thirty

Little Coincidences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Time, twenty two. Baekhyun has two hours left.

He follows silently beside Park Areum. The mansion is huge and the hallways are built like a labyrinth, but she seems to know this place like the back of her hand. Soon, the both of them are out of sight from the other guests. Baekhyun can only that Joohyuk and Taehyung are doing their jobs properly. 

He has no clue how long they have been walking for. Eventually, she stops in front of what he presumes to be her room. An air of silence surrounds the lavishly decorated hallway. Baekhyun is tapping the tip of his foot, the anxiety slowly building up inside of him. Park Areum smacks her lips together with her eyes only focused on him. Having to attract her to him more with his chivalry, he forces a smile and rests his hand on the small of her back, leading them in to her room.

Like all the other spacious rooms in these mansion, hers is no exception. This room is probably the size of Baekhyun's living room and kitchen combined, and those two parts of his house are pretty sizeable. Past all the upscale interior, his attention is taken by how soaring her windows are. He can see the night sky perfectly, painted with stars. He could have been stargazing with Raon, but he is stuck here with great expectations on him to seduce this woman. 

"You're the first guy to ever come in here. Take it as an honour," she walks over to the large ceiling to floor windows to close the curtains. The night sky reflected in his eyes seconds ago is masked with blackness.

"You're one of the most sought for women in this country. It's surprising that you don't have a boyfriend now," Baekhyun walks around the room slowly, examining everything from the perfume bottles on her vanity desk to the picture frames slammed down on her television stand. Not all rich people are happy, I guess...

"Should we do it now?"

Baekhyun's heart stops. Not because he is excited, never. His eyes widen, but before she can point it out he returns to his expressionless gaze. He tilts his head while looking at her with a mocking smirk. "Are you sure you can handle what's about to come?"

His response only seems to heighten her ual desires. He hates that his gutsy attitude doesn't seem to provoke her. Then again, she has probably dated many men in her lifetime.

Baekhyun watches her start to her skirt. He can only follow the bracelet on her right wrist, the one thing that will put on end to his career. Yeah, put an end to it. I've had enough. He starts to loosen his tie, tossing it aside carelessly on the couch.

"Don't take off your clothes," she turns to stare at him, already giving him a judgemental stare. "Just... get on the bed."

"Can't resist me, I see," she smirks and proceeds to do just that.

Baekhyun thinks he's ready, but at the same time he's not. Why would he be? "Can I use the restroom for a bit?"

Park Areum points in the direction of the restroom which is in the direction of her walk-in closet. When Baekhyun takes a step inside, he shivers at his bare feet touching the cold marble floor. Everything about this house is cold. He walks over to the sink where he stares at his reflection. Being alone, his walls have crumbled almost completely. The person he is looking at now is not Lee Hajoon, the genius CEO of MicroTech, neither is he the Baekhyun from the past, the brazen con artist who was never afraid of putting his life on the line for money.

The person in front of him now... is Byun Baekhyun, an ordinary twenty six year old man with everything to lose. 

Looking at himself in the mirror, he pushes his hair back, heaving out a heavy sigh. "You will not have with Park Areum, Baekhyun. There has to be another way to get that bracelet..."

Luckily, this Baekhyun still has his smarts.

Park Areum is still waiting on the bed when he comes out, but she's on her phone. Seeing him instantly causes her to toss her phone aside. Baekhyun lays down next to her on the bed. She rests her hand on his chest and Baekhyun removes her hand off of his chest, shooting her a glare. 

"Why so grumpy, babe?" She coos. "You want more attention?"

"I   " Baekhyun is cut off by lips smashing on his. She's the one who can't resist him and he can use this to his advantage. 

 

 

Twenty three ten. Baekhyun's eyes flutter open. He first notices the unfamiliar ceiling with a chandelier hanging off of it. He turns to his side to see Park Areum sleeping next to him. She's , but he can't see it because she has wrapped the covers around her body and he just knows.  . He widens his eyes and checks under the covers, but sighs in relief. He may be shirtless but he still has his pants on.

Sitting up, he feels inside his pocket for the bracelet. Yep, it's there. Baekhyun gets out of bed, picking his white dress shirt off the floor so he can wear it quickly and leave. He slips on his shoes in a hurry, gathering his tie and blazer. Without sparing Park Areum a glance, he is out of her room in a blink of an eye. 

Loosening his tie as the sound of his hurried footsteps resonate down the empty corridor, Baekhyun's mind is in a frenzy. He tries to keep his calm, but flashbacks of Park Areum's abrupt move on him haunts him with guilt. He feels utterly disgusted at himself for having responded to that, but he had no choice. It was the only way he could get what he wanted. 

His phone vibrates in the pocket of his blazer, and he picks it up while walking towards the distant noise. "What?"

Sensing Baekhyun's apprehensive tone, Joohyuk seems to hesitate. "...Are you done?"

"Yeah," Baekhyun replies, looking up to find surveillance cameras where he is walking. He has memorised the whole floor plans of the residence. "Corridor E, on the second floor of Building B, there are security cameras here. Has Taehyung taken care of it?"

"Don't worry, I made sure to disable them before you came out," Taehyung's voice says from the other line. "Hyung, this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter