Chapter 3

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was back. She was standing infront of Mega K building while puffing her cheeks. She was happy yet terrified because Yuri might ignore her again and asked her to go back. But she wouldn't give up that easily, not when this was the chance she dreamt of since forever. Besides the payment later could make her survive for years. 


Jessica took a deep breath and uttered courage words to herself. Some people who passing by gave her such weird expression but she could give it less attention. 


"I can do this!" She shouted.


She began to walk toward the entrance of the building. Every step she took she felt her heart beating rapidly inside her chest for every second. She held her notebook closed to her chest and lowed her head. However when she was about to enter, a security stopped her. 


"I'm sorry Miss, do you have any appointment?" The security asked. 


"Ah...emm..." 


"If not you can walk away from here, we are not welcome any uninvited guest who just want a charity" 


Jessica's jaw dropped, this was unbelieveable. She awared that she had not made any appointment but the security shouldn't said something that could make Jessica pissed. Now he had to face Hellsica. But realizing that she was in someone or somebody's building, she decided to let it go this time. 


Jessica smiled as much as she could, reaching her card and handed to the security. "I'm actually a journalist, my name is Jessica Jung. I'm here to meet Miss Kwon, the Vice President of Mega K?" 


The security looked at Jessica from head to toes then to the card. She inspected her outfit but nothing was really wrong. He gave back the card to her. 


"Sorry Miss, but we can't let you go in.m" The security gestured Jessica to go. 


"Please just let me meet Miss Kwon, this is really important..." 


"No!" He pushed Jessica while she kept pleading. 


"Let her go" A voice caught both of their attentions. 


The security bowed his head to the person. "Miss Kim, I already tried to-" 


"It's okay, she is my friend. She is with me" Taeyeon said as the security gazed at Jessica for seconds then back to Taeyeon. 


"Nae Miss Kim" 


Jessica passed him while smirking. She almost stuck her tongue. She followed Taeyeon to the elevator and was wondered what Taeyeon was doing but then she remembered just lastnight she met the girl and Taeyeon agreed to help her get close with Yuri. Jessica smiled blushingly. 


She didn't know when she was already in Taeyeon's room. She turned to the right-where Yuri's room was that only separated with glass with Taeyeon's-but couldn't see any glimpse of the Vice President. She pouted as feeling slightly disappointed. Was she going to go back again without gaining something from Yuri? 


She kept looking at the room until Taeyeon came in and spoke "She is not here yet. She might be late because have to deal something outside" 


Jessica nodded in understanding. Taeyeon was back with few files on her hand before put it on the table and began to work on it. Jessica who felt lonely only could pout and lowered her head. Taeyeon noticed it. 


"Have you had your breakfast?" Taeyeon asked. 


Jessica shook her head. 


"Okay let's go" Taeyeon stood up, earning a confused look from Jessica. Taeyeon chuckled "You need to have breakfast first before you can meet Yuri later on" 


Jessica offered a soft smile then followed Taeyeon to the caféteria of the building. 


"May I ask you something?" 


"You already asked" 


"Huh?" 


Taeyeon chuckled. "Okay go on." 


Jessica bit her bottom lip "How comfortable are you with Miss Kwon? I heard you call her by Yuri just now" 


Taeyeon put down her cup of tea. "Oh that. We know each other for 10 years already. She is my bestfriend. We studied in a same school and now I end up working with her"


Jessica chuckled a bit with Taeyeon made a shrug as if she regreted working with Yuri. Kwon Yuri was the most cold and enthusiastic boss Taeyeon had ever working with. Well, she had never worked with anyone except Yuri because as soon as they graduated from collage Yuri immediately hired Taeyeon as her secretary. 


Their conversation was cut short when Taeyeon's phone rang. 


"Oh Yuri is here already. Are you ready?"


Jessica gulped on mentioning of Yuri's name. Just by the name she could feel her heart beating faster than it normal pace. She looked at Taeyeon with blank expression, hoping it could send the message to the midget but Taeyeon just laughed it out. 


"Let's go"


"Wait!" 


Taeyeon stopped midway and looked at Jessica with one brow lifted up. 


"Didn't you say Miss Kwon is busy today? She has meeting with staff right?"


"Aah you're right. But it will at 10. You still have 1 more hour to interview her, I guess. So.. you are going to stay here or go upstair and make full use of the 1 hour to get to meet Miss Kwon?"


Jessica nodded her head slowly. To be honest she was unsure for accepting Taeyeon help but if not Taeyeon who else would help her. She wasn't that skillful on how to chase such an unapproachable type of Vice President. Not to mention Yuri's cold aura sometimes made Jessica regreted accepting the job offer. 

 

 

__________


"I know dad, but I can't go home for now. I hope you understand" 


Mr Kwon: "I always understand you, yet I can relate to your situation but it's been 22 years already, can't you consider to forgive your own grandpa and come back home? His condition is not good right now, he miss his only granddaughter" 


Yuri massaged her temple. Instead of answering her father's question, she asked him back "Then what about you? Are you already forgiving him? You know he was the cause of mother's death!"


Mr Kwon: "I don't know where you heard that such useless thing but as you know your grandpa is nothing to do with your mother's death"


Yuri scoffed "You don't have to defend him, dad. I know him well. He would do anything just for the company even if he has to kill people and make his own family as victims!" She was furious as she recalled the event of 22 years ago. 


Mr Kwon: "Calm down Yuri. I'm not defending him, it's true. He got nothing to do with accident happened that night. I can show you the evidence" 


Their conversation was cutting short when a knock could be heard. 


"I have to go dad. I'll send the document to you by lunch time and about the meeting later, don't worry, I'll cover up for you" 


Mr Kwon: "Thank you my daughter, I'll see you soon" 


Yuri let out heavy sigh and ended the call before answering the door and asked the person to come in. 


"Miss Kwon" Taeyeon popped her head. 


"Oh tae, it is time for the meeting?" 


Taeyeon walked in to the room after closing the door behind. "Actually..." She was nervous about telling Yuri about Jessica, who was waiting outside the room. Yuri might not like the idea. 


"What Tae?" Yuri eyed Taeyeon. 


"There is someone waiting outside. She wants to meet you" 


"Do I have guest today?" Yuri's one brow arched up.


"Yes, but trust me this guest is special. I guess you want to meet her too" Taeyeon said with her meaning smile. 


Yuri furrowed her brows. She didn't get what Taeyeon was trying to imply here. And Taeyeon who already examined all the expression of Yuri knew what the face supposed to mean. 


"I will just go and get her" 


Yur just shrugged her shoulder and got back her attention to some paper that she currently working on after Taeyeon walked out from the room. 


Taeyeon approached Jessica who busy reading her notebook. Actually inside the notebook was the questions she was going to ask Yuri. She jotted down everything in case she forgot. Everything meant everything that she needed to do when meeting VVIP clients that being told by Sooyoung. She wasn't trust the girl so much because there was sometimes when Sooyoung put a prank on her. 


"Miss Jung, Miss Kwon is ready to meet you" 


Jessica diverted her gaze from the notebook to Taeyeon. She was hell nervous. She would meet Kwon Yuri, the charisma Vice President. Well that was what she heard from most of her co-workers.


"Wait wait" She stopped Taeyeon. "Are not you coming too?" 


"Anniyo, I have work to do. You can just come in, alone. Besides, why do I need to come too? You are not going to do funny things with Miss Kwon right?" Taeyeon teased followed by cute chuckle, earning a red face from Jessica. [Oh Taeyeon, such a byun. Lol]


Jessica was now standing infront of Yuri's door. She occasionally took deep breath and made a note inside her head to greet the Vice President first before asking anything. She lifted her hand to knock and then reached for the doorknob when she heard Yuri's voice, telling her to come in. 


She opened the door and took steps to the room. She saw Yuri was looking  down and flipping the papers and didn't pay attention to her, who standing right at the door. She stood there with head down for who knew how long until Yuri spoke. 


"What are you doing?" 


"Huh?" 


The moment Jessica lifted head to face Yuri, Yuri's expression changed to kind of confused. She was clueless on why Jessica was doing inside her room. 


"Who are you?"


Meanwhile Jessica felt regretful when she looked at Yuri's eyes. It was beautiful. That eyes made her felt something weird running through her body. She looked somewhere but Yuri's eyes. 


"Huh... I.." 


"You're the journalist that came here yesterday right? What are you doing inside my room now?" 


The magic was, Yuri didn't kick Jessica right away, instead she bombarded the girl with so many questions. If other people, they wouldn't have chance to say even a word Yuri would already asking them to leave. She eyed Jessica with narrow eyes. 


Jessica took a deep breath and cleared . "Annyeonghaseyo, Vice President Kwon Yuri" She said with a smile "I'm Jessica Jung and Yes I'm journalist from TIP TOP Magazine. First, sorry to interrupt you this early morning, I just-" 


Before Jessica could finish her words, she saw Yuri was about to reach for phone. She immediately sprinted toward Yuri's table and guarded the phone. 


"Don't! I mean... you don't have to scold... Taeyeon because let me in... I-I'm the one who want to meet you so bad.." Jessica gulped because eyes that directed on her. 


"Taeyeon? Who are you to call her Taeyeon?" Yuri asked. 


"Err...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter