twenty

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raon has been staying with Baekhyun for a little over three months, which reminds him that he should find her a penthouse soon, as much as he wishes for his house to become theirs. Their relationship has been sailing smoothly, like a ship on calm waters. Joohyuk and Taehyung know they're dating now too because at some point, they were caught kissing at the doorway of Baekhyun's place after an outing and Joohyuk had left something so he had casually keyed Baekhyun's passcode. Needless to say, he screamed the moment he stepped inside, but he kind of figured this would happen.

Raon hasn't brought up anything about his work. She isn't curious about why he is sometimes gone for the whole morning, or gone for the whole night, but perhaps it is because she is too preoccupied with work at Daebak Soft. Baekhyun is busy too, the corrupt part of the upper class have been active lately. He's been getting emails for deals with his 'business', from what Taehyung had informed him the other day.

Baekhyun hasn't seen Woobin for the past month. He wants to convince himself that it is a good thing, but Kim Woobin might be planning something behind his back. He might be waiting for the moment when Baekhyun's guard is down, so he isn't planning to rest easy for the moment. Another thing that Baekhyun can't seem to brush off is his nightmare. Since that happened, he has been on edge. Six years ago. What the hell happened six years ago and why can't he remember anything at all?

"Hey, do you remember anything important from six years ago?" Baekhyun brings up to Joohyuk who is preoccupied with a game on his phone to look up at him.

"Huh?" Joohyuk creases his eyebrows together, slanting his hands and leaning to his right. "That was such a long time ago. A lot happens in the span of three hundred and sixty five days, hyung."

"Exactly, I know, but I..." Baekhyun bites on his tongue to stop himself.

The music in the Japanese restaurant they are eating in fills the absence of Baekhyun's voice. Taehyung opens his mouth to place a fairly large california roll in his mouth while staring at him. Baekhyun silently reaches for some sashimi in the middle of the table, stone-faced. He hopes that his two friends won't notice that there are things he isn't wanting to tell them.

Thankfully, Joohyuk casually brings up another topic to talk about. "You know my dad told me he saw your dad wearing new clothes."

"What? No way," Baekhyun thinks that Joohyuk must be joking. It has been so long since his father has bought new clothes for himself.

"It's true! I'm telling you that's what my dad told me. I wonder why uncle Byun is acting like that..." Joohyuk rubs his chin. "My dad must have told him about you having a girlfriend."

At this, Baekhyun almost chokes on his food. "Excuse me? You told him what now?"

"I mean, I had to!" Joohyuk frowns, picking at his food with his chopsticks. "There's still tension between you and your dad, isn't there? Think about your mom being caught up in this. I think it's time for you to resolve this, hyung. And Raon can help you. Pay your parents another visit with her."

"Everything's fine. Worry about yourself, Nam Joohyuk," Baekhyun huffs, but takes his words in to consideration. Bringing Raon to meet his parents won't be too rushed, will it?

"Maybe you'll see a change if you bring her, I'm just saying. You're their only son, after all," Joohyuk shrugs.

 

 

 

Baekhyun doesn't expect to see two strangers standing outside his home when he arrives. He parks his car outside and gets out, making his way over to them. It is a boy, wearing a yellow school uniform, along with another girl dressed in casual wear, a navy coat and skinny slacks. The boy stands on his tip toes as he tries to peek over the walls of Baekhyun's house before sighing in frustration and whining to the girl beside him.

"Are you really sure this is where she lives?"

"Yeah, this is the exact address she told me! Noona, what do you think if we sneak in?"

"Yah, are you crazy? Just ring the doorbell again."

Baekhyun approaches them slowly. "Who are you guys?"

The both of them turn to greet him with the same pair of wide eyes. There is something about the way they look, it reminds him of somebody. 

"Who are you? Do you live here?" The boy shoots back instead. 

Baekhyun nods.

"Ah, Raon noona really gave me the wrong address," the boy ruffles his hair, staring at Baekhyun with a frown, "sorry, we thought our sister lived here."

"Jeon Raon?" Baekhyun raises his eyebrows. These two, they can't be...

"Wait," the girl widens her eyes, "how do you know   "

"Hanyool! Raeun!" Baekhyun turns around, finding Raon running over to them, waving her hands at them.

"Nooooona!" Hanyool yells, running over to her, the girl he is with makes her way over to Raon too.

Baekhyun watches his girlfriend hug them tightly from where he is standing. So they really are siblings.

"When did you get here?" He asks.

"I just   " She pants for air, "got here! Let's go in."

Soon, both of Raon's siblings are sitting on the couch in the living room. Baekhyun is busying himself in the kitchen, preparing drinks for them. Raon appears next to him before bumping their hips together. Baekhyun glances over at her and smirks. 

"Eyes on the juice, Baekhyun," Raon teases since his eyes are fixed on her.

"You're testing me, sweetheart," Baekhyun whispers and sets down the carton of apple juice on the counter, nearing his face to hers while her brother and sister are distracted. "You know, you have to tell them. They must be confused that their sister is staying with a stranger."

"You're not a stranger," she says.

"To you, I'm not. We know what our relationship is," Baekhyun gently bumps his forehead against hers before turning to the cups again. "To them, this is the first time they're meeting me."

"I know I have to tell them. But they're going to freak out," she sighs, pushing her hair back which Baekhyun thinks is y.

He shrugs at her instead before taking the tray with the drinks and going to the living room. He looks at Raon's siblings, remembering the quick background information she had given him on their way in. It is a wonder how Baekhyun understood her speed talking. Her brother, the one that is being entertained by Mongryong now, is nineteen this year and in his senior year of high school at Seoul School of Performing Arts. His name is Jeon Hanyool and Baekhyun notices that he resembles Raon the most in the eyes and lips. Her brother's dream is to be an actor, an idol, any job that can get him famous. Her sister, the one that is silently sipping her drink, is twenty three this year and in her senior year of university, studying health sciences. She has long hair that stops a few inches past her shoulders and she resembles Raon in the eyes too and her cheeks are a little less rosy than her elder sister's. 

Raon clears . Hanyool and Raeun stare at her. "So, the both of you must be curious... about a lot of things."

"Yeah, now tell us why you're staying in the same house with a man we're sure we've never seen before," Raeun eyes them. "The only male friend you're close with is Jongdae. Well, the only male friend of yours that we know of. So, who is this?"

So Raon has to tell them everything, and she can't lie either because they can see right through her if she does. She introduces them to Baekhyun first, as the house owner which he scrunches his nose at in distaste. Where's the boyfriend title? Baekhyun finds the whole thing amusing, how their mouths seem to open wider and wider as she progresses further in to the story of how she has ended up here. She leaves out the dangerous bits, like that time they were running away form those men and when she ended up hiding behind a pile of crates in the dead hour of the night, waiting for Baekhyun. They're probably calling her crazy in their minds and his girlfriend only looks at him for help when she has finished telling them most of it, except for one thing: their relationship.

"Go on," Baekhyun mouths to her, nodding his head. 

"And one last thing..." Raon reaches for Baekhyun's hands, lacing their fingers together. "Baekhyun is my boyfriend. We're dating."

"Heol!" Hanyool covers his mouth, turning to Raeun, who is as speechless as him.

A series of questions from the two siblings are being shot a Baekhyun from left and right. He guesses that before getting to know your partner's parents, her siblings are the people you have to get through first. They circle around Baekhyun, who is sitting straight with his hands clasped on his knees. They are circling around him like hawks and this time it is Baekhyun's turn to meet Raon's eyes, hoping that she will save him from this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter