thirty one

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Raon decides on their plans for the whole day. Baekhyun doesn't mind whatever they do, since he is satisfied as long as he can spend time with her. So when he presses his girlfriend on revealing her plans, she tells him that instead of walking around on the bustling streets holding hands, that they should go somewhere without a person in sight.

Baekhyun is eager to make that happen, but he regrets that he didn't drive his car here or they could have zoomed off immediately to somewhere faraway from the city. He has to make do with his quick-thinking and thankfully, he knows a spot around this area rarely frequented by people. He looks at his girlfriend with a playful glimmer in his eyes.

"What? You know somewhere?" Raon asks him, anticipating. 

"Yeah, just trust me and follow my lead," Baekhyun answers simply as he intertwines their fingers together.

"Huh?" She cuts his path to face him and he stops. "And you're not going to tell me where it is?"

"If I tell you where it is, and what we have to do to get there, I don't think you'd want to go anymore," Baekhyun remembers the last time Taehyung brought Joohyuk and him up there. It felt like they were climbing steep uphills for an eternity. 

"I bet it involves a lot of walking... and climbing..." Raon guesses, and it is surprisingly spot on. 

When Baekhyun nods, her back hunches and she hangs her head low so that her long hair shields her face like a curtain. He clears his throat to hold back his laughter. He tugs at her hand with no fruitful results, as if her feet are permanently glued to the pavement. Baekhyun pulls a little harder this time, causing the top of Raon's bent head to bump in to his chest. She still doesn't raise her head. 

"Jeon Raon, are you a kid? A six year old stuck in the body of twenty six year old woman?" Baekhyun tips her head upwards with his free hand. 

"Yes, now leave me alone," she frowns, avoiding eye contact with him.

Looking at her, Baekhyun clicks his tongue. "Come on, we're going to buy snacks."

"Really?" She grins and Baekhyun can't believed snacks make her smile more than being with him. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's goooo!" She pulls him along with a sudden burst of energy.

"If you had to abandon me for a lifetime supply of snacks, would you?" Baekhyun asks as he is getting dragged to the nearest convenience store. 

"What kind of question is that?" Raon rolls her eyes, yet she finds herself thinking it through. "Hmmm, well..."

Baekhyun gasps, thumping his chest with his fist. "I can't believe you're thinking about it. I'm seriously heartbroken. You might as well erase my memory of me asking you that question and your response as well." Childishly, he lets go of their hands to cross his arms and turn away. 

"I was just joking, Baekhyun," Raon laughs, peering at his pouty expression with a smile still plastered on her face. She holds his face in her hands, bringing it down so she can peck his cheek.

Baekhyun puffs his chest up and raises his shoulders, telling her resoultely. "What snacks do you want? I'll buy everything off the shelf."

 

 

The sun begins to set over the horizon and the city is soon shrouded under a colourful evening palette of colours. Fortunately, there's no one at the viewing spot today, so Baekhyun and Raon get the opportunity to enjoy overlooking the view by themselves. With a mat placed on the grass and snacks sprawled over the place, they take in the beauty of the sunset. They spend what feels like forever talking about everything, from their first impressions of each other to their favourite colours, yet their time together never seems to be enough. 

Baekhyun lies flat on his back after having eaten a bit too many snacks. He spreads out his left arm, but his girlfriend is too occupied staring at the city lights. He tugs her arm lightly and Raon turns around, her eyes shifting down to her boyfriend.

"What? Want more snacks?" She smirks, nearing the open bag of chips to him. 

"Yah," Baekhyun pushes the bag of chips away, "you're so unromantic..."

"I was just joking," Raon holds on to his arm.

Baekhyun turns away from her, sulking. He can't believe what he's doing, a twenty six year old guy like him acting childish in front of his girlfriend, but strangely he feels good about it.  Raon is the only woman who will ever get to see this side of him. For the longest time he always kept to himself and thought that he had to put up this aloof facade forever because of how merciless the con artist world could be once you let your guard down. He doesn't remember when he last lived a normal life.

"Still..." Baekhyun grumbles, jutting out his lower lip.

A soft laugh escapes her, and Baekhyun's heart starts to flutter. It's almost as if Raon's laugh has been sprinkled with fairy dust and he is experiencing the after effects. However, Baekhyun is still resolute and tries his hardest to not give in. 

He suddenly feels hands cup his face. Raon turns his head to face her. Baekhyun widens his eyes when he finds their lips inches apart. He doesn't know why he feels so anxious when he has kissed her before.

"I love you, Baekhyun," Raon looks at him, eyes sparkling under the moonlight. 

"I love you too," Baekhyun replies in a whisper as he raises a hand to cup the side of her face. 

Raon pulls him closer and closer, until the gap between their lips is sealed. Baekhyun moves his hand to the back of her head before gently laying her down. Her grip tightens on the collar of his shirt as their kiss becomes more passionate. He tangles his fingers in her hair and she moans at his delicate touch, they wonder how long they have been longing for each other. Just the touch of her makes him crazy. 

Baekhyun pulls away first to look at her. When they see each other panting, their chests heaving up and down, they laugh. Baekhyun moves to lay on his side next to Raon, taking in every little detail about her. 

"I'd give up anything to protect you, Jeon Raon," he smiles, running his thumb across her cheek. "I used to live my life in vain, but now I'm scared."

"Scared of what?" She stares at him, waiting for an answer and searching his eyes at the same time.

"I'm scared of the possibility of losing someone," Baekhyun pulls in closer to her until their the tips of their noses touch. "You."

Before she can say anything, he kisses her again. Under a picturesque night sky, Baekhyun doesn't want to spoil the mood by saying anything unnecessary. After tonight, their relationship might never be the same again. Baekhyun plans to destroy Yunho and by doing so, he may be putting everything on the line. He is going to reveal everything about his crimes, the last thing he wants is for the woman he loves to get involved in this mess or be used as a weakness by his enemies against him.

If I could make just one and only one wish right now, please don't let Raon forgive me. A con artist is still a con artist. If you deem it right, bring down your greatest punishment on me.

 

 

"You're actually crazy," Joohyuk checks himself in the mirror of the lift they are in. "When you told me to schedule a meeting with my uncle, I didn't know you were serious. Yet, here we are. Taehyung-ah, you should take off those headphones."

Taehyung ignores Joohyuk and plays with his phone instead, mumbling. "Why are you complaining, hyung? You were the most pumped up one about exposing Yunho. You're getting scared and regretting now?"

"Wow. Is it just me or is it suddenly getitng really hot in here?" Joohyuk clenches his fist, looking at Baekhyun. "Hyung, can you do something abou this brat? I should teach you a thing or two about respecting your elders. You're just lucky Baekhyun and I crossed paths with you on that day   "

"Shut up, we're here," Baekhyun glares at Joohyuk, who motions that his lips have been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter