Chapter 22

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri woke up in the middle of the night as she felt dry and need some water. She took a look at the table clock, it read 4:13AM, before diverting her eyes to a figure lying beside her. She stared at her like there was no tomorrow. Her head kept saying how beautiful her wife was. A smile crept on her face.

 

Then, Yuri remembered why she woke up at the first place. She removed the blanket slowly so it wouldn't wake up Jessica before getting up. She headed out of the room, bringing her phone with her. 

 

As she stepped into the kitchen, she grabbed a glass and rummaged the fridge for water. Yuri settled herself on the chair near the counter, putting her phone. The silence was with her as her mind busy with anything else that she wasn't supposed to think about. Worried. That was it. It was funny because all this time she warned Jessica not to but here she was worrying about nothing.

 

Her phone vibrated on the counter brought Yuri back to reality. A message popped up and it was from Taeyeon. 

 

From: Taeng

SinB came to remind you about the party at her house later night.

 

Feeling confused at first as she recalling anything. The day SinB stopped by at the office appeared, she typed back to her bestfriend.

 

To: Taeng

Nae, I didn’t forget. Thank you. But, why are you awake this early? It's only 4AM.

 

From: Taeng

Look who is asking. Why are you awake?

 

Yuri drank her water before replying. She chuckled over Taeyeon's reply. She was always like this, answering a question with a question. 

 

To: Taeng

I'm thirsty.

 

From: Taeng

I see. Well, lets just say me too. 

 

Yuri shook her head while smiling.

 

After replying to Taeyeon's text, Yuri closed the chat and opened browser to see if there was headline about her, and boom! She found her face and Jessica as the top result on the search of her name. It was almost a week and yet they were still in the spotlight.

 

The curiousity took over her when she clicked on the first website. She smirked as she saw the headline, sometimes these sites just wanted attention by making an extraordinary heading and it succeed making Yuri read through the article. 

 

She kept reading and reading while sipping on her drink until she came across one name that made her brows frowned. The mention of Tiffany's name over the article was unrelevant to Yuri. She pissed when Tiffany was getting dragged again which she wasn't part of it anymore. Not like Yuri hated the name itself, but she felt Tiffany didn't deserve this after all she had been through. 

 

As Yuri was busy rambling inside her head over the article, Taeyeon's name suddenly popped on her phone screen. Her brows furrowed in mild confusion. She brought her finger to slide on the screen to answer.

 

Yuri purposely didn't say anything first as she waited for Taeyeon. It took few seconds until Taeyeon spoke.

 

"Hello, Yul?"

 

"Hey. Did you accidently call me or..." Yuri trailed off. 

 

"No, I didn't"

 

"So you're really calling me. Whats up?" Yuri leaned her body on the counter, supporting by her elbows.

 

"Er.. about tomorrow, are you coming?" Taeyeon asked hesitantly.

 

"Of course, SinB invited me. Why? Aren't you coming?"

 

"No, I mean, I'm going" 

 

"Then?"

 

Yuri felt Taeyeon was hesitating again to tell her and it clearly showed on the way she sighed.

 

"You will bring Jessica with you, right? And Tiffany is going to be there too. Do you think it's a good idea? I mean, for them to meet. The announcement is still refreshing and shocking for everyone, especially Tiffany" 

 

A chuckle unintentionally left Yuri's mouth. The thought of Tiffany was going to make a scene on the party didn’t slip on her head. She knew the Supermodel wouldn’t make such thing, she thought.

 

"No worries Taeng, they are going to be fine"

 

"How are you so sure?"

 

"I don't know. I just feel like, she is not going to do anything" It was true, the worry that Tiffany would do something wasn’t really a concern to her. 

 

There was silence for few seconds. "But, you know her, right?"

 

It didn't have to take genius to know what Taeyeon meant. "Tiffany has to move on. She has been through a lot since she was with me. She might look tough on the outside, but I know her well that she was suffered. Chairman Kwon and her father were never approved of our relationship. Everytime Tiffany wanted me to meet her father, he always reasoned out. And I knew he was avoiding to meet me. Tiffany never told me but her father had intended to disown her once. It broke my heart, I felt sad. And all because I'm Kwon" Yuri didn't know why she was explaining about this, more like she was reminiscing the moment of her with Tiffany rather than telling Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon could hear Yuri's voice cracked and sniffles from the latter. Yuri was crying? She never told this to anyone. All this time she kept it to herself. She blamed herself for what happened to Tiffany. 

 

"Yul. It wasn't your fault" Taeyeon said as a good friend. 

 

"It was, Taeng. Tiffany is distant from her father because of me, she is not talking to him anymore because of me, Tiffany suffered because of me, her father hate me because I'm grandchild of Chairman Kwon. And now... Jessica..."

 

And Yuri hated herself for involving Jessica too. How she wished she could turn back time and never followed her grandfather to Jessica's house 22 years ago, so she wouldn't meet her. She wouldn't make a promise to find Jessica again. 

 

"It was fate. You met Jessica then you met Tiffany because it had already written for you. If not because of you, Tiffany wouldn't believe what it feels to be loved. And if you wouldn't meet Jessica, would you be who you are now? You would remained as the coldest President in the century" Taeyeon stated the fact. 

 

A fine chuckle left Yuri's mouth. It couldn't be decided if Taeyeon was making a joke or not but Yuri found it funny. 

 

Recaping how she was before, Taeyeon's words were never wrong. People hardly found Yuri smiled when she was with Tiffany and before she met Jessica again. She was known for being unapproachable and people, especially her employees, were less likely to talk to her. 

 

"Thanks Taeng, I really need this positivity" 

 

"Indeed" Taeyeon replied, then Yuri heard a yawn from the other line.

 

"Sleepy?" 

 

"Yeah, It's still early tho, I want to get back to sleep. See you later, boss"

 

Yuri smiled "Okay okay, see ya"

 

Only then, the call ended. 

 

____

 

Morning came and Jessica just woke up. She turned to her side and found no one. Rubbing her eyes, slowly she sat up and scanning the room to find a person she wished to see first in the morning. But, she found nothing. 

 

"Yul" Jessica called out. She threw the cover of her body, standing up then heading to the door. She stepped out to the living, to the kitchen but Yuri was nowhere to be found. 

 

Jessica knitted her brows. Questions bombarded her head. So Yuri really did leave early without informing her. "Wow" Jessica said. 

 

Pouting her lips, Jessica headed to the kitchen for fridge to get some drink. She was busy rambling on Yuri for leaving without words until she failed to notice a breakfast ready on a dining table. She just realized after she washed the glass.

 

A frown on her face clearly indicated how confused she was, but she still walked to the table. A note was left just beside the plate, saying that 'I'm sorry, I go to work first, urgent meeting. Don't forget to each breakfast, love you. Your lovely wife'

 

A satisfied smile finally plastered on Jessica's beautiful face, well, atleast Yuri left a note and even made her breakfast. Her heart beated for Yuri's efforts.

 

She was eating her breakfast while humming, feeling happy like all the problems in her life didn't exist. And it was clearly because of a certain President. 

 

After finished her breakfast, Jessica got ready for work. When she arrived at the office, Sooyoung was not at her desk which kind of weird because it was rare the tall woman to come later after Jessica. But she shrugged it off and came sit on her desk.

 

As she was too engulfed with editing her story, someone came to her desk, startled her.

 

"Miss Jung, oh sorry, should I call you Miss Kwon now?" The boy asked in provocation manner. Jessica just rolled her eyes. He was just her collegue, junior to be exact, who she hadn’t much interaction but once he opened his mouth, Jessica felt like wanted to glue it forever.

 

"What do you want?" Jessica asked, not facing him.

 

"Nothing, just want to see how the wife of President Kwon are doing" His voice already annoyed her.

 

People said he was the most handsome and youngest junior in her department. The people weren't lying though, he was handsome with those dimples on his face and Jessica admited it too, but his mouth and attitudes were something he souldn't proud of. Not to mention, almost all people in the office he flirted with, and Jessica felt disgusted about it. 

 

"She is doing muchhhh better. Now you know it already right? Then please get back to your desk so I can do my work peacefully" She smiled in sarcastic way and she knew he noticed by judging how he flinched. Jessica could be scary sometimes.

 

"Aii sunbae, don't be like that" He chuckled.

 

"Sunbae my . Just now you called me by my name" Jessica thought before diverted her glare to him. "Don't be like that like what?"

 

"You push me. I know you want to know me too right? Just how I want to know more about you" He declared.

 

Jessica couldn't believe her ears, nor she believed her eyes when she saw his smirk. His remark made Jessica felt dizzy and almost threw up. This was what Jessica meant about his attitude that he shouldn't proud of, too much of confidence. 

 

Before Jessica could speak, she was surprised because of a hard smack on his head and when Jessica turned around it was no other than her bestfriend, Sooyoung. 

 

"Yah, you're here again? Don't you feel tired?" Sooyoung asked the boy.

 

"Ah sunbae, why did you do that?" He rubbed his back head while whining on Sooyoung. Pain clearly visible on his face.

 

"I just warned you to not disturb or flirt with anyone else again, and now you do it again? To Jessica?! I see you haven't learned your lesson" Sooyoung rolled up her sleeves, ready to bet the out of the boy. 

 

Jessica suddenly felt bad for him.

 

"I just want to talk to Sunbae Kwon" The boy pouted his lips.

 

"What? Talk? Yah Jessica, did he provoke you again?" Sooyoung asked, at first Jessica thought of just telling her but to see the boy still rubbing his back head, she decided to remain quiet. Sooyoung didn't bother to hear the answer to her question too.

 

"And you kid, don't you have some edits to do? You want me to report you to your supervisor?" Sooyoung threatened the boy.

 

"Why would you report me? I did nothing wrong"

 

"Oh, look at you, still denying" 

 

"Sooyoung, it's okay. Let him go" Jessica as always being the kind woman she was. 

 

Sooyoung sighed before got her attention back to the boy who already lowered his head. "Remember okay, you're not allowed to come to this area again, you must be away from me and Jessica desk in 3 metres and if I see you stand less than 3 metres, you will know what I'm going to do with you. Understand?!" Yes, Jessica could be scary sometimes but Sooyoung was the scariest. 

 

"Yes, yes sunbae" The boy nodded his head several times as if a nod wasn't enough to assure Sooyoung.

 

"Now move your " 

 

He bowed twice before walked away from the two women. He made a mental note not to mess up with them anymore or else he would face Sooyoung's wrath. He was surely trembling when Sooyoung glared right through his soul.

 

"You're bad" Jessica told Sooyoung and the tall woman just shrugged her shoulder. Jessica shook his head. 

 

"Where were you? You never late" 

 

"Exactly, I never late" 

 

"Whats that supposed to mean?" Jessica questioned, but Sooyoung said that she had arrived before Jessica and was at staff room. 

 

Jessica wanted to ask more but seeing Sooyoung alr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter