Chapter 9

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yulsic's event 7 years ago revealed in this chapter.

 

 

__________

 

 

7 years ago

 

 

 

"You hide this from me, umma?! For 15 years?!" Jessica actually shouted. 

 

 

"Honey, please calm down. Let me explain to you" 

 

 

"Explain what?! It is clear already who is the cause for appa's death! It is that Chairman!" Tears already wet her cheeks.

 

 

"Jessica..."

 

 

Jessica took a deep breath, trying to calm. She just knew the truth behind her father's death and who was on it. She was 4 back then so she couldn't remember how it was happened but now she knew and wouldn't stay quiet about it. 

 

 

"I will go to him. I will make him pay for this" She grabbed her bag and ready to go when the mother held her arm to stop her. 

 

 

"Jessica please think about it. It happened 15 years ago honey lets just forget about it.." The mother begged. 

 

 

"Umma, you want me to forget about what that old man did to us? Why are you scared of him? We have no reason to do so" 

 

 

"Yes we have. It's Chairman Kwon, owner of Mega K, the most influence person. Do you think we can win if we fight against him?" 

 

 

Jessica shook her head in disbelief. "I will sue him. This is law, if he killed people, he must be punished with equal" 

 

 

She attempted to walk only to be pulled again. 

 

 

"Look, umma understand how you feel. You don't have to do this Jessica, we can talk to him and settle this thing out, okay?" The mother said in worried tone though she knew she couldn't do anything to stop Jessica.

 

 

"A person like him don't deserve a good treat, he is evil, even if we talk nicely he won't listen. So let me go to him and force him to confess his crime to the world" 

 

 

Right then, Jessica went out from the house, grabbing a taxi, ignoring her mother who called for her name. She was very determined, she wouldn't let the man who killed her father lived happily while her, her mother and sister suffered. She would sue the Chairman and his whole family. She wouldn't forgive them. 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

Yuri was 19. It had been one year since she left her grandpa's mansion and gave less attention of what the grandpa said about her. She was old enough to do whatever she desired, without no one controlled her, especially Chairman Kwon. 

 

 

For the first 2 years, Yuri was staying with Taeyeon on Taeyeon's apartment and the shorty girl welcomed Yuri wholeheartedly since she awared of the tanned girl's problem. 

 

 

"I know this place is far difference from your mansion but atleast you have place to stay until you find yours" Taeyeon said when Yuri first in to her apartment. 

 

 

She was afraid if the tanned girl felt uncomfortable with her place. But surprisingly Yuri didn't mind at all. She prefered lived in Taeyeon's small apartment than that mansion. 

 

 

One day, Yuri finally got her licence and a car as present from her father. At first she rejected it, however the father insisted and threatened not to leave Taeyeon's apartment until Yuri agreed to take the car. Eventually, she gave in and took it. 

 

 

"Yul, what do you want to eat for dinner?" 

 

 

"Anything taeng. I will eat anything you cook" 

 

 

"Really?" Taeyeon raised her brows. 

 

 

"Hmm" Yuri hummed as her eyes glued on the television that shown her favourite series. 

 

 

Then Yuri felt a presence beside her. She turned to look at Taeyeon confusedly. The short girl decided to join Yuri watched the series. 

 

 

"Yah, aren't you going to cook?" 

 

 

"I'm tired. Lets just have our dinner out" Taeyeon reached out to steal Yuri's snack only to get a smack on hand by the tanned girl. 

 

 

"Get your own food" Yuri said.

 

 

"There is no more food, you eat it all!" Taeyeon pouted. 

 

 

"Sorry Taeng, I will pay you back later once I get allowance from my father. The last one I already paid for my tuition fees" Yuri smiled sadly. 

 

 

She had no enough money in the pocket at the moment as the grandpa Kwon blackmailed her credit card. She found out when she was about to pay for their lunch one day then ended up Taeyeon paid for it. 

 

 

Taeyeon suddenly felt guilty, she didn't mean anything with her words other than teasing Yuri. 

 

 

"It's okay Yul, I don't want any of your money. Just by knowing you're fine and healthy is enough for me" Taeyeon smiled. 

 

 

Yuri was thankful for having Taeyeon as her friend. If there was no Taeyeon, she didn't know if she could survive. 

 

 

Few minutes later, Yuri didn't hear sound from the girl beside her who rested the head on her shoulder. Yuri smiled as she saw Taeyeon's sleeping features. She admited that sometimes she admired the girl's beauty. 

 

 

When the series ended, slowly Yuri moved Taeyeon's head from her shoulder and placed it on the pillow. Taeyeon stirred and mumbled something Yuri barely caught. She chuckled before walked into her room. 

 

 

Yuri was getting ready to buy dinner for them both as Taeyeon said she was tired and they also couldn't eat outside for the shorty girl was sleeping. 

 

 

She walked to Taeyeon and leaned in. "I will buy our dinner" She whispered before went to front door. 

 

 

Yuri heaved a sigh as she stood near the car that her father gave. Her inner told her not to ride the car as if it was a hint for something bad might happened. However she shrugged it off and rode the car. 

 

 

Knowing that Taeyeon was kind of picky person, Yuri drove about miles away from the apartment just for Taeyeon's favourite food. 

 

 

When she arrived at the restaurant, she took less time to get in there and ordered their food. She ordered only one portion which was for Taeyeon as she already lost her appetite plus she had no enough money to buy two. 

 

 

She exited the restaurant after got her food and drove home from there. 

 

 

Yuri was humming happily to the song that playing on the radio. She was relieved for at last she got something to give to Taeyeon as appreciation for all her help. She just couldn't wait to get home and surprised Taeyeon with her favourite food. 

 

 

She was concious from her own thought when suddenly there was a car from opposite site sped up toward her direction. Yuri saw no sign of the car would stop, causing almost collision that ended up Yuri drove to the side to avoid it, however, unfortunately she failed to get back in the right line and her car hit a bump on the side of the road. 

 

 

Yuri groaned in pain while touching her head. She frowned when she touched on the wet thing, there was blood on her forehead causing from hitting on the steering wheel. She felt lightheaded and her vision started to become a bit blurry. 

 

 

Just then, she remembered the earlier car. She got out from the car as she heard noise that people already surrounded the car and due to darkness Yuri barely saw who the driver and probably the passenger. 

 

 

"Are you okay, Miss?" A woman approached Yuri. 

 

 

"Yeah.."

 

 

"You're bleeding. Someone please call the ambulance" The woman said before escorting Yuri left the scene and rushed to the hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

"Nurse! Where is my daughter?!" A middle aged woman shouted to the nurse. She almost got heart attack when she got the news about her daughter was involved in an accident. 

 

 

"Calm down, ma'am. What is the name of your daughter?" The nurse asked. 

 

 

"Jessica Jung" 

 

 

"Oh Miss Jessica Jung. She is still in OT. You can have a seat first while waiting" 

 

 

"W-What happened to her? Is..Is she that bad?" Mrs. Jung couldn't help as more tears fell on her cheeks. 

 

 

However, before the nurse could answer, 

 

 

"Mrs. Jung?" 

 

 

The mother turned her head, only to be greeted by a man in black attire. "Yes?" 

 

 

"I'm detective Kim Suho who incharge of your daughter's case" Suho showed his ID

 

 

"W-What happened to my daughter?" 

 

 

"We can't give the specific answer but there are witnesses saying that the car Ms. Jessica rode lost control and hit the fence"

 

 

The mother couldn't control her emotion as she began to sob and hands immediately collided with . She lost her balance and luckily Suho managed to catch her on time before she fell on the floor. He brought her to bench nearby.

 

 

"I'm really sorry Mrs. Jung. I hope you to be patience and pray for your daughter" Suho politely bowed then walked away, leaving Mrs. Jung in brokenheart. 

 

 

Mrs. Jung was now sitting outside of the OT, hoping for good news for her daughter. Her hands clutched together in praying for Jessica to be saved. She couldn't bear missing another person she loved. If only the girl was listened to her, this wouldn't happen. However, she couldn't blame the girl too, she knew more than anyone why Jessica reacted like that.

 

 

She could only hope God would hear her prayer. She wouldn't hope for more other than Jessica to be fine and could get back to her safely. 

 

 

Just then, the OT door opened and came out a nurse. Mrs. Jung immediately went to the nurse. 

 

 

"Hows my daughter?" 

 

 

"Be patience, Ma'am. The doctor will come out in a minute" The nurse said. 

 

 

Mrs. Jung could only nod and got back to her seat when the nurse walked away. She was waiting patiently while continued praying for her daughter. 

 

 

Right a minute after, a doctor could be seen walking out from the OT. 

 

 

"Family member of Jessica Jung?" 

 

 

"Y-Yes, I'm her mother. How is she?" 

 

 

The doctor sighed and it enough to break Mrs. Jung's world. 

 

 

"She is in critical state, the hit on her head was pretty hard and she lost lot of blood. We are currently waiting for a blood donor and hopeful there are kind people who want to donor. Just keep praying for her, and we will also do our best to save her. But for now, we will put her in ICU incase something gone wrong, we can straight away bring her to the OT"

 

 

"Please save my daughter, do anything to save her" She cried. 

 

 

"I will, Ma'am. Just keep praying. If there is nothing more, I will excuse myself" The doctor bowed his head. 

 

 

"Thank you, Doctor" 

 

 

 

It had been 2 days since Jessica in ICU yet she had not shown much improvement. Fortunately, there were people who kindly donored their blood for Jessica and even so, Mrs. Jung still thankful for it. 

 

 

Mrs. Jung was in the hospital's café with detective Kim. He went to the hospital to meet Jessica's mother after got something on his way of investigating the case or the accident. 

 

 

Suho slided a brown envelop acrossed the table, earning a frown from the eldest. 

 

 

"What is this?" 

 

 

"Some picture at the accident venue"

 

 

She sighed. "I don't want to see it. It is enough to see my daughter in this state" 

 

 

"I understand"

 

 

Suho was hesitating to speak after awared of what the mother was feeling. As a mother she must felt very sad, it was indeed hard for a mother to see when her daughter was laying in hospital bed and was in critical state. 

 

 

However he had to tell the mother about the issue. She deserved to know. 

 

 

"Have you seen the news yesterday?" Suho asked carefully.

 

 

"No. Why? Is there something I need to see?" 

 

 

"Yes, there was a news about the accident and who was involved in it" 

 

 

The mother frowned. "Who was involved?" 

 

 

Suho took out his ipad and politely showed what on the screen to the mother. He pressed play on the video that causing her to gasp.

 

 

"She is..."

 

 

"Yes. The accident involved the heir of Mega K, Kwon Yuri. From what I saw in the CCTV, the car drove by Yuri was in the opposite side and she was avoiding it when the taxi Ms. Jessica rode suddenly lost control and began to step in into the other line" Suho explained. 

 

 

"And..."

 

 

"And what?" She eyed Suho.

 

 

"We found out about what was wrong with the taxi. It turns out that the brake wasn't functioning, causing the taxi to speed up"

 

 

Mrs. Jung covered , she was shocked. Just by that, she knew who was behind this. 

 

 

"It was sabotaged, by who we haven't know yet but we will do our best in this investigation. I'm willing to help your family" 

 

 

Mrs. Jung covered her face with her hands as she cried. She couldn't understand why the person tried to harm her family so bad, what had they done to be treated like this. 

 

 

"Mr. Jung is a kind person. He helped my father a lot back then. And now it is my turn to help his family" Suho smiled. 

 

 

"Thank you" She managed to say. 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

"So, how was it?" An old man around 60s years old asked his man after put down the newspaper.

 

 

"The driver is dead" 

 

 

"And?"

 

 

"Erm" The man was hesitating. "She is in critical state" 

 

 

The old man sighed. "Only in critical state?" 

 

 

"Nae, Chairman" The man lowered his head. 

 

 

Chairman Kwon, the mastermind behind the accident and the cause for how Jessica was ended in ICU room. 

 

 

"How about Yuri?" Chairman Kwon asked as he took sip of his coffeé. 

 

 

He had seen the news about Yuri was involved in the accident. He was shocked at first but didn't give too much attention into it. 

 

 

"We can't find her. After she was being hospitalized she left on her own" 

 

 

"She haven't meet her right?"

 

 

"From what I heard, Miss. Kwon didn't go meet them. She immediately went to hospital after"

 

 

"Good" The Chairman smirked in victory. 

 

 

"Go and find her then inform me where she lives. I know she is living nearby, she won't go far" 

 

 

"Nae Chairman" The man bowed before went out from the room. 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

Taeyeon was running here and there to get something for Yuri who was staying on the bed for few days. Her injured was not that bad but for some reasons her body was weak until she had fever. 

 

 

Taeyeon as a good bestfriend was taking care of Yuri. She served whatever the tanned girl wanted when her body didn't has strenght to move and Yuri was touched by how Taeyeon seemed to worry about her. 

 

 

"Taeng, calm down" Yuri said, leaning her head against headboard of her bed. 

 

 

Taeyeon was breathing heavily. "How could I? You have a fever since that accident happened" 

 

 

Yuri chuckled. "I'm fine Taeng-ah, it will go sooner or later" 

 

 

"I'm worried, what if it is not just a normal fever? What if you have inner cut or something? What if-" 

 

 

Yuri cut off by putting her finger on Taeyeon's lips then pushed it slightly. 

 

 

"You're exaggerating. Doctor said I'm fine, nothing serious. It is just cut on my forehead and no more. They confirmed it" Yuri closed her eyes. 

 

 

Taeyeon sighed. Honestly saying, she was lost of words when Yuri came home with plaster on her head. She bombarded the tanned girl with questions with Yuri only answered with 'no worries Taeng, I'm fine' or some sort. And when the next day came, only she saw the news about the accident

 

 

"Oh, I just remembered, what happened to the passenger in the car?" 

 

 

"The driver is dead meanwhile the passenger I don't know, probably in the hospital. They didn't mention about the other one" 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter