Chapter 5

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one fine day. One fine day in Taeyeon's definition was all day long without companying her boss having meetings, seeing clients and so on that required her to budge from her comfortable chair. 


Taeyeon was currently on her tab, organizing her boss's schedule for next and next day, then jotted it down on her book. Though she had all those on her tab, she would still write it on the notebook in order to kill time while waiting for the Vice President's arrival. 


She glanced at her watch. She still had time to go to Caféteria of the building before Yuri came. She grabbed her stuff. All she needed to bring was her wallet and phone. 


She was walking to the elevator then waiting for it after pressed on the down button. She was waiting and waiting. Slight smile appeared on her face when she heard ding sound. The door opened and what inside the elevator made her broke her urge to step into the elevator. She was in awestruck. The beauty of the creature standing infront of her invented her mind and soul. 


"Is Yuwree in?" Tiffany asked with slightly american accent. 


No answer from Taeyeon. Tiffany waved her hand infront of the latter's face, only to bring her back to real world. 


"S-Sorry.." 


Tiffany sighed. "I asked you, is Yuri in?" 


"She..she is not here yet.."


Without letting Taeyeon finished her sentenses, Tiffany cut her. 


"Where is she?" 


"Erm.. She said she wants to drop by in the hospital first."


"What?! Why? Is she sick?" Tiffany exclaimed. 


Taeyeon scratched her head, she was nervous too dead. Tiffany, the woman she adored so much was now infront of her, talking to her and looking straight through her eyes. It was heaven for her. 


"I don't think so. She is just visiting a relative, I guess.."


Tiffany bit her bottom lip as a sign of curiosity and worried. She sent dozen messages but neither one was being replied by Yuri. And if she decided to send one at the moment she wouldn't get the answer right away. 


Taeyeon watched as Tiffany fished her phone from her purse and dialed a number on it which Taeyeon expected the Supermodel was calling on Yuri. Taeyeon was slightly hurt by that. 


"Secretary Kim" 


Taeyeon turned to her right, where she saw a cute girl was smiling to her. 


"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but someone is waiting for you in the meeting room" The girl at times would glance at Tiffany who still busy with her phone. 


"Who is it?" Taeyeon asked. 


"I'm not sure but she said you know her" The girl said. 


"Okay, thank you so much. I will be there in minutes" 


The girl bowed then walked away after spared last glance on Tiffany. Probably she was surprised by the presence of the Supermodel in the company. 


"Err.. Tiff-" 


"If Yuri is already here, tell her that I come and please give this to her" Tiffany handed a paper bag to Taeyeon. 


Taeyeon reached for the paper bag. And the moment she wanted to open to speak Tiffany was already wearing her sunglasses then ready to ride the elevator back. 


Tiffany stepped in the elevator. "Thank you, Secretary Kim" She beamed a smile. 


For the first time in forever Tiffany gave such a beautiful smile to Taeyeon. 


The small woman who still digested everything just stood still. She could feel her breath stucked on , her body temperature rising, her legs weakened and she almost hit the floor. What could she do more? Did she imagine it or not? All this time she just got a cold shoulder from the Supermodel. 


Sooner or later Tiffany would notice her love, her feelings and her sincerity to know each other more closer. Taeyeon couldn't be happier to just have a comfortable conversation with the Supermodel and talked heart-to-heart. 


However, she awared how much Tiffany loved Yuri. Tiffany was falling in deep with Yuri. Taeyeon's love for Tiffany couldn't defeat the love Tiffany had for Yuri. And she knew that love couldn't be forced. She just praying the best for both of them. 


Taeyeon walked to the meeting room mentioned and found a woman sat on one of the chair. 


"Yo Taengo my buddy!" The woman exclaimed. 


"Hyo? Is that you?" 


"Yes!" 


"Ohmy! Hyoyeon!" Taeyeon gave a tight hug to Hyoyeon, her cousin. "When did you come back?" 


Hyoyeon pulled away from the hug "Lastnight. I'm kind of miss you so I come here to meet you. You know I haven't see my parents yet. You're the first" Hyoyeon playfully hit Taeyeon's shoulder. 


"Wow, I'm impressed, really" Taeyeon placed hand on her chest in dramatic manner. She was touched by Hyoyeon's move.


"So how was Japan?" 


Hyoyeon was currently working with Japan's dance academy as an instructor. She was signing on the contract for 4 years and got about 9 months left to finish it then got back to Korea. 


"As usual, training some kids to dance and teaching the first timers. It is tiring but I surely having fun. It's good to see even 5 years old kids able to dance so perfectly. They are so so cute" 


Taeyeon chuckled. "Right I told you it is fun. Just hang in there buddy, you have 9 months left. After that you can have an ample rest here" 


"I should right?" 


"Oh how long until you get back there?" Taeyeon asked. 


"Erm, about 1 to 2 weeks like that" Hyoyeon shrugged off. "Why? You want to treat me?" 


"Kinda. You weren't in Korea for 3 years, so why not doing some tour a bit" 


"Yeah. Korea has lot of changes when I'm away" They laughed. 


Then Taeyeon realized something. "Anyway, how do you know I'm here? As much as I remember I haven't told you I'm working here" 


"Come on! This is Hyoyeon, there is nothing I don't know" Hyoyeon joked. "Nah, my friend told me you're working at Mega K as Vice President Kwon Yuri's Secretary. Speaking about that Kwon, where is she?" 


"She is not coming yet. She might be late today. So! I have some free time before she comes, what if we have some coffée downstairs? How is it?" Taeyeon offered. She had not meet this cousin of her for too long so she kind of excited to spend time together. 


"Sure! Your treat okay?" 


"Fine, lets go" 

 

 

__________


Yuri was standing near the unconcious man who was lying on the bed, with some wires attached on his body that connected to the machines. A respirator was attached on his mouth to help his breath.


She didn't say a word, just staring at the man as if waiting for him to wake up. It had been 15 years since he was being hospitalized and was in coma since then. Yuri couldn't forget how he became like this. 

 

--flashback--


"Mr. Kim" Yuri called for the man, as she climbed down the stair. 


Yuri was 11 years old at the time. She spoke too well. She could already differentiate which one was good and which one was bad. She could also understand what her grandfather was doing. 


The man bowed to Yuri and offered a smile. "May I help you ma'am?" 


"I want you to be honest with me, what did grandpa do to that family?" 


The man was shaking and hesitating to speak. He didn't expect that question to come from Yuri again. For the hundred times she asked he wouldn't just open his mouth and told her. 


"Which family, ma'am?" 


"Don't try to play fool! You know who I'm talking about. I keep asking you this question since I got to know the father is dead. What did grandpa did to them?!" 


"Ma'am, I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about" He was stuttering. 


Yuri sighed, feeling annoyed. "Look, you can fool me when I was 4 but now I'm 11. I'm not a kid anymore! So I can see now what is good and what is bad. So if you think I'm still a little kid who shouldn't know anything about grandpa's business, you're wrong! I was being patience for 7 years to know what grandpa did to the family because you tell me I was not big enough to know all of that. And now I'm an adult already. So tell me!" Yuri yelled. 


"You're not an adult!" 


The two people turned their head to the owner of the voice. Yuri clenched her teeth, she was mad. 


"You're still a kid and shouldn't come across of what happen with my business world!" Yuri's grandpa, Chairman Kwon spoke. 


"I knew it, you killed him. You killed the father! You're murderer!" 


"Shut up! Get back to your room!" 


Yuri ran upstairs to her room, she was furious with the grandpa. How could he yell at her. 


The next day, Yuri who was in the backyard of the Mansion being approached by the man. 


"Ma'am" 


Yuri shot a glare at him with her fierce eyes. She hated him for not being honest with her, because among other workers he was the only one who she trusted and closed with but yet he didn't tell her the truth. 


"What are you doing here? Dad might want you inside, you should get in. A secretary should always be by the boss side right?" He could sense the hatred tone in her voice. 


"Actually, there is something I need to tell you. I realize now, keeping the secret is not going to make me live in peace. Everyday I would be haunted by the truth. So I declare today I want to tell you everything. I don't want to keep this anymore. I can't bear it. You ask about it many times. And you're right, it is time for you to know" 


He got Yuri's full attention. 


"What is it? Tell me." Yuri was being impatient. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter