twenty eight

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One in the morning on a Friday night. Raon is curled up on the couch under a bundle of blankets, eyes glued on the television in the dark. The drama playing in front of her has all her attention. She is watching the re-airing because she was swamped with work a few days before and wasn't able to make in time for the airing.  When the male lead in this drama is dashingly handsome, she can rewatch this drama five more times if she wants to.

Hanyool, Raeun and her mother are away to attend a relative's wedding which she immediately didn't feel like attending with the excuse that she was busy with graphic designing to which earned eyebrow raises from her siblings. Only her mother seemed to be convinced.

At this hour, Raon least expects the doorbell to ring. She thinks it must be her imagination in the beginning and focuses back on the movie, but it rings another time.  She isn't mistaken. Someone really is waiting at her door and she has no idea who. For all she knows, it might be a criminal or drunk person or food delivery she didn't order and she hopes it the last thought.

Mustering up the courage to leave the couch, she slowly walks over to the entrance way where the doorbell rings again and she almost jumps. Her heart stops at the screen of her intercom. It isn't either of the three possibilities she thought about. She can't believe it, not one single bit although this person has his head hung low and she can only see the colour of his hair. Ash-brown, still. His stature, his hand messing his hair, the way he dresses all remind her of one person.

She has so many questions, but she finds herself swiftly opening the door. When she comes face to face with him, silence envelops them and suddenly she forgets all her questions she had been wanting to ask him. 

After one month, seeing him again almost makes her burst into tears. She is fuming at the fact that he is only showing up now. Even at this moment, no explanation as to why he is here escapes from his mouth. He is gazing at her, longing in those mesmerizing orbs of his. Raon's eyes can't help but trail down to stare at his lips in an attempt to avoid his gaze and before she knows it, her lips are slightly parting at the thought of kissing.

Baekhyun brings his hands up to hold her shoulders. He holds her gaze for what feels like the longest time, gently pushing her in until her back is pressed against the wall. The electronic tune sounds as the door closes and the lightbulb above them flickers on. In the midst of him taking off his shoes, Raon feels Baekhyun's hands moving to cup her face, his thumb on her cheek and his other hand behind her head to cushion it from the hardness of the wall.

She knows what is coming next. Closing her eyes, she feels Baekhyun's lips come in contact with hers. The strong smell of alcohol stings her nose, yet she is unable to spare a second of her time to care, not now. His tongue enters until they are mingled together and they resort to a sensual kiss. Raon's lips move in sync with Baekhyun's, responding to his on her upper lip. Raon can't decide where she wants to kiss first and neither can Baekhyun because their kissing feels so frantic as if they think they will never see each other again. 

When Baekhyun pulls away, breathing heavily, a tear falls down his cheek. She reaches to wipe it away and his eyes follow the movement of her hand on his face. 

"Am I dreaming?" Baekhyun sniffs. "It would really if this is all a dream."

"You're not dreaming," Raon reassures him in a soft voice. "I see you drank a lot."

"Because I thought I could drink to forget the whole mess I'm in, to forget you..." Baekhyun sighs, looking down. "And then I drank so much, enough for a group of ten people to make myself so drunk to have no awareness of what I was saying, thinking or doing... but then I realized I missed you even more. Plus, the alcohol made me cry way way more easily like a little ."

"And what makes you think you barging in to my house at one in the morning, drunk and sappy, and pinning me to the wall to kiss me will make me want to forgive you?" She jabs a finger at his chest, establishing some distance between them so Baekhyun will actually realize what he has done wrong. "You really almost destroyed me back there, Baekhyun. I wanted to curse you out but I couldn't, I wanted to blame everything on you but I couldn't. I was thinking about you when I ended my day and when I started it. I don't know what to think now... about you being in front of me like this."

"I'm not asking for you to forgive me. Maybe you won't forgive me after I tell you everything..." Raon isn't sure if it is just her because Byun Baekhyun looks a hundred times more pitiful when he is drunk. 

"You said you'd tell me after a month and now a month's over. When will you tell me everything, Baekhyun?" Raon asks, her heart beats nervously in her chest waiting for his answer. 

"I will, give me two more weeks. Two more weeks is all I need," he mutters, closing some distance between them so that their faces are close again. "I won't hold back then. I'm sorry."

And all R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter