chapter three

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Raon can't believe the thought of Baekhyun being a likeable guy crossed her mind. This contemptuous jerk is the complete opposite of likeable! She hopes that the glare she is shooting at him now is secretly intimidating him. How can he just insult her like that? It's not like he's known her for a few years and he hasn't the slightest idea of what she's been through the past few days   absolute hell.

Don't even get her started on what happened.

She was scammed by two men a few days ago. For six years she'd been saving up money to buy a penthouse in Gangnam or Cheongdamdong so her family could move out of their shabby two room flat. She worked her off as a graphic designer for one of Seoul's leading gaming company, Daebak Soft. The sleepless nights, the hard work she put in, all of that went down the drain when she handed the one hundred million won deposit in full cash to those crooks. She hadn't even finished coping with all of that. Then a few days later, her landlady came up to her with three words. Rent. Overdue. Out.

It's a little embarrassing for Raon to admit, but she has erased her landlady's memory a couple of times for the sake of saving her broke . She was about to do it again that day, but she was nowhere close to the amount for rent so she decided to let the elderly woman evict her. She couldn't keep it up forever, it wasn't right anyway and her landlady was already quite forgetful.

Of course, she couldn't erase her own memories. The only solution for her to forget was to drink so she did and then she must have cried so hard the owner of the restaurant kicked her out. The restaurant was close to Baekhyun's neighbourhood, so that must have been how she happened to end up here. But eventhough he gave her a place to stay, he seems to be regretting his actions now. He's still glaring at her, his eyes giving her the message that she isn't welcome.

This Baekhyun guy is making her hate life a lot more.

"Fine, I'm going to go now. It would be pointless if I told you what made me the way I was yesterday, so goodbye." Raon turns around.

"Do you even have anywhere to go?" Baekhyun lightly kicks her suitcase. "You got evicted, right?"

Raon doesn't reply to him, she's still harbouring negative feelings. She's going to stay at her mom's place. Even if the whole world seems to be against her, she knows her family will never turn her away. This jerk doesn't need to know about it though. She huffs and opens the door before she can hear someone ringing the doorbell of the house. She can see two people outside too dressed in police uniforms... Is that a police car?

Raon doesn't have the time to take a closer look because she feels someone grabbing her arm, pulling her back inside the house. Baekhyun pulls her in front of him and this time his eyes aren't filled with hatred, it's a mix of other emotions. He looks around the house as he places a finger to his lips to shush her before she can ask him any questions. The doorbell sounds again. His eyes are getting darker.

"What, you got something to do with the police?" Raon whispers, glancing to the closed door with wide eyes. "Looks like I'm not the only troublemaker around here. What are you in trouble for?" She cups her hand in a cylinder and pretends to take imaginary shots. "Drinking and driving? Or did you fight?"

"Damn it. It's something like that." Baekhyun bites on his lip. "They know someone's here so there's no way they're leaving so soon."

Raon nods knowingly and reaches for the door handle. 

"Yah, you! What do you think you're doing?"

"It's not 'yah', my name's Jeon Raon. You said you saved my life, I'm going to return the favour. I'll make them leave in a few minutes." She gives him a smile of reassurance before heading out. 

She opens the front gate to be greeted by one middle-aged police officers and a younger looking one in his late twenties with their hands on their waists while eyeing the building behind her. They're surprised when they find her answering the door instead of the name scribbled on the notepad in one of the officer's hands.

"Good morning. Looking for someone, officers?"

"Do you live here?" The middle-aged man asks, impatient.

The younger one obviously has more etiquette and responds to her. "Good morning miss, we were wondering if a Byun Baek  "

"Oh! How rude of me! You see, I like to shake hands when I meet people, so..." Raon sticks both of her hands out with an innocent smile on her face.

The two men look at each other, almost hesitant, but they know they can't refuse when being offered such a friendly gesture. They take Raon's hands, but she doesn't release them. Instead, she closes her eyes and squeezes them tight. The men are in a trance for a few seconds and their memories are flashing through her mind. Raon lets go and hides her hands behind her back as she waits for her magic to work. 

"I think you gentleman have come to the wrong house." She tells the men who are still blankly staring off.

One officer snaps out of it first, a bit dazed. "Are we? Let's see here, we're looking for..."

In a swift motion, Raon takes the notepad away from the officer. Like she predicted, Baekhyun's name is written on the page he was about to look at. She scribbles over the name with a pen, making sure the slightest Hangul character is unreadable. She even tears the page out for good measure.

"You said you were looking for Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter