Chapter 1

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22 years earlier


"Grandpa, where are we going?" 


A sweet 4 years old girl asked her grandpa who busy with his tablet. They were sitting on backseat of the car. She was pouting when her grandpa didn't answer her instead mesmerizing with the tablet. Sometimes she felt like she wanted to get rid the tablet or any gadgets her grandpa had so she could has time to play with her grandpa. 


She might be 4 but she was smart enough to know that her family was more into works than her. She once cried inside her room. A 4 years old girl was crying alone inside her room because no one wanted to play with her. How she wished her parents would give her sister or brother to play with. She was sick for being alone. 


She was busy playing with her toys when suddenly her grandpa spoke. 


"We are heading to someone's house who messed up with me. You have to see and learn, one day you may have to face someone like them" 


"We are here, Chairman" The driver announced. 


A guard headed toward the car and opened the door for the Chairman. 


The Chairman got out from the car, following suit by the little girl behind him. She wandered around and frowned as she saw unfamiliar small house they were stopping in. She followed her grandpa, heading to the small house like a puppy. 


"Grandpa, what place is this?" She asked her grandpa while holding tight on the old man's coat. 


"You will know later" He instructed his guards to the house and they then knocked on the door. 


Minutes later, 


*punch*


*kick*


The little girl was scared, she hided behind her grandpa who sat on the chair with crossed legs and smoke pipe on his mouth. 


She couldn't bare to see the guards who punched and kicked the owner of the house. Beside, she was too little to see that happened infront of her eyes. She turned her head to right and there she saw a woman, pulling close a baby and a look-like-barbie girl around her ages were crying while hugging each other. The said barbie girl was shouting her father name. 


"Chairman, I.. I'm sorry, I s-swear it won't happen again" The husband said. 


"Sure it won't happen again. But it is not easy for me to forgive you. You stole thousands dollars from me what do you expect?" 


"I didn't steal it, I... I just borrowed it for my child's education.. please Chairman, I'm sorry.." The husband kept asking for the Chairman's merciness. 


The little girl was still fixing her eyes to the wife and her daughters. The two girls then met eyes, she could feel something, probably pity and she was hurting too for her grandpa to do this to the family. She then went to her grandpa. 


"Grandpa, please stop, have pity on them" She said with her sweet voice. 


Her grandpa sighed. He was melting with the sweet voice of his granddaughter. He then intructed his guards to step back and got up from his seat to go home as his granddaughter requested. 


"You are lucky I bring my granddaughter with me, or you will be dead already" He said the last words lower for he didn't want the granddaughter to hear it. 


But she really didn't hear it as she was focusing her attention to the 'barbie' girl who had tears in her eyes. 


"Lets go, sweety" 


She walked out from the house, following her grandpa but not before she gave a smile, a sweet and genuine one, to her barbie girl. She wanted to get to know the girl and probably would back again tomorrow as she already know the way to the house. 


"Grandpa, why did you so mean to that family?" She asked innocently as they were already inside the car. 


"I wasn't mean to them, they were the one mean to me" 


"Huh?" She scratched her head, she was too young to understand it. The grandpa chuckled due to her cuteness. 


"One day you will understand why I did that. We can't believe all people in this world are nice, they are just trying to take advantage from people like us-"


"But they seemed good people and the barbie girl is so pretty!" She exclaimed excitedly as her cheeks began to blush. 


"Barbie girl?" The grandpa frowned. 


"Hm-mm" She nodded. "The daughter of the man your guards just beated"


The grandpa just sighed. He awared his granddaughter was too young to understand what he was doing and was too innocent to differentiate which good people and which bad. 


Their conversation was cutting short as they arrived at the mansion. She jumped off the car and ran inside the mansion, leaving her grandpa. The grandpa then got out then stopped,


"Get back there and give him lesson" 


"Nae, Chairman" His man bowed as the Chairman walked into the mansion. 


The next day, the little girl jumped happily as she hummed random songs with mickey plushie on her hand. She was smiling non stop on the thought of meeting her barbie girl again and planned to convince her appa to send her to the house. But before that she needed to greet her grandpa first. 


She went to her grandpa's study room and when she was about to open the door she heard 2 people were having conversation. She pouted and decided to eavedrop as she leaned her ear against the door. 


Inside the room, 


"Did you do what I told you?" The old man asked his man while read a newspaper. 


"Yes, Chairman. Everything is under control" The man informed. 


The Chairman laughed as he folded the newspaper. "Good. Now get out, your job is done here" 


"Yes Chairman, I'll take my leave now" The man bowed then got out from the room. 


The man was startled when he bumped into a little girl. She looked up with a blank expression and the man chuckled. He was immersed with the cute side of the little boss. 


"Hi little ma'am" He bowed his head slightly. 


"Uncle, what did you and grandpa talk about?" She asked as her grip on the plushie tightened. 


"Oh... it was about business" He replied with a smile. 


She made a 'O' expression and nodded in understanding. She didn't think it much as she wouldn't understand about her grandpa's business. 


"Ah! Uncle, can you bring me to barbie girl's house?" She asked cutely. She asked the man instead in case her appa couldn't.


"Barbie girl's house?" 


She nodded vigorously. "The house that we visited yesterday" 


Smile on the man's face suddenly faded. He was dumbfounded and didn't know what to answer the little ma'am of his. Beads of sweat coated his forehead. How could he go back to there after what he did to the family. He closed his eyes for a while and wished for that little ma'am to go somewhere or someone might called him or her. As if he was right, someone actually called him.


"Secretary Kim"


He secretly thanked God for sending someone who could 'save' him from this little ma'am. 


He bowed to the little girl "I'm so sorry, little ma'am but your father needs me. I have to go now" then walked away. 


She pouted cutely. She felt sad for couldn't get a chance to meet her barbie girl again and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter