chapter six

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Whose disgusting are we going for this time?" Baekhyun inquires as he settles in to the passenger seat of Joohyuk's sports car.

It's six in the evening, and the sky is dimming earlier than usual today. Night time during winter is longer, anyway.

Taehyung is busy typing something on his computer. Baekhyun finds it strange that the younger boy is tagging along because, doesn't he have morning classes tomorrow? Before he has the chance to ask though, Joohyuk fills him in on the job.

"Club Nova at Itaewon. You're going to pretend to be Yang Yoseob, the owner of Double Y Breweries." Joohyuk passes him a fake business card. "You're a Korean born in Beijing, you'll be meeting the owner of Club Nova tonight. I'm your secretary, of course. Apparently, this sicko, Kim Hyesung, has a secret underground floor in the club for his prostitues. But those girls can't say anything cause they're powerless against him."

Baekhyun frowns in absolute disgust. To think that humans this low are capable of existing in this world make him sick in his stomach. Hearing Joohyuk tell him more about this Kim Hyesung person... he's only getting more eager to catch him off guard. 

"What deal did you make with him?"

"Oh, you know. I told him the prostitues in China are beautiful, and he was interested. Two billion won, he wants two of them for that price."

"We don't have any prostitues to give him."

Joohyuk grins. "That guy's pretty gullible. I told him the girls will be on their way to Korea for him, he's going to hand us the money first. He must think highly of you already. As for the girls, what do you want to do, Baek? Do you want one of them for yourself?"

"No, are you ing kidding with me now, Nam Joohyuk? I'm not in the mood for your jokes." Baekhyun closes his eyes, resting his head back on the headrest of his seat. "Just leave them, we'll take the money and go."

"Okay, whatever you want." Joohyuk doesn't suggest saving a few of the girls, just nods once, blank eyes focused on the road.

"Why's Taehyung here?" Baekhyun turns around where Taehyung lifts his eyes from the screen of his laptop.

"I have to make a fake website for your company, and I also have to act as the receptionist for your office, if he ever calls. I also have to make sure the security cameras don't work while you're there, so I'm pretty important for this."

Baekhyun hums knowingly. Joohyuk makes a left turn and countless pubs and nightclubs come in to view. Women are dressed in minimal clothing under their coats, hurrying in little groups to have some fun. Some men are dressed in suits while the other half are in normal winter wear. There are a considerable number of foreigners walking the streets too. The place is bustling with life already.

 

 

They are ready to go when Taehyung is sure that all the security cameras in the club have been disabled. Loud, techno music floods in Baekhyun's ears the minute he steps in Club Nova. It's the typical scene in a club; people bounching and dancing to the beat, sharing drinks at the nearby lounge near the neon dancefloor, the DJ up on the stage working magic on the turntable. Baekhyun is used to this atmosphere so he just glances at these people for a second as he follows Joohyuk deeper in to the club.

They arrive, before a stretch of doors painted blood red. The lighting in this hallway is dim and from here the music has become a mere faraway sound.

Baekhyun s the first three buttons of his white dress shirt before they stop in front of the door at the end of the hallway. There's a shining golden crown on the door, a symbol of the king and power. Kim Hyesung must be here.

"He's in there. Wanna go first?" Joohyuk knocks a few times. His hand rests on the doorknob, twisting it and pushing it open.

Baekhyun steps in the room. There's a black leather couch against the wall with a table in front of it with ice buckets of whiskey. The room is filled with blue lighting. A man is on the couch, arms around the waists of two girls who are all over him. There's a disgusting smile of pleasure on his face when he whispers so closely in their ears and send them giggling.

"Mr. Yang? Is that you?" The man stands up, walking to him. Baekhyun thinks he doesn't score quite high on looks with those big lips that look like they've been stung by wasps. His face is relaxed, heavy eyelids, lips curved up in a smirk; he must be a little tipsy from the alcohol. Baekhyun only nods his head to confirm that he is indeed the Mr. Yang he has made a deal with.

Kim Hyesung holds out a hand, and Baekhyun thinks that hand has probably been to places.

"Of course, Mr. Kim. It's going to be great doing business with you." Baekhyun smiles, taking his outstretched hand. "We should get to know each other and I'll get on to the details of the girls from China you have chosen."

This is going to be one long night.

 

 

Kim Hyesung is wasted and passed out on the floor at ten, a time too early for a man his age to be sleeping. Baekhyun slides the man's wallet off the table, opening it and taking all the fifty thousand won notes. Who on earth fills their wallet with cash if they know they're going to get drunk? He raises his head to look at the two girls who are quiet and unsure of what to do now that the man who owns them is unmoving on the ground. He's not dead, just drunk. But Baekhyun would be obliged to kill him if allowed to.

Everything went smoothly. Baekhyun's plan was to get the man as drunk as possible and he was lucky that Kim Hyesung was accepted each glass of alcohol that he had poured for him. The girls beside him must have caught on what he was trying to do, but they didn't say anything about it even as Baekhyun was still calling for more whiskey when the other male was in the state where what he said was incoherent.

"Hyung, let's go." Joohyuk grabs the aluminium suitcase sitting on the table.

"Is it true that there's more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter