards, but today the only thing he craves for his alcohol. He places the beer cans in his arms before closing the fridge door with his foot and setting them on the table.

Baekhyun pours some pet sports drink in a dog bowl for Mongryong. "Cheers, Mongryong." He holds his beer can up, chugging the cool drink shortly after.

A few minutes later, his first can is empty. Baekhyun admits that it tasted like heaven, but he can't understand why he doesn't feel calm or at ease. He taps his fingers on the table, scanning around his quiet house. It has always been like this   absolute silence. The only other living thing who moves here is Mongryong, and he isn't the type of dog to make much noise. This boring atmosphere makes Baekhyun drift to thoughts of that...

Drunk girl.

He wonders how someone like her is going to manage by herself in that state. There are a lot of things Baekhyun is thinking about, like how dark it's getting outside and it's not like time has stopped either. People are out and about. There are going to be drunk men walking around his neighbourhood at this time. Bad crimes can take place any second, and Baekhyun knows he doesn't want to take any chances, but still this mere reasoning doesn't suffice enough for him to let this stranger in his house.

She did admit she had been evicted today and if Baekhyun can remember her words correctly, she also got scammed by a group of people. He has to make sure to check the validity of this when he gets the chance to talk to her again, but normally what drunk people utter out tends to be the truth. He guess the decision all comes down to him, whether he is willing to let this drunk, broke girl stay out of harms way for a night and possibly save her life.

I mean... she did sound like she was going through a hard time.

"What's going on here?" Baekhyun pushes his second beer aside. "Byun Baekhyun, are you really feeling guilty right now?"

He must be out of his mind.

 

 

Baekhyun swings the door gate open. His eyes look around for the drunk girl, but there's no one like her walking around the area. Where did she go? This has turned out great, he thinks. In the end, he won't have to get involved in anyone's business and that's what he wants. Maybe she sobered up after hanging out in front of his house for abit and got a taxi to a hotel like he suggested.

Just as he is about to close the door, he stops. 

"Hey, I'm down here~"

Squatting down, a short distance away from the gate, is the drunk girl. Oh yeah, that's officially his label for her. Her cheeks are even redder than before this time which is strange because it's not like she downed more alcohol. Baekhyun stares down at the girl judgingly as a corner of his lip twitches in disgust. Darn, why does it have to be him, why does he have to be the one who crosses path with a woman who doesn't seem to act like one?

Baekhyun doesn't say anything to her, but grabs her suitcase and her fallen heels on the ground. He stops in the middle of the entrance, his eyes turning to stare in her half lidded ones which are already on him. 

"Where are you going with my stuff?" She points at her suitcase, standing up. "Mister! If you're trying to scam me then you're messing with the wrong person  "

"I'm not a con artist, damn it." Baekhyun gives her a sharp look which quiets her down. "Come in and follow me. You said you don't have a place to stay at."

"Oh..." is open and after a few seconds of thinking, she nods. "Oh... right..."

"Let's go."

Baekhyun presses the numbers for his passcode, glancing behind him a few times to see if the girl might be peeking. For extra measures, he makes sure to use his body as for cover. He doesn't know why he's doing this since she's drunk and won't remember his code the next morning anyway. But he's already paranoid enough that he's letting a stranger in his house.

The minute he opens the door, she pushes him aside and ente

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter