twenty seven

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raon doesn't speak of Baekhyun when her friends wonder why he isn't picking her up anymore. After witnessing her being dumped right before his eyes in that cafe with Baekhyun walking away without acknowledging her the slightest, Jongdae doesn't say anything either.  Boyoung and Hyojoo are the ones left in the dark regarding this and they have been wondering why she seems more out of it than usual for the whole day.

She knows Baekhyun, he isn't the type to want to cut off all ties like that. He isn't the type to disappear because she knows how clingy and overprotective he can be over her. When she saw his eyes, she came across the flicker of his true emotions he masked behind that stoneless face. His orbs looked like they were trembling. How could he manage to say those things to her, words that he didn't mean, that he would have never said if he was the same fearless Baekhyun who had told her with resolution that he was going to aim for another path. The Baekhyun standing before her the other day was filled with fear. 

Something changed him. He was fine the day before she was about to move out and she noticed that he had been off about him though she had told herself to not pay much attention. There must have been something that happened after he told her he had to go somehwere. He must have met someone. 

She agreed to the one month break up, she wouldn't have if Baekhyun didn't look so distraught. She guesses, depending on the situation, she will have to wait and see if she will continue to be single after this one month or if she will be able to hold Baekhyun's hand again. She hopes for the latter and she knows that Baekhyun is also hoping for it too wherever he is.

Most of the time she finds regret consuming her. She shouldn't have let him go, she should have held on to him. Out of all the things she is good at, being stubborn is one of them and she couldn't do it. If she had continued stressing her point, how ridiculous whatever was getting in between them was and that it didn't matter, she wondered if he would have kissed her one more time before turning away.

Byun Baekhyun feels like a lost memory now. Everything that has happened feels like a distant dream she can't grasp. 

"Can you tell us already?" Hyojoo pesters, holding her arm with no intention of letting go. "What's bothering you?"

"It's nothing! Nothing's bothering me," Raon huffs, at this rate they might even bring up his name.

Boyoung frowns. "Jongdae told us that it's something to do with Baekhyun, is it true?"

Well, there it is. At least this is a constant reminder that everything wasn't a dream. Although she won't find herself talking about Baekhyun or even mentioning his name, her friends will.

Raon doesn't answer them. The two colleagues have already gotten the obvious hint that it is because of the said person, but they want confirmation so they keep pressing her for a statement. They are like her paparazzi, just minus the professional cameras, following her around. And in this situation she can't help but get annoyed to the point that she stomps her foot on the ground and inhales deeply.

"It's not about Byun. Baek. Hyun!"

Hyojoo and Boyoung widen their eyes at her sudden outburst as if they haven't expected it with the way they have been acting. Raon knows that they are just worried about her, the four of them have always looked out for each other ever since their internship in Daebak Soft. When one of them is acting out of it, it becomes an unspoken rule for them to cheer them up.

The dozens of people in the lobby getting off work turn their heads. Word must have spread that she is that employee who got dumped at the cafe a few weeks ago. Some of them whisper and laugh and others with more maturity continue their business and move on. At that exact moment, Junmyeon passes by her with his secretary following behind him. He is dressed in a navy blue suit and a striped tie, his hair pushed back in such a neat manner that you don't see a strand out of place like always.

Her boss who has now become her friend stares. He probably knows what she's upset about and that one of his closest friends is the reason behind it. But this is a busy area swarming with employees bowing to him left and right, they can't discuss anything here. Junmyeon won't tell her everything anyways. Taehyung and Joohyuk would have acted the exact way. 

Junmyeon only holds her gaze briefly before tearing it away to focus on the tablet he is holding. Watching him walk away, Raon really is convinced that this is something between Baekhyun and her. She should stop relying on Baekhyun's friends for answers. After all, she is the woman he has eyes for although she is growing more unsure of that in this situation. Even right now, if she find her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter