twenty three

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun, I'm going to move out."

"What?"

Baekhyun was shocked when his girlfriend came up to him a few weeks ago to tell him that. He sweared that his heart momentarily stopped beating, he wondered if this was her way of saying that she wanted to break up. She had no idea he'd been holding his breath for the whole time waiting for her to say her next words.

His tense expression made her break out into laughter. She assured him that she would never break up with him and that it was simply because she wanted to move out because if she kept postponing it she knew she would never end up moving. Baekhyun had to agree on that point and as much he was heartbroken, and still is at her departure from his house which she called her home for the past four months, he has to it up. He can't show how childishly upset he is at her decision because at the end of the day he is still one of the best con artists in this country.

Tomorrow, she is going to be moving out for real. Baekhyun leans against the door frame of her room that is going to be vacant tomorrow. She has her clothes packed in the luggage she had with her with the first time they crossed paths. In some other boxes there are books that Baekhyun decided to give her on graphic design (he never knew he had these books), her shoes and some house utensils. 

He presses his cheek against the door while he observes her sketching at her desk. Do you really have to go? Can't you stay just a little bit longer? He wants to ask, but instead he murmurs to himself, making sure that he is audible enough to be heard by her. "This house sure is going to be empty." He averts his eyes to Raon who has stopped whatever she is doing to stare at him. "You know I'm going to miss you. Mongryong will too." He reasons.

"It's not like I'm going abroad," she shakes her head at him with a smile. "You'll be fine, Baekhyun. You've lived by yourself for years now, just live like how you lived four months ago, before I ever appeared in front of you."

"So you mean you want me to go back to having an empty fridge and me living on instant noodles?" She gives him a warning look, she's probably going to punish him if he ever returns to that lifestyle. "Okay, I'm joking. I'll eat properly."

"I'm going to visit you often and I'm going to check your fridge everytime I visit," she declares. 

"Are you checking it for my sake or because you want to make sure I buy all your favourite snacks when you come over?" 

"Both~" She grins and Baekhyun laughs at her adorable response before she asks him, "are you going out?"

Baekhyun bobs his head up and down. "I have to meet with someone. When I get back, let's have dinner together? It won't take long."

"Got it, drive safe," Raon waves. 

Baekhyun blows her a flying kiss that she pretends to catch in her hands. He smiles, but once he has his back turned to the door his face is serious and void of any joy. He checks the message on his phone from Yunho saying that he wants to meet in thirty minutes. This is great, I have things I need to ask him too.

 

 

Yunho arranges for them to meet at Hexagon. It has been awhile since Baekhyun has stepped foot here. Not the people dancing, grinding against each other, the deafening music being played by Yixing on the stage, the flirtatious natures of the majority of girls and guys here; all of it has become unfamiliar. At the end of the hallway of the entrance leading inside the club, a couple passes him by. The guy has his arm around the girl's waist as he whispers and slurs drunkenly in her ear, eliciting soft laughter from her. Baekhyun scrutinizes them, especially the guy's behaviour. His mood turns bitter once he recalls that he was exactly like that before he met Raon. 

He avoids the dance floor as usual, walking towards the bar where he will be able to climb the stairs leading to the second floor. The private, exclusive rooms are located there. The regulars to the club recognise him the moment he walks in. Baekhyun can hear them talk about him over the music as he brushes past them without sparing a glance. He isn't here for the sake of fulfilling his bad boy image. 

"Hey, isn't that Byun Baekhyun? What is he doing here?" One person shouts.

"I heard he got a girlfriend! They must have broken up!"

"Someone get Mijin over here!"

Shut the up. Baekhyun breathes in deeply. 

He happens to bump in to Minseok on the second floor, who notices him first and calls out his name with an elated smile on his face. 

"Hey hyung," Baekhyun holds a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter