fourteen

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Raon isn't sure what she should be more worried about first. She should set her priorities straight, isn't it obvious that she is putting her  safety at stake here by getting herself embroiled with con artists? She needs to make sure she doesn't shed a single drop of blood by the end of all this, but she can't picture herself thinking about that now. Her thoughts are busy wondering if Baekhyun is still in one piece. Her eyes, searching all over for him.

Joohyuk glances over at the girl and noticing the state she is in, he places a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Woah, Raon. There's no need to be so tensed up. Baekhyun is fine, Taehyung just texted us and he's got a drone tailing him. They're coming now, so we have to get ready."

Okay, Baekhyun's fine. That's a good thing. She can't help but sigh in relief. He's always the one who makes a fuss over things being dangerous and emphasies safety, so he better not be the one ending up getting hurt.

As they are hidden behind a stack of shipment containers, silently observing the cars in which the men will leave in, Raon is suddenly overcome with a rush of anger when she sees a familiar face getting out of the car. Park Jinyoung. That scumbag, along with Im Jaebum, are the ones responsible for taking all her hard earned money from her. They probably have never considered her situation, the suffering they put her in. Con artists never have time to care, these are trivial matters to them. Ruining a thousand people's lives will never affect them the slightest, that's what Raon has always believed.

"I got a great idea, we can pretend to be siblings!" Joohyuk suggests.

"Got is, so can we go now?"

"Uhm," Joohyuk checks his phone, expecting to see updates from Taehyung, "Baekhyun is coming witht he money, he needs a distraction right now. Okay, let's go. Raon, you know the plan Yah, Raon?"

"Park Jinyoung..." Raon says through gritted teeth, making fast steps over to a nonchalant Jinyoung. "I'm going to show him."

Jinyoung looks up, eyes widening, a string of cusses coming out of his mouth at the sight of Raon. "What the hell are you doing here?!" He backs away, he can still remember what had befallen upon Jaebum when he messed with her. "Don't come near me! If you're here for your money, I don't have it. You'll have to ask the boss about that."

"Then where the hell is your boss?" Raon glares at him.

"Wherever our boss might be is none of your damn business." He growls. "Why don't you just run along now before you regret it?"

"It very much is my business since he scammed me, along with you!"

Joohyuk approaches the two of them, glancing at Jinyoung for a short while and he is relieved to find that the latter does not recognise him. He must only be aware of who Baekhyun is. He lets out an awkward laugh as he scratches the back of her head. "Sorry, forgive my sister for being so rude. We were hanging out around here since the fresh air's nice. She must have mistaken you for someone else. Right, noona?"

Raon feels the boy nudge her side, but she isn't doesn't want to budge. Joohyuk, just play along with me on this. "I'm not mistaken. I don't forget faces that easily, especially faces of scumbags like you."

Every word out of seems to make Jinyoung's eye twitch even more. "I cannot believe I'm letting someone insult me like this. Look, you were the naive girl during that deal. If anyone's made the mistake here, it's you. I guess you need to work on those observation skills a bit more next time. Who knows? You might get conned again and then you'll only have yourself to blame."

"Wait, what do you mean?" Joohyuk initiates acting his clueless brother role. "Did you scam my sister?!"

Raon takes a step closer.

"Come nearer, I dare you. Erase my memories, like what you did to Jaebum, you can try to do that," Jinyoung smirks, reaching for the back of his pocket. "I can let you see your life flashing right before your eyes in a few seconds."

 

 

Baekhyun almost drops the briefcase when he sees a spectacle in front of him, much like something one witnesses in an action movie. He can't quite assume what sort of diction and decisions might have crossed Park Jinyoung's mind to want to point a gun at Raon. The girls words must have been so strong for his tiny heart to handle. He notices Joohyuk not moving an inch, suddenly the ''clueless friend'' has gotten involved in this too. The possibility of Jinyoung pulling the trigger is more likely than him wanting to let them go.

The sight of that gun... Baekhyun swears if that gets any closer to Raon's head... He is surprised that the girl is keeping her calm about it and not bawling her eyes out, begging for forgiveness. It does remind him of his reaction when he had the same weapon pointed to his head. He had appeared unfazed by it, but deep down he was praying to every God he knew for a miracle that would free him.

What are the chances of a miracle now? Baekhyun sighs. For the first time in a while in his career, he doesn't know what to do. As a con artist, he has never missed working out a solution for the worst outcome in his schemes. During the time he was under Yunho's wing, things were so much more easy that he used to think he would never face a dilemma and after that incident, thinking of the worst has become a habit.

The worst outcome is death I can't die, there's still so many corrupt s in this society who need to learn a lesson Baekhyun frowns, turning to the empty, unguarded area he can use as an escape route since everyone has their attention averted. Then, he stares at Joohyuk and Raon and at the same time, he can see her searching for someone; him.

Run.

With the briefcase tightly held one hand, Baekhyun runs. He sprints past the men, jumping on the hood of the car before delivering a high kick to Jinyoung square in the face. The gun goes flying out of his grip, into the air and thudding on the ground. Baekhyun runs over to Joohyuk, shoving the aluminium briefcase to him.

Baekhyun holds both of Joohyuk's arms, looking at him with desperate eyes, lips pressed in a firm line. "Go, you need to go now. I'll go get Raon, so take the money and make sure to be safe. I need to go get Raon."

Joohyuk gulps, nodding. "I'll head over to Taehyung first."

"AISH! What are you idiots doing? The money, those bastards are running away with the money!" Jinyoung groans, cupping his aching face. All of a sudden, he is lifted by the collar of his jacket.

Half of the men chase after Joohyuk. Baekhyun is left with the other half to deal with. Now should be a great time to polish up on his rusty combat skills. But amidst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter